New Car Chat

fine-n-dandy

Wouldn't expect a pen pusher to appreciate the beauty and mechanics of a simple powerful combustion engine.

Indeed. Combine it with some beautiful lines, and you've got a great car.

The Hellcat is loud and boisterous, yet it is also surprisingly competent on the racetrack, and this despite its 2,018 kg weight. You won’t find yourself flicking it through turns, as you would, say, a Subaru BRZ, and you certainly need a judicious right foot to keep the rear end from leading you out of corners, but there’s minimal body roll, easily manageable understeer and an altogether decent level of cornering grip.

What really helps the Hellcat lap a racetrack quickly—aside from its ungodly power—is its stiffer suspension, large-diameter, solid stabilizer bars, sticky 20-inch Pirelli P Zero tires, and huge Brembo brakes.

Take that Audi!

The Hellcat is loud and boisterous, yet it is also surprisingly competent on the racetrack, and this despite its 2,018 kg weight. You won’t find yourself flicking it through turns, as you would, say, a Subaru BRZ, and you certainly need a judicious right foot to keep the rear end from leading you out of corners, but there’s minimal body roll, easily manageable understeer and an altogether decent level of cornering grip.

What really helps the Hellcat lap a racetrack quickly—aside from its ungodly power—is its stiffer suspension, large-diameter, solid stabilizer bars, sticky 20-inch Pirelli P Zero tires, and huge Brembo brakes.

Take that Audi!

More importantly LGIR, is the backseat spacious enough for you?

My job is to source genuine motor parts to aid our repair workshop overhaul drilling motors, i can raise purchase orders for any value i want without question, so a huge level of trust is being shown that i can not only source the correct parts but i can get them for the best possible value.

I also supply motors on the side, which also carries with it a level of responsibility as if I order the wrong ones not only can they "Blow up" but also severly impact on drilling productivity due to having to wait up to 16 weeks for the correct motor to be supplied.

What is it that you do? Call centre boy?

Pretty sure you're a purchasing assistant. :)

You really dont have a clue do you!

And you have the cheek to call me thick!

Hahahaha. Fucking RATTLED by MT min!! :hysterical:

Take that Audi!

Aye these muscle cars are all very well, as long as you dont have to turn a corner :happy:

Sorry man...I thought you'd posted pics of your car...not someone else's...my bad

Ooft. Try coming back fae that F&D.

Outstanding work Redstar.

That car in the link IS the exact car I have (not a version of it but the EXACT car). That is an A5 S line black edition Diesel Coupe (de badged) 2 ltr 170 bhp.

The boy is seriously fkd up in the head & obsessed with cars as you can see by his chat.

That car in the link IS the exact car I have (not a version of it but the EXACT car). That is an A5 S line black edition Diesel Coupe (de badged) 2 ltr 170 bhp.

The boy is seriously fkd up in the head & obsessed with cars as you can see by his chat.

Oh fucking dear...time for the trump card

From Detailing World

"As an Audi fan mysel,f I give you a massive thumbs up!

Looks great without badges, what engine have you gone for?"

"Thanks guys - its only the 1.8TFSi as I couldn't justify spending any more, plus I am mostly sat in traffic!

However I am thinking about a remap and yes the interior is lovely - so very comfortable but then it should be for the amount it cost "

When did he swap out the engine f'n'd ?

• Upvote 1

Oh fucking dear...time for the trump card

From Detailing World

"As an Audi fan mysel,f I give you a massive thumbs up!

Looks great without badges, what engine have you gone for?"

"Thanks guys - its only the 1.8TFSi as I couldn't justify spending any more, plus I am mostly sat in traffic!

However I am thinking about a remap and yes the interior is lovely - so very comfortable but then it should be for the amount it cost "

When did he swap out the engine f'n'd ?

Lol. Mate selt me a dummy then.

Must be something to do with the exchange rate between Scotland n England then cos when I got the car the engine got bigger.

Mate's obviously used a forum thread to show us the car. I didn't read the comments, just assumed that was the car as it came via Audi Haydock n is de badged n other than the engine is exactly the same.

Surprised the 2012 (1.8 ltr) is more expensive to tax than the 2 ltr

Apologies Redstar.

Anyway, mine is £30 to tax lol

car_id_10_4.jpg

Going to go for one of these next. Something small and daft whilst I'm still young enough to get in and out of it. Hopefully it'll put my da' off asking for a lift which would be a massive boost!

A wise choice Pudgie...my sister recently bought one...excellent value for money,reliable and decent looking motor.

A wise choice Pudgie...my sister recently bought one...excellent value for money,reliable and decent looking motor.

That's what hooked me. Lovely in black but stunning in grey with the red interior. Hoping to be able to play about with this one a bit and get some additions. 7" screen, black and red alloys and Tuscani badges. Been looking into a DAB radio for planet rock but the ones ive seen have been whooring expensive.

It was the the H on the wheels that clued me in

Companies like Hyundai and Kia have come on leaps and bounds in last 10 years...any company that offers a 100,000 mile warranty is very confident in their product...I doubt any Audi or BMW ever sees 100k without at least £10k in failed components and garage time...