New Car Chat

fine-n-dandy

Is MT hame yet or lying face doon in a shallow grave?

More likely he's waiting on the AA a couple of miles from where he started.

Probably currently duct taped to a chair in a basement in Chigwell, while Rafael, Pepe, Hugo and Jesus take turns thrusting their big, bloated cocks in between Frankie's bloodied, raped mouth and a hastily prepared ballgag.

Car? Si, el carro down in basement, Amigo. Go on, Chulo...

0000000324.jpg

You would have to be utterly insane to choose to buy a Rover, just like you would be a really boring cunt if you chose to buy a Golf, or any VW for that matter.

thats the problem these days.

of all the cars on the global market 90% of them are shite and almost all of those are for bland non entities. mondeo man if you will.

the high end market is poitless, unless of course you have more money than sense or youre on a premiership footballers bunsen.

there remains very little middle ground.

I've owned three Rovers now (two 75s, one 25) and have thoroughly enjoyed driving them. We're all a little crazy, but I'm certainly not insane. Still, long live the Rover-bashing because it makes parts all the cheaper and avoids three-figure sums for brackets and plastic pipes as anyone driving a VAG, BMW, Mercedes etc. Can attribute.

I've owned three Rovers now (two 75s, one 25) and have thoroughly enjoyed driving them. We're all a little crazy, but I'm certainly not insane. Still, long live the Rover-bashing because it makes parts all the cheaper and avoids three-figure sums for brackets and plastic pipes as anyone driving a VAG, BMW, Mercedes etc. Can attribute.

Can't see it ending anytime soon given the latest addition to the "owners club"

You can pick up a ten tear old Bentley Arnage with shagpile carpets and umbrellas cheaper than a new VW Passat.

I know what Cheesepipes would rather pick up the electricity tokens in.

plenty of good deals put there pies.

i remeber a few years ago seeing a xk or xj something or other jag for sale with 400bhp and a 0-60 of 5 seconds for pennies.

sales of it were poor as it was up against the highly regarded 400bhp M5 resulting in buyer friendly second hand deals.

I've been tempted to buy an old RR, or a classic Jag, but the prohibitive repair costs have always stayed my hand. A full set of ceramic brake pads for a classic Silver Shadow are eye watering, throwing in that most garages wouldn't know which end the engine is in without an OBD port to plug in their generic Bosch/Siemens "AutoMechanic", and it's always seemed like too big a risk. Better the Devil you know, for me.

I've been tempted to buy an old RR, or a classic Jag, but the prohibitive repair costs have always stayed my hand. A full set of ceramic brake pads for a classic Silver Shadow are eye watering, throwing in that most garages wouldn't know which end the engine is in without an OBD port to plug in their generic Bosch/Siemens "AutoMechanic", and it's always seemed like too big a risk. Better the Devil you know, for me.

Could you not fix it yourself though? You seem pretty clued up on this sort of thing.

Cars all cost money, doesn't matter if it's an Astra Sri or a ZT as you speak of...they all cost dough.

I'll buy a Range Rover Sport soon, just because everyone turns their noses up to Range Rover drivers, and I want folk to think I'm a bigger cunt than I am currently seen as.

I'm guessing this was MT's thinking when buying the ZT...so folk think he's a bigger minker than he is currently seen as :dontknow:

But I'm minted, and I earn shit loads of money - so that sort of price doesn't bother me, peanuts like...

That aside, coupon money will cover it, so don't need to spend my own money. It's a freebie - and I'm still minted. ;)

thats cause your a contractor. same with boofon.

Yet you purchased a Nissan Juke, which will cost considerably more than an Astra in like for like repairs.

The Nissan won't go wrong...I don't think he purchased it though...seem to remember reading it was his girlfriend's company car...the latest acquisition, aside from looking like something a down at heal Bradford pimp would drive, will go wrong...I just hope he has the good sense (unlikely) to put it down as a bad mistake the first time it coughs up a bill north of

It's a base-entry model; it has a manual aircon, but not the dual-zone climate control which is more common on virtually every other 75/ZT but unless you desperately need the ability to vary the temperature between the front seats by ten degrees plus or minus, it doesn't make all that much difference. It lacks toys like cruise control, trip computer, heated seats etc. but the ZTs were deliberately mostly built without these.

At 2005 it's one of the last production models (While there do exist 75s/ZTs on 06, 07 and even one on an 08 plate no car was physically built after April 05, and the bankruptcy of MG Rover Group). Combine that with its low mileage, and I think it's very competitively priced. One thing you'll notice on even a cursory search on Ebay, is 75s/ZTs are a little more expensive north of the border - I'd expect you could knock that down to around a grand.

Obviously it is a K-Series which means you need to check under the oil filler cap, the dipstick and the coolant tank for any signs of the infamous "Mayonnaise" - the coagulated, chocolate milk-coloured curd that's formed as a result of oil escaping from the cylinders via a dodgy head gasket and mixing with coolant. Another tell-tale sign of HGF is lots and lots of white smoke via the exhaust.

It's a Turbocharged 1.8, so it's got some serious get-up and go (160 BHP) whilst still being quite economical to run.

All in all, it's a lot of car for around a grand and it's almost as economical as the CDTi, without being nearly as expensive to maintain. Provided it's mechanically sound, I think it'd be a perfectly reasonable buy. The paint job's eye-catching too.