New Car Chat

fine-n-dandy

The new love of my life for a wee while :spunk:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=262877

Is that the actual car? if so, why did he sell after just one year? Looks very nice, especially the interior. Saddest thing though is the OP's detailing list;

No photo's I'm afraid but the process was the usual:

1. Snow Foam Pre-Wash.

2. 2BM Wash with mitt and Blackfire Shampoo.

3. Clay with Sonus Green.

4. Single Stage machine Polish with Megs 205 and a Megs Polishing Pad via Megs G220.

5. Prepped the paint with Werkstat Prime via Foam Applicator.

6. 6x layers of Werkstatt Jett including Glass and Trim

7. Wheels got 2x layers of Planet Polish Wheel Seal & Shine.

8. Tyres with Blackfire Tire Gel.

9. Interior cleaned with Megs APC 4:1, Megs Glass Cleaner and Gliptone on the Leather.

10 Final Wipe Down with Werkstatt Glos and Exhaust Tips polished with Autosol.

Get a life!

The new love of my life for a wee while :spunk:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=262877

Is that the actual car? if so, why did he sell after just one year? Looks very nice, especially the interior. Saddest thing though is the OP's detailing list;

No photo's I'm afraid but the process was the usual:

1. Snow Foam Pre-Wash.

2. 2BM Wash with mitt and Blackfire Shampoo.

3. Clay with Sonus Green.

4. Single Stage machine Polish with Megs 205 and a Megs Polishing Pad via Megs G220.

5. Prepped the paint with Werkstat Prime via Foam Applicator.

6. 6x layers of Werkstatt Jett including Glass and Trim

7. Wheels got 2x layers of Planet Polish Wheel Seal & Shine.

8. Tyres with Blackfire Tire Gel.

9. Interior cleaned with Megs APC 4:1, Megs Glass Cleaner and Gliptone on the Leather.

10 Final Wipe Down with Werkstatt Glos and Exhaust Tips polished with Autosol.

Get a life!

:laughing: Yeah actual car & yeah a little too much detail but I'd imagine he was pretty happy when he got it after having a TT before it.

Only thing missing on the list was the flies getting picked of the number plate with tweezers.

But if you think he's sad in that list, well go into his old TT link & check out the obsession in that one :o holy fucking shite

That's fucking gorgeous!

Tidy as fuck

It is a lovely looking car.

Canny wait to pick it up. Been a while since I treated myself, so went a little over my planned budget.

Holy fuck the guy you bought it from is clean off his rocker.

A little OCD yes.

I didn't buy it from him though.

My mate bought it a couple of months ago from him & got a good deal & he didn't really need it & he just loves buying toys so he was willing to sell it on pretty much straight away.

He has a Q7 & an Insignia & will sell them if he can as well (in fact I think the Q7 is away now)..

I'm not the type for changing cars every year (or less) I like to keep them a good few years.

Is it an S line?

no markings on it

Yeah, a white S Line black facelift edition

Picked up the car the day.

She's beautiful :wub:

Cracking cars the Audi 5's, great looking and great to drive.

Picked up a S5 in March when the new reg came in; so far so good.

They're fucking lovely but a little out of my spending range (especially new)

Phoned up a few garages for cars today.

Fancied a new Golf GTI but they don't come out til later in the year so going to go with the Scirocco or another Golf waiting for some quotes fae a few garages.

The Scirocco is a lovely looking motor.

It is nice wasn't to impressed with the model he offered though would have preferred higher spec could have waited but should get this golf next week.

Cheers LGIR.

Was a bit nervous at first as it's longer than I'm used to driving, but getting used to it now and it's such an awesome car to drive.

Been told not to go over 100 km/h for the first 1,000 k/m and as the speed limits here are 120-140 km I've been having to drive in the slow lanes so far. Looking forward to next weekend when I should reach 1,000 km and unleash it properly. But absolutely loving it so far. First brand new car I've ever owner and a Challenger has always been my dream car.

Cheers LGIR.

Was a bit nervous at first as it's longer than I'm used to driving, but getting used to it now and it's such an awesome car to drive.

Been told not to go over 100 km/h for the first 1,000 k/m and as the speed limits here are 120-140 km I've been having to drive in the slow lanes so far. Looking forward to next weekend when I should reach 1,000 km and unleash it properly. But absolutely loving it so far. First brand new car I've ever owner and a Challenger has always been my dream car.

you'll get used to motoring about in and out of tight spots soon enough. (i've found when i've driven them some fairly signifiant blind spots, which makes parking a bit of guesswork unless you're got a NAV system with a backup camera? or maybe it's just cos i'm short). it looks like SRT rims? 6.4L? or are they just different rims in the UK?

in any event, hope you really enjoy riding her! she's a beauty. :dance:

EDIT: do you have a name for her yet? :)

Cheers LGIR.

you'll get used to motoring about in and out of tight spots soon enough. (i've found when i've driven them some fairly signifiant blind spots, which makes parking a bit of guesswork unless you're got a NAV system with a backup camera? or maybe it's just cos i'm short). it looks like SRT rims? 6.4L? or are they just different rims in the UK?

Ha ha no name yet, but that's a good point. I do need to give her a name. Any suggestions?

Unfortunately it's just the 3.6L. The 6.4L would be wasted on me as I'm not a total speed freak, but she's definitely got enough power for me. The rims were standard, but I'm in the UAE not the UK so I'm not sure which spec they use.

I did upgrade to get the NAV system with camera though, just to be on the safe side. My side of the driveway has a big low box at the back so I wanted to make sure I was ok reversing into it. Thankfully my other half has a Mini Cooper so she doesn't need too much space in the drive. Good job as she has a lot less now!

Cheers LGIR.

Ha ha no name yet, but that's a good point. I do need to give her a name. Any suggestions?

Unfortunately it's just the 3.6L. The 6.4L would be wasted on me as I'm not a total speed freak, but she's definitely got enough power for me. The rims were standard, but I'm in the UAE not the UK so I'm not sure which spec they use.

I did upgrade to get the NAV system with camera though, just to be on the safe side. My side of the driveway has a big low box at the back so I wanted to make sure I was ok reversing into it. Thankfully my other half has a Mini Cooper so she doesn't need too much space in the drive. Good job as she has a lot less now!

hmm.. names. she's black with (as cars go) great hips, and sexy as hell. so i'd be leaning towards Roxy? Delilah?

or how about Joelle? or Janeka? :whistling: