Fraser Signs for Bournemouth

>Express<

So bits I've underlined maybe he just wanted more time and his dad talked him into refusing it? Good news anyway, maybe.

This isn't the first time that it's been stated that it was the failure of Fraser to sign the contract by the deadline given by the club that resulte in talks breaking down. This again would back up the previous statements that Fraser was offered everything he asked for by the club.

It's looking more and more like it's the agent/father who may have been hoping to delay things to see what happened once the window opened.

Although I thought I read somewhere that due to a peculiarity of the timing of his last contract that Fraser has been free to speak to other clubs since December 1st, not sure if that was correct though. I'm still hopeful that he might end up staying with us for another 18 months or so before a move elsewhere.

Why do you think this ?

Playing Devil's Advocate.....

If you thought your teenage son could increase his salary ten fold, would you not at the very least tell him to seriously look into the possibility?

Anyone who says no is a liar in my opinion.

From a fans point of view, it's easy for us to say "sign a contract and we won't make you see it out - we'll let you go in 12-18 months for a decent fee"

That all said, hopefully he signs on for a wee while and at least when he goes we get a proper fee.

Yes without a doubt his dad should have an opinion and try and steer his son in the right direction, but Fraser isnt a little kid trying to decide what he wants for christmas. He is a grown man. Without a doubt his dad should have an opinion but for him to possibly be the one holding back a deal? fuck that. Why should Aberdeen even be talking to his father? Fraser has an agent, its his job to decide where will get Fraser the best money and the likes. His dad sounds as if he has been interfering too much and got inside Frasers head, making him confused no doubt as he will have hundreds of people telling him different things.

I would say the same if Fraser wanted to leave Aberdeen and it was his dad interfering in deals to make him stay at Pittodrie. In my opinion, the final deal should be between the club and the player and agent. The parents shouldnt even come into it. Whats going to happen if say Fraser is lucky enough to get a big offer, is his dad going to sit in an office with the likes of Fergie and tell him his demands?

What does this mean?

His performances have been of a good standard and you certainly couldn't tell from them that there's been any lack of effort or commitment - does it mean you wouldn't cheer him or encourage him as you would have done before, even if he signs up again?

It means exactly what it says. I'd be happy if he re-signs for us but he's lost all the goodwill he built up with his previous words about the club and fitba.

But then commitment on the park and signing a new contract wouldn't be enough for you?

Maybe a spell in your dungeon is required, you could enscribe the names of the 83 ECWC team on his back with a scalpel.

Righteo. The part where I've said I'd be glad if he signed obviously passed you by. Jesus you Brochers are thick as shit aren't you.

If he goes I hope he flops and hope Jamie Murphy has a great career after giving Motherwell great service before going south

I heard the Jamie Murphy interview on the radio after the game today and he sounded genuinely quite emotional about leaving.

Been there 11 years since he was a boy apparently.

He said he wanted to go now rather than the summer so Motherwell got some money for him.

The kind of player that deserves to be successful.

Sums the finances of Scotland up compared to England when one of the top players in this country goes to a 3rd tier team and will earn five times what he's on just now. ....Albeit to a massive club in terms of support, stadium, facilities etc.

No-one would grudge Ryan Fraser a move if he played here for another 18 months, racked up 70 games or whatever and then left to bigger and better things and we get a decent fee.

• Upvote 4

Yes without a doubt his dad should have an opinion and try and steer his son in the right direction, but Fraser isnt a little kid trying to decide what he wants for christmas. He is a grown man. Without a doubt his dad should have an opinion but for him to possibly be the one holding back a deal? fuck that. Why should Aberdeen even be talking to his father? Fraser has an agent, its his job to decide where will get Fraser the best money and the likes. His dad sounds as if he has been interfering too much and got inside Frasers head, making him confused no doubt as he will have hundreds of people telling him different things.

I would say the same if Fraser wanted to leave Aberdeen and it was his dad interfering in deals to make him stay at Pittodrie. In my opinion, the final deal should be between the club and the player and agent. The parents shouldnt even come into it. Whats going to happen if say Fraser is lucky enough to get a big offer, is his dad going to sit in an office with the likes of Fergie and tell him his demands?

Completely disagree. Far too many players, particularly younger ones, are rail-roaded into making bad decisions, by money grabbing agents. Parents are in a much better place to help guide their children, without the lure of an attractive percentage of a signing on fee. Not suggesting their may be a degree of sour grapes here with Ryan's dad, but none of us have any idea on what AFC's side of the negotiations have been. They have previous when it comes to cocking up contract negotiations, so nothing surprises me really.

Society in general has seen an erosion of proper, established, parental guidance to the extent where the youth of today have no morals, no etiquite and no idea on how to behave in an acceptable manner. I'm sure Ryan Fraser's Dad is looking out for Ryan's best interests. At the end of the day, we're looking at this from a selfish point of view - we want the kid to stay as he's a potential star. Try taking the red tinted glasses off and thinking about it through the eyes of Ryan Fraser.

Well if I was his dad, I'd want him to stay at Aberdeen for a couple more years, until he's matured a little more.

What kind of parent WANTS his young kid to move away (just for money now) at the first semi decent offer.

He doesn't see the bigger picture.

Fraser could move now & go on to do quite well or even better but at his age he could get really fucked up also for so many reasons & big money being one of those reasons.

The dad (if true) is NOT acting in his sons best interests. At least certainly not in the long term imo.

& I don't mean all this for selfish reasons as an Aberdeen fan.

I suggest the dad has a wee read of the secret footballer. It may open his eyes

I heard the Jamie Murphy interview on the radio after the game today and he sounded genuinely quite emotional about leaving.

Been there 11 years since he was a boy apparently.

He said he wanted to go now rather than the summer so Motherwell got some money for him.

The kind of player that deserves to be successful.

Sums the finances of Scotland up compared to England when one of the top players in this country goes to a 3rd tier team and will earn five times what he's on just now. ....Albeit to a massive club in terms of support, stadium, facilities etc.

No-one would grudge Ryan Fraser a move if he played here for another 18 months, racked up 70 games or whatever and then left to bigger and better things and we get a decent fee.

A tear jerking interview no less haha!! Jamie Murphy is to Motherwell what Ryan Fraser pretended he was to us! Respect

it is in ryans interest to get a better club than aberdeen but you would certainly want it to be a club that were happy to buy him whatever price was required. If he goes under freedom of contract and a club have to pay only 175k or some such there is a real chance they arent really that fussed about getting him and developing him

Completely disagree. Far too many players, particularly younger ones, are rail-roaded into making bad decisions, by money grabbing agents. Parents are in a much better place to help guide their children, without the lure of an attractive percentage of a signing on fee. Not suggesting their may be a degree of sour grapes here with Ryan's dad, but none of us have any idea on what AFC's side of the negotiations have been. They have previous when it comes to cocking up contract negotiations, so nothing surprises me really.

Society in general has seen an erosion of proper, established, parental guidance to the extent where the youth of today have no morals, no etiquite and no idea on how to behave in an acceptable manner. I'm sure Ryan Fraser's Dad is looking out for Ryan's best interests. At the end of the day, we're looking at this from a selfish point of view - we want the kid to stay as he's a potential star. Try taking the red tinted glasses off and thinking about it through the eyes of Ryan Fraser.

Key theme there is money. So what is his father guiding him towards? Still only completed 2 full games, yet his dad wants him to leave a club that is offering him a chance to play regularly?

I 100% believe that Fraser has been tapped up (I think most of us do) but I also believe that his dad has likely been bought/bribed also & that is the deciding factor here.

Watch for the dad (for example) driving a new car soon (if not already).

Disgusting if this is the case but this is my belief

• Downvote 1

I 100% believe that Fraser has been tapped up (I think most of us do) but I also believe that his dad has likely been bought/bribed also & that is the deciding factor here.

Watch for the dad (for example) driving a new car soon (if not already).

Disgusting if this is the case but this is my belief

Good Evening Bergerac

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well if I was his dad, I'd want him to stay at Aberdeen for a couple more years, until he's matured a little more.

What kind of parent WANTS his young kid to move away (just for money now) at the first semi decent offer.

He doesn't see the bigger picture.

Fraser could move now & go on to do quite well or even better but at his age he could get really fucked up also for so many reasons & big money being one of those reasons.

The dad (if true) is NOT acting in his sons best interests. At least certainly not in the long term imo.

& I don't mean all this for selfish reasons as an Aberdeen fan.

I suggest the dad has a wee read of the secret footballer. It may open his eyes

Unless you have been in the same room as either Ryan Fraser, his Dad, or Duncan Fraser whilst discussions took place, I can't see how you are placed to comment in such a way. But then again, don't let the truths get in the way of a good witch hunt.

Unless you have been in the same room as either Ryan Fraser, his Dad, or Duncan Fraser whilst discussions took place, I can't see how you are placed to comment in such a way. But then again, don't let the truths get in the way of a good witch hunt.

so instead of being cryptic as fuck what is "the truth"?

Em that is why I said"if true etc."

I haven't claimed to KNOW any of the dealings.

So wtf you on about?

That is why I can comment in EXACTLY "such a way" :nutter:

Key theme there is money. So what is his father guiding him towards? Still only completed 2 full games, yet his dad wants him to leave a club that is offering him a chance to play regularly?

Where is it written that is all about money? You guys just clutching at straws, looking for an angle. How the hell do you know what Fraser's Dad wants or doesn't want for his flesh and blood??

And no one (perhaps Messi) would be offered a regular game. You play shite and you're dropped - that should go for every single AFC player, regardless if they are being offered a new contract.

The 'truth' is that no one has ANY idea about what he was offered, not offered, what his father has said, hasn't said, etc etc etc. Anything written here is complete rumour and dare I say it, scaremongering.

He cannot comment on that I'm afraid :dontknow:

But he COULD give his opinion I suppose :dontknow:

Where is it written that is all about money? You guys just clutching at straws, looking for an angle. How the hell do you know what Fraser's Dad wants or doesn't want for his flesh and blood??

And no one (perhaps Messi) would be offered a regular game. You play shite and you're dropped - that should go for every single AFC player, regardless if they are being offered a new contract.

So you clearly know something that us mere mortals dont know? I believe its about money because i can genuinely see no other reason for the lad leaving.

If he wants his flesh and blood to become a jouneyman lost to the lower leagues of england for a quick payday then fair play.

Id want my flesh and blood to progress as a footballer and play to his potential. He can earn money later on in his career.