I think the whole appointment was absurd, they had a chance to reverse it when they seen a massive adverse reaction, but none of this was reported in the mainstream media, and eventually we had folk incredibly stating he was going to be our saviour.

Aye, right, tedious beyond belief and St Johnstone and sacked by Bristol City for his woeful record.

I watched his Sportscene studio appearance again at the weekend and his whole demeanour makes my blood boil, he's sevco to the core.

You're letting your anger affect your typing, cool it.

Or I might have a word with bobo.

Villa are near bottom of the EPL yet would destroy Aberdeen without getting into second gear, we're so far away from being a half decent team it's frightening.

A Eddie Turnbull style clear out is required.

Is that the same Aston Villa who've spent nearly £25m since Lambert came in?

Bizarre comparison.

We assembled teams in the past on a shoestring that could have not only competed with EPL teams but beat them on a regular basis, I don't believe it simply comes down to throwing money at the problem. Lambert has shown you can spend a lot of money and still not buy success.

A team needs a heart and a belief, we have neither.

WHEN!?

A fair chunk of the 80's for a start!

Ah right. So, before the EPL was invented

Splitting hairs, they were still the same teams and still had way more resources than us.

No way man. EPL is completely different now to what it was in the 80s as the old Division 1. It is so much richer and we are so much poorer!

We will never be able to build a better team than a Premiership side with SPL money and Aberdeen attendances

In a way i'm glad we were shite last night. It fucking annoys me when shite players play well for a new manager after playing shite for the previous manager for years, then winning a new contract and being shite again.

It's better that McInnes finds out who is shite and who isn't based on real games, not just training, before he decides on who is coming and who is going.

Scary as it may sound, even Bomber Brown has had much more of an impact at Dundee than McInnes seems to be having here, what with this 2 week sabbatical nonsense, no rallying calls at all, and then a turgid opener last night.

And bear in mind that Bomber is a raging alcoholic.

Bomber Brown lost his first game 5-0 and amassed 6 points in his first 5 games. I'd rather compare their respective impacts after Del Boy has had his 5 games.

I think McInnes was right to choose the team he did, it's worth working out the character of the players he is left with, see if he can get anything out of them. It looks as if he realises he wont, but he needs to find that out for himself rather than for anyone else to tell him. Hopefully he'll have realised that after last night's showing and the wheels will be put in motion to make the necessary changes. That is his remit as manager and we as fans are pretty powerless until we see what kind of team he ends up putting together in the summer.

McInnes needs to be given a chance, lets see where we are in May 2014. He has inherited a team that's mindset is that 0-0 away from home is a great result. He has a major task to do to change that mindset. Put the Sevco association to one side(remember Fergie played for them as well!!), let him get on with the job and see what happens, he's going to need all the support he can get and I think tnat he is entitled to that.

Scary as it may sound, even Bomber Brown has had much more of an impact at Dundee than McInnes seems to be having here, what with this 2 week sabbatical nonsense, no rallying calls at all, and then a turgid opener last night.

One fucking game.

At the risk of sounding like Redstar, I think the fact that Broon is lurking around the boardroom, filling up on pots of tea and bourbon creams, will spell disaster for McInnes.

Anyone watching on ESPN will have noticed how defensive he was being of the squad and his signings. No doubt he will be whispering into Milnes ear, resulting in McInnes not being allowed the changes he wants.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt about last night, I think he was just trying to get a performance out the out of contract players. Hopefully he seen enough to realise they are of no use.

A team fighting against relegation and a team playing out meaningless matches isn't a fair comparison.

He benched Hughes and Vernon. Does he not get any credit for doing something so obviously overdue and essentially required that the previous cunt of a useless manager couldn't do it?

Agreed.

The Bristol City situation is hardly black and white, either, despite what some on here are saying... look at the league table now. Bristol City were doomed from the start.

I will reserve judgement until at least January, so that he has 2 transfer windows to clear out the dead wood, get his own team in and play every other SPL club home and away.

At the risk of sounding like Redstar, I think the fact that Broon is lurking around the boardroom, filling up on pots of tea and bourbon creams, will spell disaster for McInnes.

Anyone watching on ESPN will have noticed how defensive he was being of the squad and his signings. No doubt he will be whispering into Milnes ear, resulting in McInnes not being allowed the changes he wants.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt about last night, I think he was just trying to get a performance out the out of contract players. Hopefully he seen enough to realise they are of no use.

Good post Buchanski...the longer the Brooner lingers the harder Mchuns job will become.
  • Upvote 1

Wasn't at the game, just watched the lowlights on bbc and we looked rank.

Bet Mcinnes wished he had waited until the end of the season before taking over, if you play the same players, with virtually the same tactics and in the same positions you'll get the same woeful performances.

He has been watching the team for the past few weeks in training and Broons last games so he must know by now who he'd like to keep, so for ther players on their way out he should drop them and let the youngsters play, give them some game time

A team fighting against relegation and a team playing out meaningless matches isn't a fair comparison.

Their matches were deemed 'meaningless' when Bomber came in as they had been written off as relegation certainties, and the assumption was they were never going to have had a chance anyway because of poor preparation.

All of a sudden they are actually fighting relegation, probably because Bomber inserted a well timed rocket up their arses.

To me, no game of football involving my team is meaningless. If that is the impression we are giving, it is the wrong one.

I want to see the team fight every inch of the way to make up for the disappointment so far, but there seems little sign of that, all the signals are that we have made a disastrous appointment.

Think he went with fitting in as many available out of contract players as possible last night, which seems most logical thing in at least the first game or two, so that he can make final decisions on their futures and start working on bringing in new players as soon as. I think the majority agree that most of the out of contract players probably shouldn't be renewed but he does have to give them a chance. Think other players will get a chance in the last two games, the likes of Smith and McManus. Give them a chance to stake a claim for a place next season, but since they are here next season whatever, it is not the immediate concern.

As someone in the thread has already mentioned, I'd be happier if these players were true to their form, rather than perking up purely because it was a new manager and getting a new contract off the back of it.

I personally didn't want McInnes in the door as I think he's the wrong manager for trying to take us forward, We need young, fresh ideas with a board that will back this.

Personally I think this shows on even 90 mins of football that most of the players are on holiday now, Show most of them the door apart from McG, Hayes and Osbourne ( when fit )

I didn't have a strong opinion on our new manager. I still don't. I thought he interviewed excellently after that though.

I also wouldn't tell him who to keep and who to bin. That's his call.

You obviously don't rate Milsom either. When our fans are either so young or so ignorant that they don't know good footballers when they see them, then there's really nothing further to discuss.

Your fancy that the board will back anything is fantasy. Milne doesn't care about the product. He never has.

The bit where he said, "We used different connotations up front." made me smile.

As someone in the thread has already mentioned, I'd be happier if these players were true to their form, rather than perking up purely because it was a new manager and getting a new contract off the back of it.

Yet incredibly, this did not happen. Probably because of the two week delay = instant loss of respect for the manager.

Contrast McHunnis's first game with that of Paolo di Canio and you will see what I'm getting at.

Yet incredibly, this did not happen. Probably because of the two week delay = instant loss of respect for the manager.

Contrast McHunnis's first game with that of Paolo di Canio and you will see what I'm getting at.

Fuck me, you're comparing Di Canio to McInnes now, WTF?

To be fair Broon has been compared to Fergie numerous times on this board...which is completely ludicrous...comparing Mchun with the Facist is tame by comparison.

There has been thus far no new manager bounce which is unusual but then rarely does a new manager have to serve an apprenticeship whilst the old duo shuffle off and fail to deliver. It cannot be too much of a surprise in the players failing to deliver when the erstwhile manager in the backseat lauds a 0-0. He should be made to shut up as his input is not going to help. Even were he a Sir Matt Busby (which he most assuredly is not) he should keep his nose out of comments about the matches to any press; that is not his role now. There is a long established track record of old managers undermining the new; it looks like AFC will need to learn this for themselves.

I have no great hopes for Mcinnes but if he is shackled by Brown it will be worse.

Di Canio had millions of pounds worth of talent that was underperforming.

The general consensus seems to be our players aren't underperforming, they're very much performing to the extent of their limited abilities.

Then we see some zoomer comparing this to the Alex Miller era, folk critcising folk for giving him a chance.

Sevconian mentality.

As the zoomer concerned I do compare Mcinnes to Alex Miller - the style of football and the adventure with which he approaches games in the past (please check on St Johnstone or Bristol City fan forums for ideas here) are similar. His ability to spot a player (he bought Ricky Foster) is right up there too; for me the comparison is certainly far more apt than many others - I'd love him to prove me wrong; bringing on aging carthorses like Fallon and Vernon was classic Miller too.

Anyone with a passing interest in Scottish football would not need to give a second chance to the likes of Rae and Langfield...why these pair of pri*ks even traveled to Edinburgh is beyond me...First impression would be Mchun is more Brooner than new found Fergie.

Think he went with fitting in as many available out of contract players as possible last night, which seems most logical thing in at least the first game or two, so that he can make final decisions on their futures and start working on bringing in new players as soon as. I think the majority agree that most of the out of contract players probably shouldn't be renewed but he does have to give them a chance. Think other players will get a chance in the last two games, the likes of Smith and McManus. Give them a chance to stake a claim for a place next season, but since they are here next season whatever, it is not the immediate concern.

Exactly.

I'd rather have a manager who gives folk a chance, recognises their lack of ability and gets shot.

The sort of absolute banger who thinks the manager should just judge on reputation is the same sort who spends all summer moaning that the manager didn't go for completely unrealistic summer transfer targets from the EPL or the like.

You want our manager to get shot?!?!

scrappy game, not pretty, thought we had a good tempo for the 1st 25minutes, and pressed the game, shite conditions and shite pitch.

i suppose i could see where he wanted to take the team last night, Griffths was the difference in the game, just shows you with a wee bit of quality we could be a very good side.

cant judge on that performance, but a clean sheet and a well fought draw.

scrappy game, not pretty, thought we had a good tempo for the 1st 25minutes, and pressed the game, shite conditions and shite pitch.

i suppose i could see where he wanted to take the team last night, Griffths was the difference in the game, just shows you with a wee bit of quality we could be a very good side.

cant judge on that performance, but a clean sheet and a well fought draw.

Unfortunately we insulted our "wee bit of quality" with a ridiculously low pay offer and he fu*ked off

I'm not, if you read it a bit more carefully.

I'm comparing the impact of these respective managers at two separate clubs in separate leagues.

One is showing a bit (well tons) of passion, the other hid boofon style for 2 weeks until the hun chat died down a bit, and then got us off to a cracking start with a nil nil thriller using the same players in the same places as the previous manager did, and getting an identical outcome.

I think tup will be proved right when all is said and done but that's not the point. The point is that he is given a fair go and is seen to be given it.

With Milne's on-going mismanagement (simple incompetence or alternative agendas), I expect McHun to fail.

Sadly I think Tup is spot on with everything he's said in this thread. Regardless of what happened last night. I just think he's miles out of his depth.

He'll get my support for the meantime, but I have absolutely no faith in his ability. He has a monumental task on hands. He needs to get off that sunbed and get straight to work, otherwise I fear this could be yet another in a long line of disastrous appointments.