Soldier Killed By Two Attackers In Woolwich

That's probably why they did it in London and not Glasgow. Remember John Smeaton.........Smeaton, a baggage handler, was off duty when he saw the incident start to develop on 30 June 2007. He later recalled his first thoughts on being confronted by the two desperate suspects who drove a burning jeep filled with explosives into the airport entrance. He heard three explosions during his break: "What's the score? I've got to get this sorted."He added "I thought, 'That's not right,' and ran over to assist. All that was going through my mind was I've got to help the policeman, I'm not letting these guys get away with this."[5]It was reported that Smeaton shouted "fuckin' mon, then" and aimed a kick in the testicles at Kafeel Ahmed, who later died from his 90% burns following the attack.[2][6]During the incident Smeaton also helped drag Michael Kerr to safety after Kerr, another person to intervene in the event, had been left lying with a broken leg beside the burning jeep after kicking Mr Ahmed himself.[4]The incident has been described as inspiring others to take personal initiative and act decisively in a crisis. Newsagent and former policeman Mohammed Afzah cited Smeaton as inspiration for his facing down and repelling a would-be armed robber.[7]In late July, Smeaton returned to his old job as a baggage handler at the airport.[8] Later in the year he accepted a job as head of security at a nearby company.[9]On 18 December 2007, it was announced that Smeaton was to be awarded the Queen's Gallantry Medal for his actions;[10][11] this was presented by the Queen at a ceremony at Buckingham Palace on 4 March 2008.

Apparently, that isn't quite what happened. Apparently...

With the riots last year still a fresh memory, I think there may be scope for further developments here. One more fanatical attack or outburst from a vocal zealot and you may see some chaos evolve from what is already a country teetering on the brink. The problem being, this is exactly what the perpetrators want.

It would be refreshing if the public reaction, instead of being predictably like "send them all back" and "hang the bastards", was more along the lines of peaceful protests as the Norwegian people demonstrated following Anders Breivik's attack.

The official line was peaceful protest, but yer average man on the street here said and still says string them up.

The bottom line is that 2 nut jobs have savagely murdered a British soldier, call it

terrorism or religious hatred or whatever but no way should you be walking a

street in Britain and suffer what that lad did.

The only good thing is that when convicted they will serve a proper sentence.

• Upvote 2

The bottom line is that 2 nut jobs have savagely murdered a British soldier, call it

terrorism or religious hatred or whatever but no way should you be walking a

street in Britain and suffer what that lad did.

The only good thing is that when convicted they will serve a proper sentence.

You are right with most of that Tommy, but do you have confidence in the judicial system in this country for life to mean life in this case?

• Downvote 1

"I apologise that women have had to witness this today, but in our land our women have to see the same. You people will never be safe. Remove your government, they don't care about you."

What is this mans land anyway? Hackney? Peckham? Southend on Sea? :clangers2:

So is it Afghanistan he's on about? The forces should have pulled out long ago and just leave the cunts to kill each other.

I'd be finding a fucking brick, a road sign, anything, even the shopping trolley of the old dear walking by, I swear on my life I would have done something, no matter how futile. There were at least 20 blokes there, get fucking stuck in!

Attacking 2 murdering armed fruit loops on a suicide mission with a road sign, is highly commendable and very community spirited, but if I honest I reckon I would bottle it. One guy, different story.

If I was this poor dead soldier though I might be a bit pissed off with, not so much that a normal civi never came to help, but that a batallion of my mates 150m down the road had somehow not noticed what the fuck was going on, as they where not exactly quiet about the fact they where there, wanting a go with some squaddies.

Every forces base I always seen had armed guards, what where these dicks doing for 20 minutes till the cops turned up?

I honestly puzzled as to why at least one of the soldiers in the barracks would not have a similar attitude as yourself and say fucking hell, that's one of ours mates out there and go sort it out, 20 mins it took the armed cops to turn up. and surely they had heard within minutes what had happened.

What is this mans land anyway? Hackney? Peckham? Southend on Sea? :clangers2:

So is it Afghanistan he's on about? The forces should have pulled out long ago and just leave the cunts to kill each other.

I'm pretty sure he said "lands" so Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Somalia and the West Midlands I assume.

I'm pretty sure he said "lands" so Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Somalia and the West Midlands I assume.

I just quoted the BBC. By land of course he could mean general Muslim countries?

As far as I'm aware the only country with British troops presently stationed is Afghanistan? (Out with the usual Cyprus, Germany etc.)

Horrible stuff.

Haven't read the thread, and it's probably been covered, however a quick glance at Facebook last night left me like this :clangers2::clangers2:

Shit like this really does bring out the worst in some people.

"Send all muslims home"

"Torture them"

"Execute them live on TV"

The last one is an actual suggestion from some eejit I used to play fitba with. Some distant relative also 'liked' the EDL page, absolute cretin that he is.

It's the fucktards that usually shout the loudest and portray society as a racist, angry mob.

Ah weel.

The killers will be brought to justice and spend the rest of their lives in jail.

Seems some people think we should revert back to the Dark Ages and hang them in the Castlegate :laughing:

• Upvote 2

I can't understand the TV cameraman giving the guy a platform to rant, people milling about in the background while they were murdering someone on the street, and then with a body in the street, and a ranting blood soaked mad man with a meat cleaver, a little old lady walks by with her shopping as if nothing is happening.

bizarre stuff

"Religion" is an excuse for these feel radical cunts in this country & countries further afield to try hurt/kill the western world because we have a free right to do stuff, they don't if their "Muslim" as their beliefs don't permit it, so use religion as a way to have a go & use it to mask the grievances at the Western world.

• Upvote 1

Eh would certainly hope that once they recover that they will fall down some stairs at the cop shop.

That wa happen some human rights fucker will claim its racist or some shit should that happen. Its all wrong their human rights should dimminish as soon as they hacked the boy to bits.

• Upvote 1