U20's Thread

Anybody listening to malky (I've read lots of books) Mackay about his project Brave elite schools stuff? They are absolutely set on developing the best talent which is great but there's a concerning undertone of whatever that takes and if we fuck up club football in the meantime from the point of view of youth development then so be it.

Sounds a bit high risk to me!

Something's gotta give though. The entire structure needs to change if we're to succeed.

I heard on Sportsound one evening last week, that they were talking about having only a select few academies throughout Scotland.... like 15. You have to reach certain criteria to run one. I presume included in that will be the performance schools, such as Hazelhead. Kind of makes sense that we pool the resources and have a definitive model of how we want to coach our kids.

That said, I still firmly believe that the leakage of talent down south and the signing of plenty of journeymen (see Killie as prime example) does nothing to promote youth football into 1st team football. Imagine if we were bold enough to make it a Scottish player only league. Did the Germans or Spanish not go some way to introducing that idea? You'd get buy in from everyone bar the bigot bros for that, I'm sure.

A good win for the u20s today,played with conviction and kept a clean sheet as well.Encouraging to see the younger u17s settling in and looking the part.Well done Dean. Hope Dean will still find time to captain the u17s to league title success in the second half of the season.

What's the latest on the U17 league table, are we still clear at the top after that defeat to the huns?

@@ollie1903.

Will you're boy still be going to school?

Not as such. He'll be full time, but the club provides further education for two years, and he has to choose a course from whatever is available, of which he has to attend college once a week. Alternatively, he's sitting his higher PE this year, so he could go back to school once a week to sit his advanced higher, or re-sit higher as the case may be.

Not as such. He'll be full time, but the club provides further education for two years, and he has to choose a course from whatever is available, of which he has to attend college once a week. Alternatively, he's sitting his higher PE this year, so he could go back to school once a week to sit his advanced higher, or re-sit higher as the case may be.

:clangers2:

English and Physics min. PE is worthless.

He's sitting his nat 5 English at the moment, a subject he loves, so going back to do higher is definitely a possibility. Not sure how having an advanced PE higher is worthless though, considering the profession he's about to embark on

Have you also not stated that he's showed interest in becoming a PE teacher? Anything but worthless.

• Site Sponsor

PE Higher could be invaluable if he stays in any fitness related job if the professional football doesn't work out. I didn't do it, then missed out on joining the RAF as a PTI when I was younger. :)

But you still got to fly the Millenium Falcon though, you big hairy brute.

The dream of many a small boy (and old fart).

He's sitting his nat 5 English at the moment, a subject he loves, so going back to do higher is definitely a possibility. Not sure how having an advanced PE higher is worthless though, considering the profession he's about to embark on

He's a professional football player for the best club in the world. That's a bit better on the CV than Higher PE. ???

Aye. Teaching / Physiotherapy / sport science type vocation are all things he's discussed. He's level headed enough to know the fitba may still not pay the bills.

Thought so. Good he's got the grades to fall back on something. He'll have birds all over him just now. Pro footballer and Advanced Higher PE, chick magnet.