U20's Thread

Maybe that's where the skill schools etc that the SFA keep talking about come in, but that's a wider issue. Some of the smaller clubs actually do a good job of running their academies as well and wouldn't want to change their system. Falkirk come to mind.

Regardless, what we're doing now is largely not working and refusing to even consider alternative because "That's the way it's always been done" is the kind of mentality that has seen Scottish football steadily decline.

Maybe that's where the skill schools etc that the SFA keep talking about come in, but that's a wider issue. Some of the smaller clubs actually do a good job of running their academies as well and wouldn't want to change their system. Falkirk come to mind.

Regardless, what we're doing now is largely not working and refusing to even consider alternative because "That's the way it's always been done" is the kind of mentality that has seen Scottish football steadily decline.

Just because we're not selling players for millions doesn't necessarily mean we're failing though does it? We've had Jack, Considine, Smith, Pawlett and Storie all play 10 or more games last season.

14-15 - Consi, Russ, Pawlett, Low, Jack

13-14 - Shug, Robertson, Russ, Consi, Smith, Pawlett, Jack, Low,

12-13 - Jack, Robertson, Russ, Consi, Pawlett, Fraser, Shug, Smith

11-12 - Foster, Consi, Clark, Mackie, Pawlett, Robertson, Fyvie, Jack, Megginson

I mean I'm all for a change of system. Christ, I think we need it! But just scrapping the whole thing is warped beyond belief and to think that we don't have players coming through is just mental. I'm not saying any of the above are world beaters or are even going to excel in world football but we need squad players and having the opportunity to sell them if they do turn out to excel isn't something we should be looking to change.

Nae sure I'd be using any of Robertson, Megginson, Foster, Shug, or the Dazzler to argue the success of our youth setup but I take your point. I would argue that we could have sourced players better than all of those for free though and that they were only given games because of the state of the club at the time. Not a chance any of them would get a game in the current AFC team.

Just saw some arsehole, wanker, cuntface suggest disbanding the whole youth setup because it's a waste of money because our players only go on to play for Formartine and Morton. You know, apart from Fraser hitting up the EPL, Fyvie at Hibs and 5 of our last squad coming through our youth system.

More happy clapping from the Pud-meister.

More happy clapping from the Pud-meister.

Canna see how stating facts is happy clapping. Plus, that was coming through at a shite time for the club where we couldn't convince decent players, youth or full time, to stay.

In fact, would Fraser (Ryan, nae Fyvie), as a youth, be viewed as a better option than Hayes or McGinn and get a start with us?

Cue the "no 'cause McInnes never trusts the youths" comments.

Well, it's been a long, enjoyable journey to this point, and the easy part is now ticked off, but delighted to throw it out there that Deano's been offered a 3 year full time contract starting this summer, which he hasn't had to think long and hard about accepting. The whole family are bursting with pride obviously and look forward to seeing where things go now. It was an indescribable feeling for me when it was given to him, so i can only imagine how he must have been feeling. He was, for the first time in his life, genuinely lost for words. Apart fae fan he couldn't speak, obviously.

I've never had to think about it before, and he's still a mile away, but he could potentially be sharing a dressing room with some boys I've praised, and others I've ripped into in the past on here, so feel it's only right not to comment on such things from now on in.

Good luck son, and to any of the other lads that will inevitably be taken on too.

• Upvote 12

Canna see how stating facts is happy clapping. Plus, that was coming through at a shite time for the club where we couldn't convince decent players, youth or full time, to stay.

In fact, would Fraser (Ryan, nae Fyvie), as a youth, be viewed as a better option than Hayes or McGinn and get a start with us?

Cue the "no 'cause McInnes never trusts the youths" comments.

Ill decide who is a happy clapper or not, thank you very much.

Well, it's been a long, enjoyable journey to this point, and the easy part is now ticked off, but delighted to throw it out there that Deano's been offered a 3 year full time contract starting this summer, which he hasn't had to think long and hard about accepting. The whole family are bursting with pride obviously and look forward to seeing where things go now. It was an indescribable feeling for me when it was given to him, so i can only imagine how he must have been feeling. He was, for the first time in his life, genuinely lost for words. Apart fae fan he couldn't speak, obviously.

I've never had to think about it before, and he's still a mile away, but he could potentially be sharing a dressing room with some boys I've praised, and others I've ripped into in the past on here, so feel it's only right not to comment on such things from now on in.

Good luck son, and to any of the other lads that will inevitably be taken on too.

Excellent news min.

Chuffed for your loon.

He's living the dream most of us have had.

Nice one! Congratulations to Dean - dream come true no doubt.

I just found that out from our mutual friend and was coming on to congratulate you and Deano of course. Absolutely brilliant news. He's such a good lad and deserves it all.

:thumbup1::thumbup1:

Class both for him and you, following him everywhere. Brilliant news.

Ya dancer! Give a massive congrats to the loon and to you for getting him stuck in!

Ill decide who is a happy clapper or not, thank you very much.

:happy::applause:

:trophy: Brilliant!

Living the dream for you both ?

Congratulations

Hopefully you do à Ryan Christie's old man routine and make sure he never signs for the new huns or the tims.

Good news. Seems like we've followed his progress on here for far longer than it likely was.

Must be an amazing feeling.

Raises a good point. What would you tell your loon if either arse cheek came in for him, Ollie?

Great news Ollie. Did wonder when the day would come and you'd have to stop slating players on here :laughing:

Cheers for all the above, it's very much appreciated.

@@RAZOR - Not sure who was more excited between dean and L

@@robbojunior - I was like a racing snake once upon a time, as well you know

@@Tord31 - not sure to be honest. I think 2 years may be the norm, but i do know of one or two others offered 3 in the past.

@@BWG - will never happen

I know you won't be commenting on individuals anymore, but would still hope you'll be posting in this thread.

Seems weird to remember you first mentioning him playing at half time years ago, and here we are. Let us know how he is getting on :thumbup1: