Do You Like Drinking?

terenceandphilip

Nothing worse than the heebie jeebies. How come when you are going through them you swear never to drink again? The only way to put them off is with more drink - the thing to do is come off your big sesh with a mild night of four or five drinks, one or two the next day, and then to none = no HJs.

Shit sleep, good job for History channel to assist in my fidgeting state, and then when I did get to sleep, must of woke every 45 minutes for a pish as my body cleanses itself.

I was in full on panic attack coming back from Krakow once. Sitting on the plane sweating like I had a suey vest on swaying back and fore. Wasn't even the worst I've been drinking wise, unfortunately for me a spontaneous bout of sleep had meant I had sobered up. It's not right to be herded into a confined space near Krakow with crying children, I've read about it.

Sorry because I didn't want you to think i was being a cunt, cos you come across as a good guy.

Just surprised that someone can remember buying a carpet 6/7 years ago, it takes me all my time to remember who I'm logged in as...

Yes it was a result of spewing all over the old one and not bothering to clean it up til the morning, highly topical. I don't quite have the memory of a gold fish, but I can remember that.

Scotland has become the first country in Europe to prescribe a new drug which reduces cravings for alcohol.

Nalmefene has been given the go-ahead by the Scottish Medicines Consortium (SMC), which approves drugs for use on the NHS.
It is designed for people who are heavy drinkers but not the most severely-dependent alcoholics.
The SMC said it should only be prescribed alongside psychological support.
In trials, men who normally drank eight units of alcohol a day and women who drank six a day reduced their consumption by half over a six-month period when they took nalmefene.
It comes in the form of a pill which is designed to be taken before drinking, not necessarily every day. Nalmefene costs £3 per tablet.
It reduces the release of dopamine in the brain, lessening the "buzz" or reward sensation associated with alcohol.
Prof Jonathan Chick, consultant psychiatrist at Queen Margaret University Hospital Edinburgh, said: "I am pleased that Scottish patients will have access to nalmefene, which represents a new option for treating some people with alcohol dependence by helping them to cut down their drinking when they may not be ready, or have no medical need, to give up alcohol altogether.
"This may help us to engage the many alcohol-dependent patients that we know are not currently receiving help."
Scotland has the highest alcohol-related death rate in the UK. The rates in Scottish men are double that of the rest of the UK.
The SMC said nalmefene was licensed for the reduction of alcohol consumption "in adult patients with alcohol dependence without physical withdrawal symptoms and who do not require immediate detoxification".
The World Health Organization (WHO) classifies drinking risk levels (DRLs) into low, medium, high and very high, where high risk equates to about seven and a half units of alcohol per day for men and five units per day for women.
The consortium said: "Nalmefene should only be prescribed in conjunction with continuous psychosocial support focused on treatment adherence and reducing alcohol consumption.
"Nalmefene should be initiated only in patients who continue to have a high DRL two weeks after initial assessment."
Prof Chick added: "The range of people who put themselves at risk through their drinking is quite wide. Some have not met social problems and are functioning well until they develop an alcohol-related physical illness such as high blood pressure, cancer or liver disease; while others lose their social supports and then tend to fit the stereotype of the 'alcoholic'.
"Reducing alcohol consumption can prevent these social and physical damages developing, but the changes in the brain of the dependent drinker may make that difficult and help is needed."

Thoughts? Good Christmas present for Bluto?

I was in full on panic attack coming back from Krakow once. Sitting on the plane sweating like I had a suey vest on swaying back and fore. Wasn't even the worst I've been drinking wise, unfortunately for me a spontaneous bout of sleep had meant I had sobered up. It's not right to be herded into a confined space near Krakow with crying children, I've read about it.

I've drank fuck all bar green tea for the past 6 weeks and I don't miss feeling rougher than a badgers arse in the mornings.

The worst dreams I had was after a long weekend in Barca, fuck I was feart to close my een as I kept dreaming about Auld Nick. Then the wife woke me up screamin like a demon when she found Johnnies in my holdall. I nearly shat the bed.

That’s me 4 weeks of the booze and i feel great......and absolutely dying for a beer!

Finding out the missus were keith cheggers kinda made me go off on one for a few weeks! 3 weekends in a row I tried to pish/shit /spew in a room that was not the toilet so with her not needing this sort of hassle in the middle of the night I made the concise decision to lay off it for a few weeks. I’ve been working every weekend so not really missed it but I’m definitely having a few this weekend as I’m off fri /sat but as I’ve been off it I’m a bit apprehensive that my performance will be once again questioned.

Haha, indeed - good company but bunch of butes as you state.

Good to see another sound cunt posting on here though, been tough carrying this forum for so long myself.

dingwall mustve been like an week long insurance seminar; but good to see you, DT and Redstar butched it out.

Yep, vast majority of guests were from Larkhall which is full of Huns/minkers.

There was heckling during the ceremony "Goan yersel Davie boy" etc, it was hellish.

I attended a similar wedding where the groom's side were from Pollok.

Similar results.

The best man's speech resulted in "the bouncy" starting at the back of the hall.

A grown man actually had chicken nuggets for dinner.

Jesus wept.

At my wedding last year, during my Grooms speech, I made sure to mock the huns about their skanky team being liquidated.

There were howls of outrage from some of my wives Orcish relatives. They already had to sit through a Catholic wedding ceremony, and now this. Their dinner must have been like ashes in their mouths. Top Of The Pops!

I had also identified myself as an Aberdeen fan and, later on when they were clearing the tables, the lassie who was in charge of the establishment came up and wispered in my ear that she was an Aberdeen fan too and that my speech had been absolutely excellent.

The speech was definitely one of my highlights.

I attended a similar wedding where the groom's side were from Pollok.

Similar results.

The best man's speech resulted in "the bouncy" starting at the back of the hall.

A grown man actually had chicken nuggets for dinner.

Jesus wept.

Haha! Did he make a special request or were chicken nuggets available on the menu?