Out Of Contract

Still hope one or both will sign on but clear it'll drag into next year to let the two of them have a look at the market.

I'd be surprised if Shinnie has many suitors willing to offer him significantly more than us

GMS will pick up a squad place at a weaker championship side relatively easily - will struggle to hold down a place in that 'up and at um' league though

GMS has had a bit of a strange career. Never made any appearances until he was 21 after spells at Liverpool and Fulham after which he had to sign for Airdrie before getting his move to Dundee United six months later.

Decent spell at Dundee United followed by a couple of years on the fringes at Celtic.

Slow start with us then decent but inconsistent form for the last 9 months or so.

He could do worse than extend his deal with us.

Will be disappointed if Shinnie leaves on a bosman. If he's that good he should do a Jonathan Hayes and sign a new deal, then a club will pay for him.

I hear you but I think the difference is that there will be less clubs interested in paying a fee for Shinnie than Hayes who was in brilliant form at the time and a real game changer rather than a workmanlike midfielder.

What's happening with Campbell? Is he featuring regularly for the young team?

He seems to be in that awkward position of being considered to good for reserves but not good enough for first team? I think there was a game where Gleeson got injured in warm up and he then moved onto the bench.  He didn't play v Inverurie last week but I am not sure if he was eligible or not?

He seems to be in that awkward position of being considered to good for reserves but not good enough for first team? I think there was a game where Gleeson got injured in warm up and he then moved onto the bench.  He didn't play v Inverurie last week but I am not sure if he was eligible or not?

The weirdest thing about that was the junkie Forrester who the club paid money for still wasn't considered good enough for the squad.

I thought Shinnie already had an offer on the table from us and has done for a while now?

Yeah, I think Shinnie and McInnes both touched on this at one of those DNA lecture things. Remember Shinnie saying something like it would take something special for him to give up what he has here. But McInnes himself did note how they just compete with clubs in England financially. So I dunno.

I thought Shinnie already had an offer on the table from us

Was in EE last week where DM said Considine would be here if he wants to be that they had made offer to Shinnie to make him one of the highest paid and no formal talks had been held with GMS. At DNA Q&A with DM, Doc and Shinnie they covered wanting Shinnie to stay

What reason would there have been no formal talks with Mackay-Steven? Did they say to his agent 'is there even any point in asking?' and they've gone 'nah, we're definitely away'?

AFC: "Gary, want to sit down and talk about a contract?"

GMS: "Not right now, want to see what my options are in January"

AFC: "Nae bother"

Same with Shinnie. Totally fair for them to let their agent test the market in January and see what they're worth. Would be daft not to frankly.

What reason would there have been no formal talks with Mackay-Steven? Did they say to his agent 'is there even any point in asking?' and they've gone 'nah, we're definitely away'?

Had a quick look and article was on 8th Nov. All quotes from DM are about Considine and article goes on to mention other 2 where it says "It is understood" formal talks haven't started so given some other crap that EE print they could be speaking shite

No wonder you are worried.

Forresteriesta would be a fairly tragic hat username. :laughing:

Maybe Tansey will come good for you ...

haha.

Nah fuck Tansey.

If Shinnie leaves i'll just change my username to "Mayadona". The man himself says he's about to come good.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/the-goals-will-come-i-just-need-a-bit-of-luck-to-go-my-way/amp/

• 3 weeks later...