Leighton Sacked

I called that one first tbf and got accused of fishing.

I'd not be averse to Clangers being goalkeeping coach if it meant he never graced the No.1 top at Pittodrie. He might even be an ok coach, it seems that the best coaches were average / shit players anyways.

Doesn't seem to be any quotes from McInnes that suggest it'll go to Langfield.

Agree that sometimes the best coaches weren't great players (the England goalkeeping coach Dave Watson comes to mind) but Langfield has had how long with Leighton? You would imagine their techniques are likely to be very similar as a result. Unless Clangers has spent ten years thinking, "This could be done so much better."

Binning Leighton and Langfield 'promoted' to keeper/coach on a trial basis sounds like a decent use of the budget in the short term.

There is no way Derek will "promote" TFWTG to Goalkeeping Coach...the old adage... that if you can't do it teach it is entirely inappropriate when dealing with a dullard like Langfield...

Binning Leighton and Langfield 'promoted' to keeper/coach on a trial basis sounds like a decent use of the budget in the short term.

That's my view of it also. He gets to see out his contract & pretend he's 'teaching' other keepers.

Token job offer before binning next year.

• Site Sponsor

Jim Leighton himself is telling friends that he suspects that Gordon Marshall is already lined up for 'his' job. Apparently Marshall worked with MacInnes, Docherty, Sheeerin, & Kirk at St. Johnstone and quit his job at Motherwell on Saturday.

His Old Boy played for us for a short spell.