Josh Parker

Logan was different as that was a loan until the end of the season, he was then out of contract.

Hector is a good shout, although I believe we did try to keep him but Reading said no?

I'm thinking along the lines of Vujadinovic, Nick Blackman etc

I'm pretty sure Hector had 6 months left when he came here too, but he played so well he got a new deal at Reading.

Blackman was different because he was until the end of the season after doing well in the first half of the season at Motherwell.

I wouldn't read too much into a deal being six months. It makes sense as an arrangement to see if it is a good fit for the club and player. If McInnes has tracked this guy for a few years and has brought him to the club, having pursued him at St. Johnstone, then he must feel he is a capable player.

We used to chase players for years in the past and they've turned out to be not great.

If we're chasing after players that St Johnstone liked 5 years ago and they've not gone on to do much then I think it's fair to question the signing.

I want to be wrong and would admit so, like I did with the appointment of McInnes.

• Upvote 1

We used to chase players for years in the past and they've turned out to be not great.

If we're chasing after players that St Johnstone liked 5 years ago and they've not gone on to do much then I think it's fair to question the signing.

I want to be wrong and would admit so, like I did with the appointment of McInnes and ridiculing the 4-4-2 formation.

Fair play lad.

Personally I think it's a positive signing.

Given length of deal it looks like if we want him we sign him permanently in January

Or he's a relatively unknown that we're giving 6 months to prove himself. We can't afford to have deadwood on the wage books dragging us down for any lengthy period of time.

Don't think this is a bad move at all. In the few games Shankland has had in the first team, I don't think he is ready yet to start for us. Put him out on loan at St Mirren and we have replaced him with a loan move for Parker. Hopefully a win win situation if both players do well, if not, then nothing lost getting rid of Parker in January. Hope DM will sign another player in the window though.

It will be good to have some pace upfront as both Rooney and Goodwillie lack pace. Will help when counter attacking teams and killing them off when we go 1 - 0.

I will make my mind up when I see him. He has 6 month to make an impact. Hopefully get 10 minutes or so at the weekend.

Welcome to the famous Aberdeen