Snap General Election Announced Today

vanderark14

In 2014 the SNP proposed a referendum on Scottish independence that forced the population of Scotland to think long and hard about the constitution of the UK, Scotlands role within it and its place in the world.

Stupid people don't like to think long and hard, I suspect it causes them physical pain.

They just want it all to go away.

this is the feeling I got from most people I know in the north east, they don't want another referendum so they voted in the tories. The north east voted NO before so I guess it was the next logical step for them.

I'm amazed at the utter retardation of most of the NE then again we're so thoroughly infested with selfish brain dead fuckers it shouldn't be a surprise any more.

I sometimes wonder if the over 50s largely vote Tory on the bitter reasoning of "I'm gonna be dead soon, so I'm gonna take all you fuckers down with me" cos it makes no sense otherwise voting for a party that shits on the old, poor, and vulnerable.

• Upvote 1

I'm amazed at the utter retardation of most of the NE then again we're so thoroughly infested with selfish brain dead fuckers it shouldn't be a surprise any more.

I sometimes wonder if the over 50s largely vote Tory on the bitter reasoning of "I'm gonna be dead soon, so I'm gonna take all you fuckers down with me" cos it makes no sense otherwise voting for a party that shits on the old, poor, and vulnerable.

Going by the idiots that voted tory I spoke to yesterday they didnt think about tory policies, all they thought about was stopping another referendum.

Why do Scottish people hate the snp?

Have they been that bad?

If you took this football forum as a representation of Aberdeen, the city would be a few safe seats for the SNP and would have voted 100% for independence.

A few members of this football forum are clearly hiding where their allegiances lie.

If you took this football forum as a representation of Aberdeen, the city be a few safe seats for the SNP and would have voted 100% for independence.

A few members of this football forum are clearly hiding where their allegiances lie.

Agreed, there's one boy who claims to support Middleborough! megaLOL

Tactical.

Labour had no chance of winning the seat or were at least seen to have no chance.

True but in eg Gordon in 2015 GE salmond's closest rival was a lib dem tories were about 20k votes behind. Logical choice if you don't like salmond or snp or Indy ref 2 is surely vote for closest challenger assuming of course you aren't a Tory in which case it was probably acceptable to vote conservative.

I don't get the mass migration of votes to a party with policies completely different to the one u normally vote for. Lib dem: 1% extra on income tax at each level to fund public services. Tories: cut corp tax, cgt, iht and raise high rate threshold and public services can get to fuck.

Also, what makes it even worse is that some people who voted snp last time will have switched to Tory and that just beggars belief.

In moray too you had a candidate/ sitting mp that is widely regarded as being a great politician, is widely respected and constantly takes tories to task and again a large number of lib dem and snp voters pissed on their chips simply because they didn't want another independence referendum. Mental and annoying in equal measures. A few less in Scotland (or anywhere obviously but other than in the borders the tories were not really expecting to win any other seats up here) and May couldn't have been bailed out by the loyalist nut jobs.

Interesting comments above. All I'll add to it is the following:

The DUP are not, as some of you claim, Irish Tories (the Republic's current ruling party Fine Gael fit that mould). They are in fact the political wing of the Orange Order and sit to the right of UKIP. This is not my personal opinion, that is indeed their true stance - they lie somewhere between Britain First and the BNP and I speak with first hand knowledge, as my wife is from Co. Antrim, their heartlands.

This threatens to destabilise NI, as they will hold the Tories over a barrel. While they want to avoid "hard Brexit" for economic reasons, they may agree to abolish Stormont and return direct WM rule, which would spark outrage among the other NI parties. Make no mistake, this is a truly horrendous turn of events and if Butch Davidson continues to work with them, it shows her hypocrisy and desperation and "Union no matter what" mentality. True hunnery.

As for the NE turning blue, it seems turkeys do indeed vote for Xmas. How my fellow people could vote for a party who have squandered 100's of Billions in oil wealth, see our roads and infrastructure stuck in the 1980's, claim "broad shoulders" but then see the oil industry collapse, cancel the carbon capture project in Peterhead, sell out our fishing industry, see food banks multiply (despite the region's wealth) and now walk us off a cliff with their mishandling of Brexit.... seriously, if Maggie May can't even debate with the neo-commie Corbyn, how do you expect her to face Merkel and the other EU leaders in what will be tough negotiations??

The SNP are far from perfect (despite being pro-indy, I have little time for Krankie McMerkel and her EU-philia) but if moderate Unionists have to resort to voting for the above, just to save the Union... then what does that say about the Union they are trying to save? Why did the 3 main Unionist parties campaign on a platform virtually devoid of any vision or positive case for the Union and on one single issue a la UKIP? Is this the kind of country you want your kids and grandkids to grow up in and inherit?

• Upvote 2

Can't believe she has sent a team of folk to Belfast to try and get an official coalition. So much for just using them as backing . The conservatives are receding at a hell of rate, except on Scotland oddly. They called a referendum that they didn't really want and lost, they lost their PM, they have now had an election to strengthen their position and didn't achieve that either. And This shite with the DUP will blow up in her and the parties face. I look forward to her demise !!

Just to add, her advisor and chief of staff have both resigned as well !

Can't believe she has sent a team of folk to Belfast to try and get an official coalition. So much for just using them as backing . The conservatives are receding at a hell of rate, except on Scotland oddly. They called a referendum that they didn't really want and lost, they lost their PM, they have now had an election to strengthen their position and didn't achieve that either. And This shite with the DUP will blow up in her and the parties face. I look forward to her demise !!

Just to add, her advisor and chief of staff have both resigned as well !

Resigned to save her having to fire them as her colleagues were apparently demanding she rids herself of this small clique that she always goes to for decision making.

Resigned to save her having to fire them as her colleagues were apparently demanding she rids herself of this small clique that she always goes to for decision making.

Definitely the correct decision, but can't help feel it won't be long until she follows them out the door too. I hate the woman, but no doubt BoJo would then stand a good chance at PM and he is more of a bloody buffoon!!

Some interesting stuff in here

http://www.thenational.scot/news/15339855.What_went_wrong__Party_insiders_tell_why_they_think_the_SNP_lost_21_seats/?ref=mrb&lp=1

There were criticisms on the doorsteps over local services and our domestic record

and

Scotland is not one place,” one candidate said. “Scotland is not Glasgow, nor the central belt. It’s many different places, with many different demographics and political realities.

were fairly salient points

Translated - Tory Voter.

He will deny it, most do, as they are too ashamed to admit it.

Not denying it, why should I. I earn good money and don't want my money taken by high taxes. I of course voted for the Progressive Conservative party in Canada as I am non resident and unable to vote in the UK. In case you were wondering, I also went to a private school and want to see them continue as they take up 7% of all school children therefore it takes them out of the state school system which must be good in lowering class sizes and costs.

Not denying it, why should I. I earn good money and don't want my money taken by high taxes. I of course voted for the Progressive Conservative party in Canada as I am non resident and unable to vote in the UK. In case you were wondering, I also went to a private school and want to see them continue as they take up 7% of all school children therefore it takes them out of the state school system which must be good in lowering class sizes and costs.

That post sums up very succinctly exactly why I dislike tories and their typical voters: selfish, elitist and arrogant. Perhaps rather than wanting to keep as much as possible of your good money you earn you might consider that the tax increase proposed would benefit public services and ensure a better standard of living for many many people.

Out of interest what tax rates do u think are fair ?

And, re private schools I think they produce an abnormally high percentage of stuck up wanks with no idea of life outside their middle class bubbles. The proposal in the U.K. Was for private schools to pay vat on their income, in my opinion a perfectly reasonable request as their pseudo charity status is quite clearly a crock of shit.

• Upvote 1

That post sums up very succinctly exactly why I dislike tories and their typical voters: selfish, elitist and arrogant. Perhaps rather than wanting to keep as much as possible of your good money you earn you might consider that the tax increase proposed would benefit public services and ensure a better standard of living for many many people.

And, re private schools I think they produce an abnormally high percentage of stuck up wanks with no idea of life outside their middle class bubbles. The proposal in the U.K. Was for private schools to pay vat on their income, in my opinion a perfectly reasonable request as their pseudo charity status is quite clearly a crock of shit.

Very clearly.

Clearly, then you are a lower class of degenerate who likely has no idea what it actually means to work hard for a living. As a matter of fact I paid well over $300,000 in taxes last year which is likely far more than you even earned so don't go on about my taxes.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

Clearly, then you are a lower class of degenerate who likely has no idea what it actually means to work hard for a living. As a matter of fact I paid well over $300,000 in taxes last year which is likely far more than you even earned so don't go on about my taxes.

Just cause someone doesn't earn as much as you doesn't mean they don't work as hard as you do

• Upvote 2

I'm glad that that 7% of school children are out of the state school system, lowering class sizes and self-teaching without any input from teachers...

Wait a minute, the teacher to pupil ratio in private schools is actually 9:1. So I am sure you can work out that in fact they are increasing class sizes in the state school system, due to taking a greater proportion of teaching staff.

:rolleyes:

Little boys with their big claims.

online claim

efb.jpg

Reality

rh5ug3.jpg

• Upvote 1

not really

not all teachers are good enough to teach in private schools?

I would assume that through selection process and likely better remuneration packages, private schools should attract better teachers.

But when teachers are a finite resource that we as a country do not churn out enough to meet demand, then Crashnyploshnit's point is incorrect. They take a higher percentage of teaching staff than they do pupils, therefore they are not helping class sizes in public schools.

I'm not particularly bothered, but I'm nae going to have someone saying that people going to public school helps out those who go to state schools. It creates a two-tier education system where only those that can afford it can get the best education (and perhaps a small selection of poorer smart pupils, who get in through bursaries etc).

What a massive cunt

• Upvote 3

seems like you have a complex there min

I think private school have their place in society.

As for the middle class bubble I suspect most middle class families sacrifice quite a lot to be able to pay the 12k plus (?)a year to go to school.

The super rich of course will no prob paying that.

No they shouldn't pay vat.

This is education, albeit private education. But as I said above many make it their priority to send kids there. And many get in on bursaries.

classic

instead of trying to better yourself by matching him and doing as well as he has you instead try to discredit him and call him a liar

strange as its very similar to what a lot on here do re "rangers" and celtic - ie accuse bias as being the reason they do better than us

Boasting about your bank balance is the preserve of the insecure and the young. (and sometimes the fishing)

People that are secure in themselves dont need to boast about how much money they make to strangers online.

In most cases, those that boast about how much they earn usually earn very little compared to those they are boasting to.

You may think you've 'made it' earning £45k a year and getting your company car. There are people on this board that make that in 3 months MT.

He may think he's made it by claiming he earns $700k Canadian a year, that doesnt give him the right to call you a degenerate for only earning £45K does it?

seems like you have a complex there min

I think private school have their place in society.

As for the middle class bubble I suspect most middle class families sacrifice quite a lot to be able to pay the 12k plus (?)a year to go to school.

The super rich of course will no prob paying that.

No they shouldn't pay vat.

This is education, albeit private education. But as I said above many make it their priority to send kids there. And many get in on bursaries.

If companies that provide tutoring outside school hours have to pay VAT why shouldnt private schools?

They are providing the same service at the end of the day. The only difference is that one educates those that end up setting the tax rules and the other educated those that end up paying all the tax.

The bursary awards are a little weird min, one school offers them to children of grocers, another to single parents that are members of the Church of England. One school in the Isle of Mann offers them to children if their parent is a pub landlord or they show skills in fencing and one in Dundee gives it to children that play the bagpipes.