Scott Wright

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

I agree with you that Wright can play. I was furious that he got played so little by McInnes in his first few years. I worry that he's not physically robust enough but he's bigger than Gordon Strachan and that's the example he should be encouraged, inspired and motivated to follow. He'll not be as good as him of course but if he could watch videos of how it's possible for wee men (like John McGinn, Billy Bremner etc. etc. ) to compete physically with much bigger footballing opponents, he could be VERY good. It's not a discussion I get involved in as most of the opinions that have been spouted about him are pure ignorant shit.

For me, it's Wright's heart that I always questioned.  Physically, I think he's more than capable of competing.  However, very often over the years, he's just not looked like he fancies the physical side of things, or the confrontation.  I watched several games where a few early reducers have seen him retreating into his shell.  It's old fashioned and crude - but I've seen a number of teams having success nullifying Wright with this approach.

Another cliche... while Wright has loads of ability, but I wouldn't want him next to me in the trenches! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Financially if swap deal with the bastrard  Hun at no cost to us could be done push it through  i would say 

He will land up a bench warmer at best and then fade away  on loan so where  never to be heard off again 

Could be big wages for the boy at least for a while 

He might surprise us and hang out for smaller club down south

He has every right to move on but sooner the better please

I suppose we have invested in him for several years now but he has never really  cut it ....so no great lost

I couldn't give a shit if he joins the bastrard  Hun if that want he wants

He has every right to move to anyone but Rangers. 

I know folk who know him and he is a supposed Dandy. If that's the case, and he isn't a turncoat bastard, he'll do the right thing and move to England or sign the deal. 

The club offered him a deal when he was a fringe player, not making squads etc and had done his cruciate. I don't think the club had an obligation to do so. 

For him to now turn around and potentially join Rangers, to be squad filler, and to make up numbers for their Scottish players in the European squads, would be shite. 

Aside from all the rivalry this that and the next thing, if we lost him and replaced him with any of Barker, Jones or (god forbid) Greg Stewart, it would be a downgrade, considering most of those players haven't played regularly for about 18-24 months. Jones especially is an unapologetic, Uber hun bastard. Would be gads to see him pull on a Dons shirt. 

Obviously nothing has happened yet, and we'll wait and see. I don't doubt though, AFC will come out of this scenario worse off. 

As many have said the injury history and number of first team starts for his age, makes the hun interest quite baffling.

I don’t dispute the talent, but the lack of consistency tends to over shadow the occasional glimpses that we see.

It looks to me as if the huns think they are going to weaken us, at very little cost to them, rather than getting a player who will improve them.

IMHO, I’m not sure how much it will weaken us.

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

He has every right to move to anyone but Rangers. 

I know folk who know him and he is a supposed Dandy. If that's the case, and he isn't a turncoat bastard, he'll do the right thing and move to England or sign the deal. 

The club offered him a deal when he was a fringe player, not making squads etc and had done his cruciate. I don't think the club had an obligation to do so. 

For him to now turn around and potentially join Rangers, to be squad filler, and to make up numbers for their Scottish players in the European squads, would be shite. 

Aside from all the rivalry this that and the next thing, if we lost him and replaced him with any of Barker, Jones or (god forbid) Greg Stewart, it would be a downgrade, considering most of those players haven't played regularly for about 18-24 months. Jones especially is an unapologetic, Uber hun bastard. Would be gads to see him pull on a Dons shirt. 

Obviously nothing has happened yet, and we'll wait and see. I don't doubt though, AFC will come out of this scenario worse off. 

You're getting yourself worked up over nothing here, consi

5 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

You're getting yourself worked up over nothing here, consi

Haha aye. 

Wait and see what happens. Just with the way things are at the moment, always expect the worst! 

I think Barker, Jones & Stewart should be examples of why Wright would be wasting his career going to the Huns. Look at Mccrorie for another example and I rate Mccrorie higher than any of the previous 4. Like Stewart if they want him he will get a 2 Year deal on a bit more salary we have offered and will barely play for 2 Years and then end up at St Johnstone or Ross County

3 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

I think Barker, Jones & Stewart should be examples of why Wright would be wasting his career going to the Huns. Look at Mccrorie for another example and I rate Mccrorie higher than any of the previous 4. Like Stewart if they want him he will get a 2 Year deal on a bit more salary we have offered and will barely play for 2 Years and then end up at St Johnstone or Ross County

He might even end up out on loan in the next window or the one after that.

But it's actually a good model, if they can afford it, you'd want the fillers in the squad to be motivated and enthusiastic so you can't keep Jones, Hastie, Edmundson, Stewart more than 2 years before turning them over. 

8 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

Greg Stewart might actually fit our wing back system better than how he was used last time he was here. 

Yes I remember thinking There’s a player that’s really really willing to do the hard miles and track back repeatedly.

you’re correct in that he would suit should we choose to cross the halfway line and actually attack teams, but defensive qualities....nah.

his only effective role was that floating 10 once MacLean decided to drop deeper.

An Aberdeen supporter of my generation would never have joined der Hun (except if your name is Davie Robertson)

Times have changed though and the money even for bang average players has gone through the roof in the past 20 years.

Wright is probably looking at things pragmatically. It's a short career anyway and he has had his knee rebuilt aged 22 which kept him out for a year. He will know what his surgeon has advised as regards his future career, the chances of recurrence, the chances of developing osteoarthrosis etc. Many players go on until they're 37 or even older nowadays but Wright will be doing well to still be playing by the time he's 33.

Like it or not, no matter how they are funding themselves.....sevco can blow us out the water wages wise. They can bung him money that would make him our top earner at the drop of a hat. £7k/week is nothing to them (until the whole house of cards falls down 20 years down the line a la oldco)...if Wright can get them to that (and Greg Stewart has so there's no reason why Wright can't)......a three or 4 year contract including their win bonuses on top makes him a millionaire. For sure he will be a bit part player, but with a knee held together with meccano, that's probably no bad thing. He will pick up a trophy or or 3 along the way as a bonus.

I'll hate it if/when he signs on but sadly I'll understand completely why. Won't stop me hoping someone breaks his leg each time he faces us though.

50 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Yes I remember thinking There’s a player that’s really really willing to do the hard miles and track back repeatedly.

you’re correct in that he would suit should we choose to cross the halfway line and actually attack teams, but defensive qualities....nah.

his only effective role was that floating 10 once MacLean decided to drop deeper.

1 hour ago, Andy_123 said:

I’m not saying I want him back, but playing as 1 of the 2 behind the striker would suit him better that punting him out on the wing like we did last time. 

I didn’t mean play him as one of the wing backs. That would be nuts.

4 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Dereks determination to have two defensive midfielders in front of whatever variation of defence is fashionable this month (regardless of player suitability), plus the equal determination to play a front row forward up front means we don’t have space for a luxury floating player (see McGinn’s career for details).

No, not one of them would ever be a front row forward. Totally the wrong physiques

Cosgrove would be lock.

Main and Edmondson (now back in Leeds so might consider a switch to Rugby League) would either be number 8's or blind side flankers

Just now, DelMonte said:

I can’t believe some cunts are crying about SCOTT WRIGHT going to Rangers. He’s played about 4 good games in his career.

That’s surely not the point 

he has played 4 good games for us but was injured and could have been let go, instead he flings it back in our faces and correct he isn’t exactly a world beater.but to move to them!,we aren’t enamoured with quality one touch passing fast forward thinking players as it is 

3 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

I can’t believe some cunts are crying about SCOTT WRIGHT going to Rangers. He’s played about 4 good games in his career.

Don’t think it weakens us (at least not the way Derek plays us) and don’t think it particularly strengthens them.  On that basis not crying, no.

if anything it gives us an insight into how their Colts would work!

Guest milne_afc
8 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

The sanity of people getting worked up over it is questionable.

Scott Wright FFS