Scott Wright

4 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Exactly. 

Judging how players perform after they leave Aberdeen is too simplistic an argument. 

Who is to say that if they had been integrated into the team in a different way at a younger age they would not have gone on to better careers, either with us or somewhere else. 

I'd say that historically most players benefit from early first team activity, provided they are introduced in a structured way. 

Yes at the end of the day you've got to be good enough to make it but we've got to give them a wee bit more of a chance to succeed imo than we do currently. Stopping clogging up the first team squad with players who will rarely be used would be a good way to start. 

Absolutely spot on min, the latter part in particular?.

This is one of the main reasons performances dip and don't recover to the required standard, complacency appears in some players, and stagnation sets in, as certain players we have in our squad that have been signed over recent times are simply not good enough. 

4 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

He said that we are appreciative that sevco have chosen to do things in the right way.  Depends how you choose to interpret that

Derek McInnes came away with one of his expressions that he likes to use,' we appreciate that Rangers have chosen to come through the front door'. He could have chosen his all time favourite expression, 'there was a lot to like' about Rangers honest interest in Scott Wright .

13 minutes ago, pocrawred said:

Now on twitter. The glasgow times say a swap for McRorie on the cards....

https://mobile.twitter.com/GrahamSpiers/status/1349134240932311046/photo/1

Chris Jack saying it may be Greg Stewart coming back:
https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/spot/19005305.rangers-look-strike-january-deal-aberdeen-forward-scott-wright

At least @Dad will get a pop at shifting those GStew tshirts

52 minutes ago, Hoppy said:

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/spot/19005305.rangers-look-strike-january-deal-aberdeen-forward-scott-wright

Probably listening to the football phone in on Clyde1. The pundits there (Roger hannah was one, surprised he didnt realise this) had no idea that we would be due a training fee for Wright if he went to sevco. Hannah reckoned they could get him for about £50k right now and throw in a 6 month loan of either Jones or Stewart to sweeten the deal. Sweeten the deal? It's like offering us cyanide.

Re what the Evening Times wrote re the McCrorie potential swap.....I genuinely do believe that journos are looking in here and taking their opinions from what some of us think

On 1/11/2021 at 11:02 AM, Ten Caat said:

If it's sevco he goes to we are looking at a figure in the £300k range. Not a fortune but far more than most of us expected (about £300k more) than we did this time last year,

If he goes down south, or anywhere else outwith Scotland,  then it's hee haw we get. 

I have doubts they would offer that much or anything like it for a player out of contract in less than 5 months. Do they really need Scott Wright urgently? I doubt that too. They're running away with the league and will continue to do so without Wright.

f he goes now I suspect it may be for a more nominal fee of perhaps 100K at best. Perhaps even less. If the club don't accept they will simply pre-contract him and the club will get nothing.

1 hour ago, CalgaryDon said:

Benefits us.

Problem is they don't care any more about how it may benefit us than we care about anything that may benefit them. I don't see them paying anything but a nominal sum to take him in this window given he has less than 5 months left on his contract.

If the nominal sum isn't acceptable to the board they will simply pre-contract him. They have no urgent need to sign him now.

• Downvote 1
5 hours ago, Hoppy said:

Chris Jack is a Hun cunt the worstsport reporter ever

So far up Gerrards arse its untrue

Reckons a swap deal with Greg Stewart fucks sake.

If that was even considered by are club I would predict civil unrest  in Aberdeen 

Our Chairman and manager would be lynched 

6 hours ago, Lan_Lad said:

I have doubts they would offer that much or anything like it for a player out of contract in less than 5 months. Do they really need Scott Wright urgently? I doubt that too. They're running away with the league and will continue to do so without Wright.

f he goes now I suspect it may be for a more nominal fee of perhaps 100K at best. Perhaps even less. If the club don't accept they will simply pre-contract him and the club will get nothing.

You are totally wrong

He's 23. We would be due a fee for his development. Given that the fee we paid for Ferguson.....who was younger and at Hamilton so wouldn't have been earning as much...........was £250k.....we can expect a higher fee if he goes to sevco. Sevco themselves had to fork out £350k to Motherwell for Jake Hastie....this would more be in line with what we could expect

5 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

You are totally wrong

He's 23. We would be due a fee for his development. Given that the fee we paid for Ferguson.....who was younger and at Hamilton so wouldn't have been earning as much...........was £250k.....we can expect a higher fee if he goes to sevco. Sevco themselves had to fork out £350k to Motherwell for Jake Hastie....this would more be in line with what we could expect

He's 24 in August so will this not impact any potential development fee as they can just start his contract when he turns 24?

1 minute ago, RUL said:

He's 24 in August so will this not impact any potential development fee as they can just start his contract when he turns 24?

If this is the Avenue they went down, and Wright was privy to it, makes him even more of a little shitebag. 

3 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

If this is the Avenue they went down, and Wright was privy to it, makes him even more of a little shitebag. 

I just imagine it would impact us bringing in more than £350,000 as suggested in the post. Why would any club pay that when you can wait a month or so.