Scott Wright

2 hours ago, NEM said:

Daily Ranger reporting McInnes has confirmed the approach and is praising sevco for going about it in the correct manner ?

Granted it's that horrible rag so taken with a pinch of salt but if indeed true then that's a disgrace. Under no circumstances should that disgusting excuse of a club ever be praised in any capacity. Comical too considering the way they reacted to his rejection of them. 

The instant Wright were to sign a pre-contract with sevco his life would become unbearable in the city. He's lucky there are no crowds in or the pies would be flying at his napper from all angles. But he will know acutely what he's done and exactly why the support would suddenly hate him for life. His performances would be bound to suffer. If he is seeing out his contract then he cannot play for the club again.

But it would be far better for the loon to ship out instantly. There must be a deal to be done with sevco re McCrorie. Just let them both register immediately as players belonging to either club and wipe out the McCrorie debt in return for us foregoing Wright's training fee.

I also hope he takes on board Robertson's position who, 30 years down the line, still feels he cannot return to Aberdeen and likely never will

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Guest milne_afc
1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

The instant Wright were to sign a pre-contract with sevco his life would become unbearable in the city.

Myth.

The Dons support doesn’t have the same clout as it once did.

8 hours ago, Sheepo said:

I think Barker, Jones & Stewart should be examples of why Wright would be wasting his career going to the Huns. Look at Mccrorie for another example and I rate Mccrorie higher than any of the previous 4. Like Stewart if they want him he will get a 2 Year deal on a bit more salary we have offered and will barely play for 2 Years and then end up at St Johnstone or Ross County

Could add Jake Hastie to that list too. 

12 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

The instant Wright were to sign a pre-contract with sevco his life would become unbearable in the city. He's lucky there are no crowds in or the pies would be flying at his napper from all angles. But he will know acutely what he's done and exactly why the support would suddenly hate him for life. His performances would be bound to suffer. If he is seeing out his contract then he cannot play for the club again.

But it would be far better for the loon to ship out instantly. There must be a deal to be done with sevco re McCrorie. Just let them both register immediately as players belonging to either club and wipe out the McCrorie debt in return for us foregoing Wright's training fee.

I also hope he takes on board Robertson's position who, 30 years down the line, still feels he cannot return to Aberdeen and likely never will

Would prefer he moved back and got filled in regularly tbh ?

19 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Is that the same Robertson who lives in Cults ?

25 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I thought Robertson lived in Aberdeen. 

Anyway the main issue here, is that Rangers can sign our players at will. 

This one of the reasons why non old firm fans pleaded with their clubs not to let the scum back,  but they didn't listen.

An surprise surprise that disgusting institution is back at the top of the league lording it over the rest of us. Who'd have thought it. 

Big Dave is a positive guy, but Ive said it before, he is focusing his energy in the wrong areas, and is quite frankly fucking deluded if he thinks we can build a properly competitive team in the current Scottish football set up. 

It's the fucking league set up  you need to focus on Dave.  No amount of masterplans implemented at club level, whether is be ourselves, Hibs, hearts or whoever is going to work. 

But yeah Scott has to realise that there is a cost to most things, a ying and a yang. But most players/people ultimately will accept being persona non grata in Aberdeen to further their career and bank balance. 

It's true apathy reigns.

perhaps now is time for a new hostile Aberdeen fan militia to form. 

return the coffin to the main stand.

with the body of big hat Logan in it to signal intent on the virgin fanbase that endorse this mediocrity.

I'll start a Facebook page and whip up some support 

13 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Is that the same Robertson who lives in Cults ?

Tbh I havent read anything about him since he was living and managing somewhere in cowboy and injun country in the states when he said that. Presumed that was still his permanent base

I had heard he's now mingling with real Indians and it's on tv but I'd rather do a  week of shifts  in a hospital ward with an outbreak of norovirus than watch it

37 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Posted much the same four hours ago ref Wright/McCrorie only extra thing i put was get 20% sell as they will improve him and add value

2 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Jack grimmer was another that a barely recall didn’t get a chance and moved to Fulham 

He left for Fulham when he was 16 or 17, loads more money and he was never really close to the first team when he left.

I know a lad that went to school with him and he said the money he earned when he left for Fulham was life changing, he's now probably set up for life now. We never had a chance with that one.

5 minutes ago, Poodler said:

It's true apathy reigns.

perhaps now is time for a new hostile Aberdeen fan militia to form. 

return the coffin to the main stand.

with the body of big hat Logan in it to signal intent on the virgin fanbase that endorse this mediocrity.

I'll start a Facebook page and whip up some support 

That was cringey as fuck ?

47 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

When I watched the Indian football documentary, it looked like Robertson's house was somewhere on the South Deeside Road.

I could be wrong though.

• Upvote 1

Up until this season Wright was a show pony who soon faded in matches, and he did little at Dundee. But he looked good with Hedges, maybe because there was no crowd reaction when he put away a bad pass, or missed one of his several sitters this season. Never thought I would say we needed him, but he is one of very few players at Pittodrie who has real skill to entertain. (Look it up McInnes) 

Hopefully some Championship side will put in a better offer, too many ex Don Huns.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, shut up meg said:

When I watched the Indian football documentary, it looked like Robertson's house was somewhere on the South Deeside Road.

I could be wrong though.

Fair commute that. 

He also attends former player events like golf days. A real shame he feels welcome.