Scott Wright

4 minutes ago, RUL said:

I watched him play an u19 or U21 game v Germany where he was arguably the best player on the pitch. 

This hasn't happened for us but worth noting most of us probably thought Wright wasn't good enough. It's only at 23 that Wright has pushed on. 

I feel he wants to much time on the ball and isn't physical enough. 

Deano has stood out at every age group he's played. Easy to forget the step up to top level club games against experienced professionals is the biggest step any young player makes.

He's 19, he has time on his side but I do think going on loan to a good club and playing every week is what he needs now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

That's a classic moan about good players who keep the possession. You could say that about Iniesta.... and thats the final comparison I'll be making with Iniesta you'll be glad to hear

What a ludicrous analogy and completely wrong.

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Nobody is saying he's brilliant. I haven't heard a single person say that. I don't see him being mentioned amongst the names that will make us a lot of money in the future at this stage. 

He's 19 and trying to break into the team and hold down a first team place. 

Too early for folk to be writing him off yet.  Even if he develops into a steady first team player then that's fine.  He's already better than Ojo and we spent 150k on him. 

Nobody may be saying he’s brilliant but if you look at just about every single post where he’s mentioned it’s how good he is, his technical ability, how he just needs time, there’s a player in there etc etc. Someone just used Iniesta as some sort of bizarre comparison ffs. Maybe I’m totally wrong but I just do not see what others seem to be seeing. 

1 hour ago, thedandydon said:

The same Virtanen thats played 0 games for our first team? Bold assertion that unless you're part of the Arbroath coaching staff where he's currently on loan.

I don't think Dean gets judged any or less favourably than any other player nowadays. Gets criticised as much as any other if he's off his game but i think most fans realise he's still got a way to go yet to become a first team regular.

Im not sure if McInnes sees him as best suited to the holding midfield role which would explain why he doesn't make the lung-bursting runs or gets into positions to take pot shots at goal often

“Dean” absolutely does not get criticised as any other, that’s just outright nonsense. 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He's also had very few opportunities to have a run in a settled side. 

Generally comes in when the midfield and other parts of the team have been decimated. 

Then out again. 

Which is exactly the sort of opportunities he should be using to show what he can do. He’s had 30 odd appearances now, you would think that would be enough to see him put in some sort of decent performance.

We need a clear out this summer IMO and he should be either put out on loan or moved on.

18 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Nwakali wasn't given enough game time to show what he was capable of,  so, in that case yeah, I was wrong

Mckenna I said it would be closer to 3 than 10, I was right

Asymptomatic people (ie, healthy people) can't pass the virus on

Your go

You said we’d be lucky to get £1m for McKenna 

Then went running to the mods to get your posts deleted. ?

You’re still digging that hole with asymptomatic folk with COVID not being capable of passing it on? ?

56 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Nwakali wasn't given enough game time to show what he was capable of,  so, in that case yeah, I was wrong

Your go

He was fucking shite MT, you were also wrong on the other 2 points.

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Your go

You surely can’t be typing that with a straight face.

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

It does

You drew a line in the sand and said the players i said mcinnes improved, were 25 so we're irrelevant in counter to your saying mcinnes is at fault for Campbell not progressing 

Just admit when you were wrong- massive character failing not being able to

The point I was making at large was that they weren't 18/19 year old kids. So your comparison was off. 

I got their ages wrong by a couple years. But, my overall point still remained the same. 

Nothing to admit aside from getting the ages wrong lol. 

4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Fine

Mckenna was 19

He developed him pretty well?

He did develop him well once he was forced to play him. 

By all accounts he wanted rid of him before that, and had things went differently he wouldn't have even been at the club when he made his debut had things went differently. 

Campbell is someone he's stuck his neck out for, praised him relentlessly, played him in big games too. 

I think he was 20 going on 21 if not already 21 when he made his debut as well , Scott mckenna. 

3 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Wrong, again

He was 19

You're having a nightmare here, again

Just admit you were talking shite

Are you meaning his debut in 2014, or his first start in 2017? 

I hate the policy of favouring experienced journeyman type pros (people like Main who we know will never be good enough) over giving youngsters a chance, but to be fair to McInnes the bulk of the young players that haven’t been given a chance with us have proved to be not good enough after being moved on. Whether it has a negative impact on us attracting good young players is a different question though.

It’s total nonesense to say McInnes ever wanted rid of McKenna, when McInnes came in he promoted McKenna as a 16 year old and said he had high hopes for him, then after a couple of injuries still had belief in him and finally gave him his chance. You can criticise McInnes for a lot of things but not the development off McKenna.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
3 hours ago, Millertime said:

Your go

You certainly have the touch of Trump about you with posts like that. Say something often enough and it becomes true etc. Stop speaking shite.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1
4 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

What a ludicrous analogy and completely wrong.

Is it completely wrong?

You said he mostly passes sideways or backwards. All I did was take your words and say the same can be said of Iniesta. If you watched much Barca games him and Xavi played HUNNERS O sideways and backwards passes a game. 

was I comparing Deano with him?

I was not 

• Downvote 1

I’m not wanting to put Campbell down as I hope he is a great player but this is the Scottish league all the best players that have come out of this league have been top players by time of 19 and taking control of games. If he wants to progress he needs to step up and start controlling games and standing out. 

• Dildo 1
8 minutes ago, thurso said:

I’m not wanting to put Campbell down as I hope he is a great player but this is the Scottish league all the best players that have come out of this league have been top players by time of 19 and taking control of games. If he wants to progress he needs to step up and start controlling games and standing out. 

Scott Wright wasn't.....

Now sevco want him. If all goes to plan for him he might well end up with a league championship medal by the summer. 

Of course he could well choose Oxford......

29 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Scott Wright wasn't.....

Now sevco want him. If all goes to plan for him he might well end up with a league championship medal by the summer. 

Of course he could well choose Oxford......

Your right they do but im yet to work out why. Even my hun loving friends don’t know why they are trying to sign him. 

5 hours ago, Millertime said:

Your go

Asymptomatic people CAN pass the infection to others, hence why this pandemic has to be taken more seriously by the covidiot brigade.

Now that the cops have realised that the "engage, explain and encourage" approach ain't working with some folk would appear to highlight how serious the situation has gotten. 

More testing required to flush out more of the asymptomatic cases before they have opportunity to infect others.

Ps Wright can get to feck. He will not make it at a "higher" level, too light weight. Peter Pawlett Mk 2 all day long.

53 minutes ago, thurso said:

What on earth

top players and taking control of games by the time they are 19? Like who? 

18 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

What on earth

top players and taking control of games by the time they are 19? Like who? 

In our league I’d say eion jess, Barry Ferguson, Andy Robertson had a great year at that age, keiren tierney, Ryan Fraser stood out a mile when ever I seen him play for us, Lewis Ferguson isn’t much older been one of our main midfielders since he joined at 19 to name a few could probably think of more but it’s getting late. Craig Gordon was Brilliant at 19 he’s a goalie so didn’t really control games but was still a stand out 

Could counteract your theory by naming

Jamie Vardy...still playing non-league football aged 25

Declan Gallagher......mainly playing in the Championship/Scottish Prison league until he was 27

Didier Drogba.....didnt even turn professional till he was 21

Rickie Lambert....played EFL football until he was 27

23 minutes ago, thurso said:

In our league I’d say eion jess, Barry Ferguson, Andy Robertson had a great year at that age, keiren tierney, Ryan Fraser stood out a mile when ever I seen him play for us, Lewis Ferguson isn’t much older been one of our main midfielders since he joined at 19 to name a few could probably think of more but it’s getting late. Craig Gordon was Brilliant at 19 he’s a goalie so didn’t really control games but was still a stand out 

A handful of players shone at 19 then? Nae exactly all the top players like you said earlier

3 hours ago, Proud Dandy said:

You certainly have the touch of Trump about you with posts like that. Say something often enough and it becomes true etc. Stop speaking shite.

Sometimes I do actually imagine MT shouting out some of his posts/statements in a Trump-esque fashion!

The COVID situation, where a huge number of cases are known to be asymptomatic (particularly in younger people), has been a major talking point.  The implications are discussed in the media almost daily.  It amazes me that MT has been sitting at home, or reading the paper and completely misunderstanding all this, all this time!  No wonder there is such confusion within the general public!