Scott Wright

1 minute ago, RUL said:

He's 24 in August so will this not impact any potential development fee as they can just start his contract when he turns 24?

Late August....and I'm not sure about that. But it's well quoted that they want him in now. 

However if they could avoid the by doing that........he would have to do his pre=season training with them as a free agent, unregistered. I suppose they could also play him as a trialist in pre-season games. But as he wouldn't be their player.......and bear in mind his injury history.......I think the player himself might not be too keen on this as if his knee got fucked again, sevco aren't going to take responsibility and might just call the whole transfer off. Pre-contracts aren't totally watertight....I'm sure they's face some penalty from the player but its just a scenario I dont think will happen

1 minute ago, pocrawred said:

^^^ I stand corrected, but he has passed his 23rd birthday. What I read a few days ago was if they passed their 23rd birthday the club would not receive a development fee. Maybe another countries rule. I will try find it again...

It's 23 for cross border transfers. 24 for those that sign for another club in their own country

The debate is....and no one seems sure. Does the cut off point start on the date of their 24th birthday or does it just mean 24 as in not 25?

3 minutes ago, Millertime said:

What?

Mclean,  shinnie and Jack managed it,  so if Campbell doesn't why would it be mcinnes fault?

All those players were in their 20's when they started to work with McInnes. 

Campbell won't make it because he's not good enough, let's games pass him by and offers nothing to the team that someone else can't do. 

I hope he proves me wrong as well, because he's a proper Aberdeen fan. Maybe he'll improve dramatically sometime soon, but at the moment, I'm not sure what it is he does. 

57 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Campbell still has time on his side. I'm perplexed as to why he wasn't loaned out in August as it was obvious he would be way down the list for a starting place (maybe no one wanted him, who knows?)

I'm certainly not writing him off. 

What does Campbell bring to the team that makes us better? 

Ferguson is capable of going box to box, as well as McRorie. They are also both capable of putting a foot in, and Ferguson can come up with a bit of magic when we need it at times. 

Campbell hasn't played as much as them, but what is it he does, what's his asset? 

He's got good technique maybe, but rarely has the ability to showcase that as he generally plays the ball right to left or backwards. Never forward. 

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

You are totally wrong

He's 23. We would be due a fee for his development. Given that the fee we paid for Ferguson.....who was younger and at Hamilton so wouldn't have been earning as much...........was £250k.....we can expect a higher fee if he goes to sevco. Sevco themselves had to fork out £350k to Motherwell for Jake Hastie....this would more be in line with what we could expect

I may very well be wrong but this piece of information is what i'm reading into the situation.

Training compensation shall be paid to a player’s training club(s): (1) when a player signs his first contract as a professional and (2) each time a professional is transferred until the end of the season of his 23rd birthday

Isn't the end of this season the end of the season of his 23rd birthday?

As I said....I think he should have been loaned out in August. As it happens, it turned out that we were shorn of our complete first choice midfield in November so it was lucky for us he wasn't.

I don't know if he will "make it" with us but it's just too early to say yet. He definitely needs more game time though. I'd see him filling in the Ojo/McCrorie/McGeouch role if his career progresses well. 2 of those I don't think will be still with us 18 months down the line. That is his opportunity to grasp

10 minutes ago, Lan_Lad said:

I may very well be wrong but this piece of information is what i'm reading into the situation.

Isn't the end of this season the end of the season of his 23rd birthday?

That bit of info isn't specifying whether it is a cross-border transfer or a transfer within his home country.

We know that it is a year older for transfers within your own country and as Westhill Wanderers confirmed earlier....the cut off date is the date of the player's 24th birthday. 

As I keep coming back to though....it's well documented that sevco want him in this window if possible. So the development compo is certainly due in that instance

3 hours ago, RUL said:

He's 24 in August so will this not impact any potential development fee as they can just start his contract when he turns 24?

Is there not something in the laws about the age at the season start.

‘If so, then it’s irrelevant when he turns 24 in next seasons competition.

‘I’ll go have a dig

8 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Is there not something in the laws about the age at the season start.

‘If so, then it’s irrelevant when he turns 24 in next seasons competition.

‘I’ll go have a dig

Ok, it looks like we won’t be due any development fee as I read it.

‘According to the SPFL

Compensation
F3 Compensation shall be payable to the former Club of a Player only where the Player concerned is Registered with his new Club at or before the end of the first Season in which the Player concerned reaches, will reach or shall have reached the age of 23.

So there is a fee due if he went this window, but nothing if he is registered in the summer for next season.

3 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

It’s under 24, so the minute he turns 24 (8th August). 

As per Fifa rules, the cut off is the end of the season that he turned 23, so he turned 23 this season so the cut off is this season. I am not sure if that includes this summer or when he turns 24.

The real reason the huns are going for him is to fill the squad and meet quota for home grown players in European competition. They currently only have 22 out of a possible 25 players on List A of their squad due to the lack of home grown players over 21. This number will reduce again in the summer or maybe now when Greg Stewart leave as he is one of only 4/5 home grown players at the huns over 21. 

Can anyone who has said on here that we are due compensation, show us the rule.

Rule one is taken from SFA and rule two is taken from SPFL. 

1. Upon expiry of his agreement a Professional Player shall be free to conclude a new agreement with
    any Club, which wishes to engage his services providing this is during one of the Registration Periods or special dispensation has been granted in accordance with Paragraph 3.5. Following upon expiry of such agreement any rights to a compensation fee by his previous Club shall lapse at the end of the Season in which the Player reaches the age of 23.

2. Compensation shall be payable to the former Club of a Player only where the Player concerned is Registered with his new Club at or before the end of the first Season in which the Player concerned reaches, will reach or shall have reached the age of 23.

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Ah right, so mcinnes doesn't get any credit for developing them because they were in their 20s?

Post less and better , thats my advice 

Not what I said. I'm saying you're comparing players initially managed by McInnes at 24/25, Campbell is 19. Not really comparable. Jack, Shinnie and McLean would've been just about in the middle of their careers, having been bled as youngsters by other managers or at different clubs. So, it's not really comparable as McInnes is overseeing almost the entirety of Campbells professional development up to this point. 

Read what people are saying, and get some humility, that's my advice. 

Maybe not Jack. He would've been about 21/22 in 2013? Still a fair bit older than 19. 

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

That bit of info isn't specifying whether it is a cross-border transfer or a transfer within his home country.

We know that it is a year older for transfers within your own country and as Westhill Wanderers confirmed earlier....the cut off date is the date of the player's 24th birthday. 

As I keep coming back to though....it's well documented that sevco want him in this window if possible. So the development compo is certainly due in that instance

It looks as if others have clarified the cross border aspect of it by finding the same clause I quoted in SPFL rules. And as far as compensation goes that puts the ball fully in their park so to speak. I simply don't see them tossing around money they don't have to just to get Wright in this window.

If they were to offer say 100K and the board rejected it what's the rush for them? I think it's obvious to everyone they're going to win this league with or without Scott Wright. If they can save hundreds of thousands of pounds by waiting till June 1st isn't that what they're likely to do?

That's why I see it coming down to take something now or nothing later.

6 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Not what I said. I'm saying you're comparing players initially managed by McInnes at 24/25, Campbell is 19. Not really comparable. Jack, Shinnie and McLean would've been just about in the middle of their careers, having been bled as youngsters by other managers or at different clubs. So, it's not really comparable as McInnes is overseeing almost the entirety of Campbells professional development up to this point. 

Maybe not Jack. He would've been about 21/22 in 2013? Still a fair bit older than 19. 

Don't you find it strange that so many people pick you up wrong.

6 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Campbell is crap. If he wasn't an Aberdeen fan there would be a go fund me page set up to pay him off. He's had plenty opportunities and all he does is pass the ball sideways and get caught in possession, he's not strong, quick or good in the air which regardless of manager or style you need to have to play in the premiership in Scotland. 

3 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

Don't you find it strange that so many people pick you up wrong.

Still upset after you made an arse of yourself yesterday?