The Ryan Fraser Clause

I agree. I don't think it does either party any good to just let his contract run down Fraser for risk of serious injury and Bournemouth for losing a star player for zilch. I'll be very surprised if he doesn't move this summer but I don't think it'll be £30m probably closer to £20m.

From Fraser’s point of view his stock is so high at the moment too, a season of being inconsistent or picking up a couple of niggly injuries and the chance of moving to a massive club like Arsenal could pass him by.

The boy definitely sounds desperate for a move to happen the amount of interviews he is doing.

Although he keeps stressing that he’s “not one to speak about it”

Anyway , the journalist looks like a skinhead offspring of David Murray so, obviously , can’t be trusted

• 2 weeks later...

Arsenal bid £40 million for Zaha. Can't see them going for Ryan if they get Zaha.

No way will they get Zaha for that. In the massively inflated English market Palace won't even think about selling for less than £70m minimum. They've just sold their young RB for £50m. Zaha is the star of their team and clearly their best player.

Hopefully palace will tell them to ram it and they turn their attention to fraser.

The problem Arsenal will have is that Palace are due Man United a large percentage of any sell on fee as part of the deal when United sold Zaha back to them. Palace apparently tried to get United to waive their right to the percentage of any fee for Zaha when negotiating the sale of their young RB to them a few days ago but United refused. So Palace will no doubt hold out for top dollar.

So unless Arsenal sell a big name player to free up funds I can't see them being able to afford Zaha.

You'd have thought we could find some EPL director somewhere willing to help with finding a football agent or friend who fancied £100k for recommending some players to us.

Certainly would be a good idea if we had £100k which would only be the case if his club bought Ryan Fraser for £25M up front.

Is this not how english football works?

I can still see Fraser going this window. Bournemouth were saying he's not for sale but with one year on his contract left they will be wary of losing him for nothing. He has only hit real heights this season and he will be wary of upsetting the bournemouth board and fans by forcing a move. My bet is his agent has told him to come out and say he is likely and willing to stay this season at Bournemouth and what will be will be, essentially running down his contract and getting a big pay day at the end of this year. Bournemouth will be hoping he takes a new deal with a potential release clause of say 40million but if he refuses will end up having to sell for around the 25 million mark this summer. 

In any case I can't see him being allowed to run down his contract and leave for nothing but that would be just our luck. Leave this summer or sign a new deal and leave next summer for even more money and we will be quids in regardless.