Coronavirus

Henry

2 minutes ago, tutankamun said:

Linda Bauld on QT just now ? ‘we need to stay locked down as there MIGHT be another strain of Covid that the vaccine doesn’t work on’ ?

Fuck me, I MIGHT get hit by lightning or run over by a bus, so should I just stay in my house forever?

She's another "expert" that doesn't want this to end. She's absolutely loving all the attention.

Almost a year of folk being on furlough and not working. Not being able to do anything remotely normal or enjoyable. Told to pick up their 80% and shut the fuck up. That's not a way to live. Many have been and will be made redundant off the back of this, ruining the futures of many.

We're only on this earth for a short period of time. Let's just get back to living eh? 

• Upvote 2

Imagine taking a few weeks to get back to full fitness after taking a bad reaction to a respiratory infection. Eat well, rest often. Build up your strength gradually. You'll be fine pal.

Similar note - I've yet to hear a story of a professional athlete getting seriously ill with Covid*, despite thousands of the fuckers testing positive. The vast majority of these "positive" cases end up being asymptomatic. It is fairly obvious by now that living a healthy lifestyle and having good cardiovascular fitness will hold you in good stead against most illnesses. As effective as a vaccine for young people? I'd probably go as far and say yes, particularly when the vaccine hasn't been proven to stop transmission.

*My digestion of news media has decreased substantially in the past few months so if I have missed the whole Hun first time get wiped out with Covid, then tough titties.

22 minutes ago, Don Fonte said:

Said the specific statement did.

Not the fact regards public workers took more sick days than private sector.

Who made a specific statement?  I only said I'd read about it somewhere,  he suggested it sounded made up without knowing the source. ( I can't remember the source either,  but I remember being struck by the disparity).

4 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Parky did,  said it sounded made up. 

3 hours ago, Don Fonte said:

Said the specific statement did.

Not the fact regards public workers took more sick days than private sector.

Indeed. Some people like to put their own meaning on words though, rather than read what's actually said. 

• Dildo 1
8 hours ago, Howard Marks said:

She's another "expert" that doesn't want this to end. She's absolutely loving all the attention.

Almost a year of folk being on furlough and not working. Not being able to do anything remotely normal or enjoyable. Told to pick up their 80% and shut the fuck up. That's not a way to live. Many have been and will be made redundant off the back of this, ruining the futures of many.

We're only on this earth for a short period of time. Let's just get back to living eh? 

100%.  These fuckers are enjoying their 15 minutes of fame. Jason Leach,  Whitty, professor this, professor that fuckin shower of attention seeking cunts. Scare mongering dribble nibblers. Facial ballistic trauma required me thinks.

• Downvote 1
  • Dildo 1
11 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Ok, I've read what was actually said: -

What did you mean?

That it sounds made up. Highly exaggerated. 

I wouldn't disagree that the absenteeism rate is higher in the public sector than the private. That it's 4-6 times greater, as MHD quoted? Sounds totally exaggerated and made up. 

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

That it sounds made up. Highly exaggerated. 

I wouldn't disagree that the absenteeism rate is higher in the public sector than the private. That it's 4-6 times greater, as MHD quoted? Sounds totally exaggerated and made up. 

Have to agree with Marydoll. Depends on the country too, in Norway it’d be 10 times no problem. 

5 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Why?

Sounds absolutely spot on to me.

Have you worked in the public sector? Me neither. But I've interviewed and met hundreds who have as well as taken direct references from public sector managers and that's why it sounds highly accurate to me. 

4 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Have to agree with Marydoll. Depends on the country too, in Norway it’d be 10 times no problem. 

Okay lads. I'll go with actual research, yous can go with your preconceptions. 

"New figures released by the CIPDhave revealed that workers in the public sector take more sick leave than private sector workers. There is a difference in the number of average sick days taken per year –7.9 days in the public sector compared to 5.5 days in the private sector."

https://www.uniqueiq.co.uk/public-sector-vs-private-sector-on-sick-leave/

What a fucking dull thing to have to go and get evidence on. Yous cunts will argue about anything. ?

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Okay lads. I'll go with actual research, yous can go with your preconceptions. 

"New figures released by the CIPDhave revealed that workers in the public sector take more sick leave than private sector workers. There is a difference in the number of average sick days taken per year –7.9 days in the public sector compared to 5.5 days in the private sector."

What a fucking dull thing to have to go and get evidence on. Yous cunts will argue about anything. ?

Irrelevant. MHD mentioned about council workers, that stat is 'public sector' 

9 hours ago, Joe pike said:

The SNP have booked over 800 rooms at Glasgow,Aberdeen and Edinburgh airports to quarantine travellers.

As of Tuesday only 14 rooms were occupied.

These 800 rooms are booked up for March and will be paid for by the Scottish Government which means by us.

Another huge waste of taxpayers money by the SNP.

I bet the hotel owners can't believe their luck. Haven't seen lights on at Moxy etc for months, all those new hotels are failing massively at the airport

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

If those figures are accurate Iam genuinely surprised that the public sector staff take "only" 1.4 times more days than the private sector.

What would be most revealing however would be the number or percentage of the workforce taking those days.

Private firms are very tight on absence management and people with an unjustifiably poor record are soon onto a disciplinary pathway and out the door, if it doesn't improve.  In contrast, it is almost impossible to sack people in the public sector thanks to unions and also the general lack of accountability and endless supply of other peoples money.

19 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

If those figures are accurate Iam genuinely surprised that the public sector staff take "only" 1.4 times more days than the private sector.

What would be most revealing however would be the number or percentage of the workforce taking those days.

Private firms are very tight on absence management and people with an unjustifiably poor record are soon onto a disciplinary pathway and out the door, if it doesn't improve.  In contrast, it is almost impossible to sack people in the public sector thanks to unions and also the general lack of accountability and endless supply of other peoples money.

Get's proved wrong by facts, argues facts don't matter. 

2 hours ago, Poodler said:

I bet the hotel owners can't believe their luck. Haven't seen lights on at Moxy etc for months, all those new hotels are failing massively at the airport

Good - they should never have been built.  Taking trade out of an already struggling city centre