Coronavirus

Henry

17 hours ago, Howard Marks said:

She's another "expert" that doesn't want this to end. She's absolutely loving all the attention.

Almost a year of folk being on furlough and not working. Not being able to do anything remotely normal or enjoyable. Told to pick up their 80% and shut the fuck up. That's not a way to live. Many have been and will be made redundant off the back of this, ruining the futures of many.

We're only on this earth for a short period of time. Let's just get back to living eh? 

The think I find to be a piss take is that all the experts they speak to in the media are the same ones doing the advising. (In Scotland anyway, I haven't paid as much attention elsewhere).
They are never likely to offer a dissenting voice. Leitch himself, got awful close then did a U-turn within days, there is a tight control on who sees all the relevant information, which in turns leads to very few who are suitably 'qualified' to disseminate this to the public, and of course they all sing from the same hymn sheet .

• Downvote 1
4 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I think you're twisting the record. Neither me (and I'm guessing Bri) thought it "seemed important to argue" with you about it.

At times like these, where an obvious breakdown in communication has occurred, it's best to revisit the record: -

Following this post, adding to a good point made by another poster, you said this: - 

Given the four words you used, a disputing of what he posted without any proper context, something that might be taken the wrong way and was quite disparaging and insulting actually, it wasn't surprising when MHD asked you why would he make it up.

You then clarified that it wasn't you doubting him but the truth of what he read. You therefore obviously had some knowledge of the subject. 

Your third post on the subject again failed to provide any context or explanation (of the knowledge you were withholding).

And so did your fourth: -

By now, we are seeing suggestions of contempt from you, that "some people" are not as clever as you and are being disingenuous in their exchanging words with you.

Your fifth post was the first time you provided any context to your original post, the four words that had been justifiably interpreted as being objectionable and came across as highly derisory (you would contest this) : -

At this point, you had never looked up anything. But you claim that what he originally read was "totally made up".

How were your "preconceptions" so amazingly accurate? If indeed they were, the original words being "council workers", not "public sector" and your "evidence" presumably being one source only and not known if there was any correlation between that and whatever you knew about attendance records amongst council workers v. the public sector or even whether it was the sole arbiter of truth of this subject?

You might forgive any of us for wondering if indeed it was you spoiling for a fight. Why else didn't you clarify your certainty in contesting his post? I agree it's a fucking dull subject to be arguing over but I find it fascinating that someone would pick up on ANYTHING in order to be a smart arse and try to present themselves as "oh so clevah". You were in possession of some article before your first post. As you deny that you were (and that you weren't simply engineering a dispute), I look forward to hearing the experience you have in this field to KNOW that you were on solid ground before throwing your weight around.

MHD can speak for himself but I would be surprised if he (or indeed anyone else) would read it any differently. 

Man who was wrong, spends a long time writing post trying to deflect. 

Should've just wrote "oh, that's surprising" and we could've all moved on. No cunt can be arsed with reading your shite and that includes me. So I'll love you to your pointless fight. 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
6 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Councils manipulate sickness figures as well. A lot of long term sick get put on a redeployment list looking for other suitable jobs, basically gardening leave, on full pay. Happened to me a couple of times so that the figures don't look so bad. 

No wonder with chancers like you Moobsy.

3 hours ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

The think I find to be a piss take is that all the experts they speak to in the media are the same ones doing the advising. (In Scotland anyway, I haven't paid as much attention elsewhere).
They are never likely to offer a dissenting voice. Leitch himself, got awful close then did a U-turn within days, there is a tight control on who sees all the relevant information, which in turns leads to very few who are suitably 'qualified' to disseminate this to the public, and of course they all sing from the same hymn sheet .

What annoys me about the experts (and politicians) at the moment is they’re not giving any criteria of when restrictions could be lifted.

They keep saying cases / infection rates ‘need to be lower’ but don’t specifically define what ‘lower’ equates to.

The mythical ‘R’ rate is the lowest it’s ever been, plus we have the vaccine which we keep being told by those annoying as fuck adverts ‘it’s our way out of this’ so ‘I’m rolling up my sleeve’. ?

Aberdeen should probably be in level 1 based on the current data, but no, still locked down with no end in sight.

Hopefully Boris will give a clear definition of the criteria for opening up again on Monday which will inevitably put pressure on the other nations to follow suit. Scotland, with its much, much lower infection rate in particular, should be under the most pressure to let us out l, sooner rather than later.

Unless it’s all a political game... ?

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

It’s fucking mental... headlines today are about Harry and Meghan, who gives an actual fuck?, followed by the obligatory Covid hospital images. ?

people losing their jobs, businesses, divorcing, dying of other diseases/conditions, committing suicide and it barely registers. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, tutankamun said:

It’s fucking mental... headlines today are about Harry and Meghan, who gives an actual fuck?, followed by the obligatory Covid hospital images. ?

people losing their jobs, businesses, divorcing, dying of other diseases/conditions, committing suicide and it barely registers. 

100%

Pished but Dempsey speaks the truth. 

Dempsey to replace McInnes 

7 hours ago, Parklife said:

Man who was wrong, spends a long time writing post trying to deflect. 

Should've just wrote "oh, that's surprising" and we could've all moved on. No cunt can be arsed with reading your shite and that includes me. So I'll love you to your pointless fight. 

Eh wanted to back up my admittedly “based on experience” Opinion and could only find that at any one time, 10.6% of public sector workers in Norway are on the sick. This translates to about 25 days a year per head. 

Couldn’t find private sector numbers (this is a bit because of the way the system works) but if it is similar to the UK, and eh would argue from experience it is a bit lower, then we are still looking at 5-6 times as much sickness. Maybe not 10, but still a clear difference.

6 hours ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Eh wanted to back up my admittedly “based on experience” Opinion and could only find that at any one time, 10.6% of public sector workers in Norway are on the sick. This translates to about 25 days a year per head. 

Couldn’t find private sector numbers (this is a bit because of the way the system works) but if it is similar to the UK, and eh would argue from experience it is a bit lower, then we are still looking at 5-6 times as much sickness. Maybe not 10, but still a clear difference.

Fair enough. Wasn't really something i thought was that interesting. It just jumped out to me as a class divide and conquer line. All part of an attempt to turn workers against each other. So I said so.

Should've known the pub bore below would know best and be unable to accept anything that contradicting his all-knowing viewpoint. 

42 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

You can't compete with a man who is so experienced, so knowledgeable and so superior that he can detect instantly the inaccuracy of a report that someone read.

That he didn't articulate his insulting opening gambit and distinguish what precisely was "totally made up" - whether he was contesting the fact that council workers were on the sick more than private sector workers or whether it was the extent of it - was just his unfortunate way with words.

Only a sad fuck uses google to dispute a post for the purposes of engineering a confrontation to show how clever they are. He has no history of doing that. 

You can write as much insulting nonsense about me as you like. You were wrong. You're just a caught fish, squirming on the deck of a boat. Thrashing around in vain, hoping that a thrash will somehow get you back in to the water. 

You stick with concocting your alternative realities and making up your own fictional sequence of events. 

2 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

If the misunderstanding is my making, I apologise to you.

Very gracious and appreciated. No need however. 

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

What did you "know better" than me and @maryhilldon?

It sounded exaggerated and something deliberately put out to demean people who work in the public sector. It didn't fit at all with the people who i know and have known who work in that sphere. 

You claims I looked it up before posting anything are way off the mark though. 

Dearie me. Give it a fucking rest why don't you?

I told you to do this donkeys ago. You should've listened. 

You've been caught. Again.

Caught being right? And then showing you up as a daft old rageaholic? Correct. Caught out there.