Coronavirus

Henry

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

I've just been a long walk round the Cove area.

I still find it strange that folk just jump out of the way of you or walk on the road to oncoming traffic, just to avoid a potential Covid carrier.

They would rather be hit by a car than go within a couple of feet of someone. Strange but that's the times just now I guess.

I just had a reasonably long walk round Cove as well. I only avoided the ugly people. 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Can you not understand plain English? Or are you desperate for confrontation?

You don't agree that the scheme was stupid and unfair from a policy point of view?

Were you a conscientious objector?

Ha ha the King of self awareness strikes again.

No I don't.

See above.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

2-0 to you on the insults. Is it beyond you to exchange words and ideas?

You thought the EOTHO policy in August was a good thing and a fair way to spend public money?

Didn't really have a strong opinion on it either way tbh and seen it for what it was - a gimmick to try and help kickstart the economy.

If I had got my knickers in a twist about it though I certainly wouldn't have went on to use it repeatedly ?

• Upvote 2
11 minutes ago, Roberto said:

It's the best way to not catch the Covids fella.

I'm glad you're safe and avoided me. I wouldn't want to be blamed for you getting Covid from this ugly bastard.

Close call.

Walking past Cove Bay sickens me however, really fancied a pint. Sad times. Went to the Premier for juice instead.

Haha, I walked past the Cover as well. To be honest, was never really a fan of it, but both my son and daughter have worked there in the recent past. My son is actually still on furlough there. 

They need the pubs to open for the sanity of the younger folk. 

10 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I never got any knickers in a twist about anything. I said it was a stupid policy designed to curry favour with the "middle classes", the people who voted for them. I expressed an opinion that it was unfair and ridiculous from an epidemiological point of view. That doesn't mean a couple who eat out anyway shouldn't take advantage of it. That would be dumb, to deliberately not take the dough. I don't think the money we all saved would make up for the billions it cost the vast majority of UK citizens in pandemic mismanagement. You couldn't even see how a major portion of society couldn't afford to go out. 

Yet you went out anyway - bloody super spreader ?

4 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

You will remember me telling you before about your desperate need to have the last word. So this will be mine to leave the stage clear for you.

Not "caring either way" about an unfair scheme (gimmick as you called it and I agree) is callous. Like the very damaged Tory poster boy poster, you don't give a fuck about the disadvantaged and are more keen just to provoke confrontation online for the sake of it. Like him, you are best ignored to stew in your sickness and ignorance. 

I'm sure "the disadvantaged" have bigger things to concern themselves with than being able to purchase a half price meal.

If you were so bothered you could have funded some yourself instead of repeatedly using the scheme to your benefit.

There's that self awareness kicking in again - neither him nor me are the one who's just back off a 3 day ban for being an argumentative old wank spamming the board with shite.

29 minutes ago, daytripping said:

That's not right, bloody nats. 

It won't have been Universal Credit you were on. It's grippet as fuck and with astonishingly stupid rules. If you pay a mortgage you don't get any help with it but if you rent you get housing payment and therefore can pay your landlord so he can pay his mortgage. 

Tells you were the governments priorities lie.

2 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

It won't have been Universal Credit you were on. It's grippet as fuck and with astonishingly stupid rules. If you pay a mortgage you don't get any help with it but if you rent you get housing payment and therefore can pay your landlord so he can pay his mortgage. 

Tells you were the governments priorities lie.

How's the job going Moobster?

Guest milne_afc
19 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Does anyone know what happens if you don't have the £1750 for the hotel imprisonment? Surely they can't just send you on your way? 

They deduct it from your universal benefits 

2 hours ago, NEM said:

Bonus only for secondary teachers who have to grade pupils because the exams aren't happening.  Usual headline grabbing pish from Sturgeon

Its to make for the lolly they are not getting by marking.

Teachers who do, pocket well over the 400 in the main, some of them are pocketing thousands every year between April and June. Just in time for holidays...