Coronavirus

Henry

1 hour ago, maryhilldon said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that council workers average about a dozen sick days a year ( may have been more) compared to 2 or 3 days in the private sector. 

Once got pulled up at Halli's for my sickness record, even I admit when it's laid out in front of you over a 10 year plus span it didn't look good, should be some kind of law stopping them from keeping your data that long, it's criminal.

27 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

As briefings.

We have the web pages and the news to give us the numbers, it's ridiculous that the head of the region is grandstanding every day slipping political point scoring in where she can, it's meant to be an impartial tv station. That she's already said she'll be doing them right up to the election should be illegal, we're not North Korea.

If there's ever some important information to be released then fine, not hearing how better we're doing than England every fucking day.

6 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Once got pulled up at Halli's for my sickness record, even I admit when it's laid out in front of you over a 10 year plus span it didn't look good, should be some kind of law stopping them from keeping your data that long, it's criminal.

When I worked public service I always used the amount of sick days as extra holiday. Would renew every year or so. 

some people have never had a day off in ten year. Mugs.

• Upvote 1

I massively ripped the pish at the council. They tucked me up a couple of times so I played the old stress card. Took out a grievance every time it got even slightly questioned. Full pay 6 months, 1 month part time phased return, work for 6 months, engineer a confrontation with one of my managers, straight to the doc for a sick line again. Went on for years. 

When I was going to the docs I'd make sure I had a cunt of a hangover, no shower and rub my eyes so it looked like I'd been greeting. 

It got to the point they were going to redeploy me so I just sacked it. Was self employed for a year getting full then half sick pay. 

Needless to say, I had the last laugh. 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Poodler said:

When I worked public service I always used the amount of sick days as extra holiday. Would renew every year or so. 

some people have never had a day off in ten year. Mugs.

I never had a day off ill in 7 years when I worked up at Shell.

Often ponder whether it was because I didn't get paid for sick days or whether it was just luck.

9 hours ago, Poodler said:

Covid-19 cannot be eliminated, really. Would need every country to shut all borders indefinitely until every case is exhausted. Can't and won't happen. 

She says there's significant evidence that the vaccine roll out is working though. You can't see that evidence. But it is! 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-56098354

also, this made me chuckle. Wifeys like being told what to do. Mannies dinna 

Yet another transphobic survey