Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

Robinson at M'Well resigned, having taken the club "as far as he can."

Finished 3rd last season and lost a few cup finals in his time there, on a fraction of our budget. It's always good when a manager can see his own militations at a particular club, isn't it?

Take note, Derek.

16 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Finished 3rd last season and lost a few cup finals in his time there, on a fraction of our budget. It's always good when a manager can see his own militations at a particular club, isn't it?

Take note, Derek.

Aye, but would YOU walk away from the alleged salary he’s on?

I certainly wouldn’t as he won’t get a better contract anywhere else 

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Take note, Derek.

The question is out as to whether He had it in him to turn around Motherwell’s poor performance.

7th, 8th, 3rd(in a curtailed season) and now 10th (as it stands)

He hinted in his last press conference about the limitations of his squad, I reckon he’s went to the board (fan ownership) and told there is no magic budget for him to buy his way out of it, so jumped ship. Surely the captain of the ship (if he had the qualities) would have stayed to steady said ship.

He was fortunate to have some good youth in the ranks when he came on board and was forced to play them so they could be sold to clear the interest free  debts.

Lasley will likely get the job and if he manages likes he plays, it could be not good for Motherwell. People will then point to Robinson and the good job he did for 3/4 of one season. That’s not the full story though

5 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

The question is out as to whether He had it in him to turn around Motherwell’s poor performance.

7th, 8th, 3rd(in a curtailed season) and now 10th (as it stands)

He hinted in his last press conference about the limitations of his squad, I reckon he’s went to the board (fan ownership) and told there is no magic budget for him to buy his way out of it, so jumped ship. Surely the captain of the ship (if he had the qualities) would have stayed to steady said ship.

He was fortunate to have some good youth in the ranks when he came on board and was forced to play them so they could be sold to clear the interest free  debts.

Lasley will likely get the job and if he manages likes he plays, it could be not good for Motherwell. People will then point to Robinson and the good job he did for 3/4 of one season. That’s not the full story though

No it doesn't tell the whole story. 

He also got to two cup finals. 

Turned the club's finances around through performances on the pitch and the development and sale of young players. 

His chairman said today that he met or exceeded every target set during his time there an lauded his approach to team and young player development. 

He's also got a 50/50 record against us and we have every advantage over them. 

You've got this one wrong. 

He did a decent job there. 

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

No it doesn't tell the whole story. 

He also got to two cup finals. 

Turned the club's finances around through performances on the pitch and the development and sale of young players. 

His chairman said today that he met or exceeded every target set during his time there an lauded his approach to team and young player development. 

He's also got a 50/50 record against us and we have every advantage over them. 

You've got this one wrong. 

He did a decent job there. 

Differing opinions, that’s all.

‘I would not want him at Pittodrie

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Neither would I. 

But that's immaterial when we're discussing whether he did a good job at Motherwell or not. 

Which he obviously did. 

Which I said he was fortunate in his timing and the question remains whether he could turn around their form or not.

on results this calendar year, it would appear not, hence why he’s jumped ship

28 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

First time I've ever seen someone taking over a Mark McGhee shit show being described as being fortunate. 

McGhee gave Campbell and Hastie their debuts yet you want to credit the development of youth to Robinson.

I’m not sure I’d credit either to be honest, but the point stands that Robinson benefitted in timing of these youth players coming through and helping clear the debts

Just now, afc1903mad said:

McGhee gave Campbell and Hattie their debuts yet you want to credit the development of youth to Robinson.

I’m not sure I’d credit either to be honest, but the point stands that Robinson benefitted in timing of these youth players coming through and helping clear the debts

Yeah he was just lucky. 

Lucky to have the young players when he arrived 

Lucky to clear the debts 

Lucky to get to 2 Cup finals thumping Aberdeen in the process 

Lucky to qualify for Europe

Even his chairman has said he did a good job. 

No Motherwell fans chasing him out the door. 

But you'll be right. 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Yeah he was just lucky. 

Lucky to have the young players when he arrived 

Lucky to clear the debts 

Lucky to get to 2 Cup finals thumping Aberdeen in the process 

Lucky to qualify for Europe

Even his chairman has said he did a good job. 

No Motherwell fans chasing him out the door. 

But you'll be right. 

Did he bring them in to the club?

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Yeah he was just lucky. - Correct

Lucky to have the young players when he arrived - Correct

Lucky to clear the debts - debatable if that was attributable to him as these players were long being developed before he went there

Lucky to get to 2 Cup finals thumping Aberdeen in the process - yes, good results in a short period. Successful over 3/4 of a season, shit for 2 1/4 seasons

Lucky to qualify for Europe - same as above, good results for 3/4 of a season

Even his chairman has said he did a good job. - yeah, chairman hardly likely to shit on an outgoing manager

No Motherwell fans chasing him out the door. - not yet anyway (maybe), but failed to turn it around this year

But you'll be right. - often, but not always, it’s just opinions man

See above

Just now, DD1903 said:

Did he bring them in to the club?

Did he play them and help their development as senior players? 

Kids don't get handed over to first team managers as finished articles. 

Folk can't give McInnes a hard time for allegedly not developing youth players and then give another manager a hard time for doing exactly that.