Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

2 minutes ago, minijc said:

I imagine the gamble would be seen as worth it given what's at stake with prize money/European competitions. 

Only if we are allowed crowds in at their usual European levels.

The prize money we got this season for 3rd qual round would likely only just have covered the expenses accrued for 2 away games...flights hotels etc. 

Just now, ericblack4boss said:

On the radio, im sure he mentioned the contact the manager was on was enormous, 

I see someone on pie and bovril has said the reported 17 grand  a week wages was to match what Sunderland had offered 

Thats shite...he got an immediate  rise after rejecting sevco  which was after Sunderland and has had 2 contract extensions since

3 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Only if we are allowed crowds in at their usual European levels.

The prize money we got this season for 3rd qual round would likely only just have covered the expenses accrued for 2 away games...flights hotels etc. 

Thought flights etc were subsidised by UEFA

Just watched the Mcinnes Interview with BBC and it is the same old crap he always comes away with, no quality in the last bit, hanging on the pen as we all thought he would, no mention of the string of Lewis saves. This Interview as much as anything shows how stale the whole thing has got

3 minutes ago, Donmacca said:

Thought flights etc were subsidised by UEFA

Not sure...but I do know sevco have been using a 757 for their flights.Even in an all business class config that's way bigger than they'd need. Not as if they've been going that far that they'd need it for the endurance it gives either, some have been hops of little more than 75 minutes.  You would think  if UEFA were subsiding they'd insist on the smallest plane suitable for a journey to save on unnecessary cost. We went to Georgia in a 737 last year which is about double the distance sevco have travelled this season for any tie

I have not got time to file through everyone's contrributions on a forum where you are regarded as some sort of paedophile if you are a football fanatic and go to youth and reserve games .I actually made a wee bit of money as a student phoning in match reports from these games to the 'Green Final' and getting a free Press pass to Pittodrie.Just let  me tell you all something, Derek McInnes is not long for this parish.And that is from the hill on Errol Street,Pittodrie Street and the Aberdeen Links golf clubs,On Tuesday night after the Livingston game Mcinnes was made well aware of mine, and 8000 others who have paid £390 odd for a South Stand season ticket, exactly how we feel.He is now signing buy one get one free loan strikers dross from farmfoods bargain aisle.It is the end for Derek Mcinnes.Never been more seething with anger about someone than I am with the arrogant individual.He goes this week,this month but he will most certainly not be at Aberdeen football club beyond this summer.Now get him to fuck.

• Upvote 2
16 minutes ago, alscotoz said:

Any chance that this shite run might be an effort on his part to force the club's hand into paying him out early?

Or are we just genuinely shite?

I think we are just shite.

Nothing upfront.

No creativity.

No spark and no ideas.

Donkeys like Ash Taylor in defense and no fullbacks.

Even Joe Lewis has been struggling.

1 hour ago, Sonoftherock said:

Nothing upfront.

No creativity.

No spark and no ideas.

I'm inclined to agree but we could at least play boys in their best position instead of trying to force them into this god awful 541 or whatever the fuck it's meant to be. 

40 minutes ago, Dad said:

The kind of bunch where if you ask them - ok how do YOU want to play?

They'll all just shrug they're shoulders

A team so free of imagination, their first novel would essentially be notebook - free of content; free of passion.

Ah no.

The section in bold:  Not sure whether that's down the manager or the player - or a combination of both!

3 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Nothing upfront.

No creativity.

No spark and no ideas.

There's no spark and no ideas because, I believe, that they've had how he wants them to play drummed into them that they've forgotten how to enjoy playing football. If you're enjoying your football it's easier and as a result you're more creative.  If you're not creative then your forwards suffer.

McInnes has sacked the life out of players for 2 or 3 years now. How many players has he had identified and signed off as being good enough to be here? Too many and the minute he gets a hold of them and 'coaches' them the spark is eroded from them. And off they go.

Not saying that these players would've ultimately been good enough for Aberdeen in the long run, but the turnover of players he's recruited and binned is ridiculous. 

3 hours ago, alscotoz said:

Any chance that this shite run might be an effort on his part to force the club's hand into paying him out early?

Or are we just genuinely shite?

Why on earth would the players voluntarily comply with such a scheme? They'd be losing out on win bonuses for a start

We are shite, although at times our injury list (including being denied 3 players for 2 weeks because of a lack of social distancing on a plane carrying the Scotland U21 side) has provided a bit of mitigation as to some of the results. Right now we seem to be losing players for the season at a rate of 1 per game which won't help, especially when they are one of our best players, as in the case of Hedges. His injury was freakishly bad luck but there needs to be some questions asked as to why we have suffered so many injuries in the past 2 or 3 seasons that other clubs just don't seem to suffer.

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Haha wait

You know for a fact that a few things have happened and other things are going on?

Mini nostradamus!

You do realise that I have several sources, as proved with how many EXCLUSIVES I've had in the last couple of seasons, I could spill all but that then makes it extremely obvious, we will wait and see but if the club get their number 1 man they'll have done extremely well.

9 hours ago, DelMonte said:

For what it’s worth I do feel bad for him. Want him gone but since I’m only 28 he’s been the best Aberdeen manager I can remember. 

He’s royally fucked it however with total stupid decisions. He wasn’t always like that. 

Aye. Be a shame if he leaves Aberdeen with anything other than good wishes. Had a great relationship with the fans for most of his time here and he had done a good job. But my god it’s time to go.