Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

7 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I really felt for him and actually felt defensive of him when he was getting interviewed earlier

There's a lot to like about him as our manager, he just needs to be told outright to alter our style and also his recruitment process - basic technique has to come before physicality 

The problem is he thinks he’s King Billy, and in truth he’s a fake, and been chancing his luck for the past few seasons, and getting off with it.   He never takes responsibility for jack shit.   Nobody can tell Mcinnes what and what not to do.      What was that comment Leigh made today before the match. We have to perform  today for the manager and put hibs down. ???  What about the suffering fans that have h@d to watch the shit results week after week Leigh.    Cormack waken up or check out.  AFC get someone in with a set of balls.   

2 minutes ago, RUL said:

What? 

I’m led to believe Cormack took it upon himself to sign Hernandez to force a change of style, and he would continue to sign players he felt would help the team.

McGeouch signing wasn’t as cynical but DC pushed it through to try and improve us

1 minute ago, 1983 said:

I’m led to believe Cormack took it upon himself to sign Hernandez to force a change of style, and he would continue to sign players he felt would help the team.

McGeouch signing wasn’t as cynical but DC pushed it through to try and improve us

And I think both would if Hernandez had a run of games and McGeouch could stay fit. 

Neither of those are likely to happen though

Just now, minijc said:

More of a feeling but there's a that BBC article didn't just come because Tom English fancied writing about us.

Richard Gordon too... He also said outcome wouldn't be tonight. 

Only thing I'm not sure about is if decision may be delayed due to St Johnstone beating livi... Its clear club were concerned about missing top 4.

Just now, RUL said:

Only thing I'm not sure about is if decision may be delayed due to St Johnstone beating livi... Its clear club were concerned about missing top 4.

Regardless of that Livi result today I'd still be convinced they'd overtake us at the moment 

5 minutes ago, RUL said:

Heard Richard Gordon and Willie Miller say that.

I think we need the "bounce" a competent new manager brings if we've any chance of finishing 3rd

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I was going to say that maybe English was asked to write the article to try and get a reaction from McInnes but then I thought that it sounded like a heap of shite! 

That's good, shame I know for a fact that a few things have happened and other things are on going.

8 minutes ago, RUL said:

It’s clear Richard Gordon has very good inside knowledge - how else would he know McInnes isn’t getting binned tonight? Time difference in Atlanta?

He knew about Calderwood getting the dunt before the Hibs game in 2009 and he clearly know McInnes is getting his jotters too.

5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

It’s clear Richard Gordon has very good inside knowledge - how else would he know McInnes isn’t getting binned tonight? Time difference in Atlanta?

He knew about Calderwood getting the dunt before the Hibs game in 2009 and he clearly know McInnes is getting his jotters too.

Does he? He made it quite clear that he felt Cormack wasn't one for knee jurk reactions and Mcinnes was safe for a little longer

4 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

He just said something vague though, along the lines of “Dave Cormack’s not the type of man to make  knee-jerk decisions tonight”.

Sounded more like an opinion than inside knowledge. 

24 minutes ago, RUL said:

Not much difference between 4th and 5th tbh both get conference league football barring a diddy club like Montrose or hearts winning the cup. Really need 3rd