Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

To be fair if someone was asking you if you thought you’d be sacked, how would you answer?

It’s relevant questions but it’s never going to go well. 

(if you’re referring to BBC interview just now).

Was a strange question asking if he planned to resign.

2 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

Derek has a very important decision to make.I think he knows his time is up, but does he forever want to be known as a total serpent by Aberdeen fans by stubbornly cling on to his potential pay off, or does he do the decent thing and walk away with fuck all, thus keeping some of the goodwill his tenure has largely deserved?! 

The odds appear to be on total serpent.

If anyone thinks he'll walk they are living in cloud cukoo land.

24 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

The pre match chat on sportsound 

The leanne Crichton dame suggested that the wages hun dmc was on was an issue with Cormack. 

Tom English saying it wasn't just results and performance there was " more going on" 

So it could be that Cormack knows he's over paid. 

I noticed the rest of the pundits have also now said its time for a change at end of season, 

I doubt any of them have been paying any attention to our abysmal displays, lack of goals, poor signings etc.

They'll have only done a bit of research after the Tom English article came out and noticed that, contrary to their made up assumptions, we haven't been finishing 3rd every season and McInnes hasn't been doing a great job for quite a while. 

• Upvote 1

40% win rate with St Johnstone. Season & half of which was in Championship & winning promotion from there.

27% win rate at Bristol city

47% win rate with us up to this season (which is now below 40% for this season) & basically showing him for the completely average manager he is & always has been.

Benefitted from very fortunate circumstances & timing & especially budgetary advantages over most of his ‘competitors’ for second place in league & even when Huns were back they were still a complete shambles, let’s not forget they didn’t even get up from the championship at first time of asking. 

Media darling McInnes is getting found out for his negativity & blatant bang average skills as manager 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

McInnes has done a good job.

I'll turn back in to a mcinnes fan the second he is gone.

Stick McInnes and Docherty on furlough.

Push Robson and Sheerin to the front.

Stick them on a £10k win bonus per game. No salary increase.

Definitely this.

Time to go very probably but the majority see hes done a good job for most of the time he is here.

I will say every name getting mentioned (Robinson , Wright , Hughes , Goodwin , Adams) is pretty depressing. I wouldnt bet on any of those managers matching Mcinnes , yet alone beating him record.

7 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Definitely this.

Time to go very probably but the majority see hes done a good job for most of the time he is here.

I will say every name getting mentioned (Robinson , Wright , Hughes , Goodwin , Adams) is pretty depressing. I wouldnt bet on any of those managers matching Mcinnes , yet alone beating him record.

Every one of them would be a shitload cheaper. And I doubt any of them would be achieving any worse with our available resources. Of them, the only one I'd really want is Goodwin he does seem to have something about him that says he's destined for a bigger and better job. If we were deep in relegation difficulties, Hughes would be my choice but we aren't. 

Hopefully there's someone leftfield that Cormack has in mind though

28 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

40% win rate with St Johnstone. Season & half of which was in Championship & winning promotion from there.

27% win rate at Bristol city

47% win rate with us up to this season (which is now below 40% for this season) & basically showing him for the completely average manager he is & always has been.

Benefitted from very fortunate circumstances & timing & especially budgetary advantages over most of his ‘competitors’ for second place in league & even when Huns were back they were still a complete shambles, let’s not forget they didn’t even get up from the championship at first time of asking. 

Media darling McInnes is getting found out for his negativity & blatant bang average skills as manager 

Whilst I can't disagree with the stats surrounding McInnes. 

He had done a good job to give us some respectability back. But it is most definitely time for him to go.

But the way you constantly go on about him it's almost as if you're enjoying seeing him and the team struggle, as if to prove some point.  Almost revelling in it.

• Upvote 4
13 minutes ago, Kittybrewster Loon said:

The manager will not be leaving this season. After 8 years here and doing almost everything we could of asked of him, he deserves to leave the North East with his head held high and proud of what he has achieved here. 

Which is a cup win with a team largely built by his predecessor; pedestrian unimaginative football with not losing his main motivation. We can do better than that - don't let Magoo blind you into the possibility of something better.

McInnes out now.

33 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

McInnes has done a good job.

I'll turn back in to a mcinnes fan the second he is gone.

Stick McInnes and Docherty on furlough.

Push Robson and Sheerin to the front.

Stick them on a £10k win bonus per game. No salary increase.

I actually love the furlough idea. It means we claw back £400 per week at moment (cant remember the actual number?) and it means legally he cant earn anything. So it would be illegal for him to make money by speaking to papers or media etc

36 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Definitely this.

I wouldn't have any of them but Wright and Hughes have won as many cups as Mcinnes with much smaller clubs and budgets

15 minutes ago, Kittybrewster Loon said:

The manager will not be leaving this season. After 8 years here and doing almost everything we could of asked of him, he deserves to leave the North East with his head held high and proud of what he has achieved here. 

You're at it there surely min.

Its turning to shit rapid style. The one thing guaranteed with the way this is going is if he or the club don't accept the reality of it, he'll lose all integrity he ever had 

Just now, frankie_mac's_4 said:

You're at it there surely min.

Its turning to shit rapid style. The one thing guaranteed with the way this is going is if he or the club don't accept the reality of it, he'll lose all integrity he ever had 

I nearly hit the new hun report when I saw that. If only to see if it actually works

But I would agree with him leaving with his head held high. He can do that by going to Cormack and offering to resign in return for a generous pay off.

Now though...not in the summer

8 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

I wouldn't have any of them but Wright and Hughes have won as many cups as Mcinnes with much smaller clubs and budgets

True. Although Hughes has been appalling at Hibs and Raith in that time and Tommy Wright played shitter football than Mcinnes, for his entire spell in charge.

Sadly only 1 of the 8 managers before Mcinnes won as much as Mcinnes. In fact only 3 got to a final (1 of those was Willie Miller).

Not saying Mcinnes shouldnt go now but that cup win record used to beat him is fairly petty. We lost 3 finals to the tims who won everything in that era and he was consistent in the league.

Not saying we cant strive for more but retrospective slagging of the positive parts of Mcinnes time is pretty unnecessary 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
29 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Whilst I can't disagree with the stats surrounding McInnes. 

He had done a good job to give us some respectability back. But it is most definitely time for him to go.

But the way you constantly go on about him it's almost as if you're enjoying seeing him and the team struggle, as if to prove some point.  Almost revelling in it.

No far from it. I wish he had been a great manager but sadly he hasn’t been.

Just because I haven’t rated him for as long as I can remember whilst many others still continued to believe his hype but ignoring his fortunate  circumstances surrounding his whole tenure doesn’t mean I enjoy it being the case.

I will be happy when he finally goes & we can move on. Simple as that. He’s bang average & I really think it is an exaggeration to call him a good manager when I firmly believe pretty much any manager could have achieved all he has with us during the same period given his advantage over rest.

His smooth chat/articulation fooled far too many for far too long. That couple with the continued bile around ‘expectation levels’ at Aberdeen from the west coast media has had him seen as untouchable & far better than he is.

his managerial record is meh as a whole & his next post will only confirm it IMO 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, afc_blockhead said:

Definitely this.

I wouldn’t have bet against any of them achieving just as much for us as McInnes has if they had been given his same circumstances surrounding his tenure but that can never really be proven as your bet couldn’t either now that Huns & tims are both taking top 2 spots consistently.

No doubt we will have Hearts back next season also, so have the full compliment of the ‘bigger’ sides all back in top flight again, meaning far less chance for any side outwith the arse cheeks to get any consistency going again. Something McInnes has never fully had to face in his whole tenure, for varying reasons

6 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I wouldn’t have bet against any of them achieving just as much for us as McInnes has if they had been given his same circumstances surrounding his tenure but that can never really be proven as your bet couldn’t either now that Huns & tims are both taking top 2 spots consistently.

No doubt we will have Hearts back next season also, so have the full compliment of the ‘bigger’ sides all back in top flight again, meaning far less chance for any side outwith the arse cheeks to get any consistency going again. Something McInnes has never fully had to face in his whole tenure, for varying reasons

It's hardly McInnes' fault that Hibs and Dundee United were shit and got themselves relegated. 

There's plenty to pin on him but this one is nonsense. Hibs and Dundee United being down meant that better teams came up. Full stop. 

It's like saying Fergie had it easy at Manchester United because Leeds and Manchester City got relegated. 

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

We will see i guess who comes in and how they do.

Wouldnt worry about Hearts. Theyve not finished above us since before Mcinnes was around!