Calvin Ramsay

57 minutes ago, pocrawred said:

From twitter

A transfer challenge is underway between #Bologna and #Leeds for Calvin #Ramsay. The offers made by the clubs are similar, with the difference that the #Leeds would leave the player on loan at # Aberdeen until the end of the season

Leeds offer is even less than Bologna's first offer. 3.3m Euros is an insult.

Even with a big sell on clause and a loan back for the rest of the season they are absolutely miles off where they need to be. 

Say we bring in £5m for Calvin and £3m for Ferguson? Where do we think that £8m is going?  Does anyone really think that more than a pittance will be reinvested in the squad? 

This might make me sound old but I don't care.  I don't remember anyone being in a hurry to sell our good young players up until a few years ago.  Now it seems to be more exciting how much you get for a player than it does having a good team on the pitch. 

Seems to be a new thing based on some myth that we'll eventually end up with a better team. 

Maybe I've just got no faith in the leadership at the club but all I've seen the last few years is good players leaving and being replaced with ones that are vastly inferior. 

• Upvote 5

Clyde 1 "experts" discussed this near the end of the programme. 

Encouraged by the host, Shug Keevins and Kenny Miller (especially) thought that the Bologna offer was a good one and were a bit perplexed as to why we turned it down. All 3 alluded to the Aston Villa offer for McKenna, obviously not knowing the true circumstances of it........and reckon there's a good chance that we will regret not accepting it down the line

Ignorant cunts

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Encouraged by the host, Shug Keevins and Kenny Miller (especially) thought that the Bologna offer was a good one and were a bit perplexed as to why we turned it down. All 3 alluded to the Aston Villa offer for McKenna, obviously not knowing the true circumstances of it........and reckon there's a good chance that we will regret not accepting it down the line

Ignorant cunts

Football for me has always been about how good our team is on the park.

Provided the club is solvent I don't really care how much money is in our bank account. 

Or whether we have a shiny new stadium or not. 

For fans it should really be all about the football. I think something is lost when we're celebrating getting a couple of hundred grand for the likes of Hedges or getting a sell on clause for one of our promising young players. 

5 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Ignorant cunts

I could not listen to that myopic, specky Tim cunt Keevins, or any of the semi literate cunts they have masquerading as pundits. 

25 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Say we bring in £5m for Calvin and £3m for Ferguson? Where do we think that £8m is going?  Does anyone really think that more than a pittance will be reinvested in the squad? 

This might make me sound old but I don't care.  I don't remember anyone being in a hurry to sell our good young players up until a few years ago.  Now it seems to be more exciting how much you get for a player than it does having a good team on the pitch. 

Seems to be a new thing based on some myth that we'll eventually end up with a better team. 

Maybe I've just got no faith in the leadership at the club but all I've seen the last few years is good players leaving and being replaced with ones that are vastly inferior. 

Exactly correct. The club is run to balance the books and reinvest as much back into the the playing squad and infrastructure as the balance sheets allow. Unfortunately we have a stadium to build and I think 80% will go to that. If it were me I’d twist and speculate. Spend 2-3m on 2 or 3 “star” players and hope we get it right with atleast 1 of them to sell on for even more than Calvin.  We simply have to be turning over players to grow but we also have to recruit well. Hopefully The Dutch lad will be our biggest asset come the end of the season but all transfers are a risk. Let’s not forget europa/conference will increase our turnover by 20-40% if we make it. Massive step up the ladder with that alone. Now’s the time to speculate without doubt!

Just now, 1983 said:

Who’s it directly funded this season?

Our squad this season is as big as it’s ever been (I know it’s doing fuck all). The DNA subs will be funding some of that plus going towards the youth. 
I don’t think anyone who subs wants to see “sponsored by DNA” on the back of a player’s shirt, that would just make them a target. 
DNA is only folk giving extra money to the club at the end of the day, it’s entirely voluntary. The only thing I disagree with is the loyalty points that come along with it. 

2 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

Our squad this season is as big as it’s ever been (I know it’s doing fuck all). The DNA subs will be funding some of that plus going towards the youth. 
I don’t think anyone who subs wants to see “sponsored by DNA” on the back of a player’s shirt, that would just make them a target. 
DNA is only folk giving extra money to the club at the end of the day, it’s entirely voluntary. The only thing I disagree with is the loyalty points that come along with it. 

Spot on.

It’s strange behaviour greeting about it, if you don’t want to contribute don’t.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

DNA is subsidising shite decision making and poor management. Great.

So fans pay money to be used directly to sign players, which otherwise couldn’t be funded by normal revenue, and the club use it to help pay Gurr, Samuals, Jenks, Longstaff, JET et.al. And then the fans get told how we don’t know what we’re talking about when we query why we’re away to swap a 2nd choice right back for a 4th choice right back?

Maybe the club have too much money if they’re acting like Richard Pryor and spending it on absolute SHITE.

21 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

4 minutes ago, huncunts said:

There's heaps of people that genuinely think they're getting value from it with a 15% season ticket discount, ignoring they've shelled out £216 for that £50 off. If the club can fleece these types to spend it on a bloated squad of crap players then more power to them. 

In one ear, straight out the other ?

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, huncunts said:

There's heaps of people that genuinely think they're getting value from it with a 15% season ticket discount, ignoring they've shelled out £216 for that £50 off. If the club can fleece these types to spend it on a bloated squad of crap players then more power to them. 

People that can afford it pretty much just see it as a donation to the club.

Nothing else.

Where’s the problem, the club benefit.

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, huncunts said:

So huncunts, you admit you are a cunt??