Qarabag 1 - 0 Aberdeen

Could have been worse and at least we have a chance for the home leg. Crucially as there is no away go rule, that helps us, as having to go for it with the threat of a breakaway goal potentially leaving us needing 3 goals would have been difficult. 

What's disappointing is that the fans fears over specific deficiencies in the squad (Gurr and lack of central defenders), have come home to roost in the last two games. Please Dave sort it out - how on earth are we managing to spend more than Hibs and more than last year?!!  As its not reflected in the squad. 

I'll take that given how the game panned out, dreadful pitch and referee, our players simply weren't with it in the first half but grew in to the game.  Their defence and keeper didn't get tested but from seeing them try to use the ball they are murder, seriously have to go at them with pace next week, they have mistakes in them. 

46 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Pretty damn slim pickings on bench now as well.

Getting exactly as we deserve here with no excuses. We haven’t prepared sufficiently 

Give it a fucking rest min.....

How are you meant to prepare to play on a pitch like that? Pull up in some random field in Kemnay for a training session? You talk some shite

Absolute dogshit pitch, After the first half i'd have taken 1-0 into the second leg. If we can get a big home crowd. JET on the bench so we can actually press them, as they certainly arent world beaters then we have nothing to fear. Second half we matched them easily because we pressed them and they didnt look great. I'm not a happy clapper BTW, Just sick of listening to your constant fucking drivel. 

30 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Stood aff them 1st half, Emmanuel-Thomas didn't help failing to hold the ball up. I presume Glass was hoping he'd have his 1 in 5 games with a bit of space.

McLennan made a difference when he came on but we needed to be more aggressive from the start. I'm disappointed in a 1-0 overall. They're there for the taking next week 

JET will do a job against teams who sit off us and let us play and have the bulk of possession like of your dundee's ect (the dross of the league) Games where we have to press from the front he's fucked as he's nowhere near mobile enough. We really need reinforcements in before the window shuts

8 minutes ago, minijc said:

I'll take that given how the game panned out, dreadful pitch and referee, our players simply weren't with it in the first half but grew in to the game.  Their defence and keeper didn't get tested but from seeing them try to use the ball they are murder, seriously have to go at them with pace next week, they have mistakes in them. 

Pace might be a problem.

They weren't anywhere as i.pressuve as I thought they'd be, and maybe we got lucky meeting them before their season starts, but by fuck they look beatable.

Glass will have a go... under McInnes we'd have just slowly let the home tie end in a 'creditable draw'.

Decent result & a much improved second half. What we learned IMO: 

- our back line is uncomfortable in a 5 

- Ojo is just as shite as ever 

- we need a new CB

- Ramsay should be hitting every set piece 

I'm confident we can turn it around next week. Qarabag are a good side but so can we be, we need to show that next week. COYR!!

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

- we need a new CB

I'm confident we can turn it around next week. Qarabag are a good side but so can we be, we need to show that next week. COYR!!

Ojo was shit on the ball which could be argued is the norm but I’d definitely let him off on that pitch. 

He chased them down and won the ball high up heaps. I thought he did alright.

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

The thing is, I don't think Glass has suddenly decided that Ojo is the man. 

I suspect he wanted to ditch him and bring in someone else (and likely still does). However if you read Ojo's interview to the Belgian press, he pretty much just refused to leave, and Glass was like OK then you'll have to do. 

Painful that cunts like Ojo and Mcgeouch are sucking up resource and preventing us from have the squad that our wagebill deserves. 

Just now, Parklife said:

- we need a new CB

Not sure about decent result, but played better 2nd half. Ref was poor but didn't influence the game too much. Pitch was terrible and changed everything.

- jet is not made for chasing the ball. 

- we need to drop the silly free kick routine where we pretend we don't know who's taking it

- Ojo was fine

- we absolutely need another option up front. How good is Ruth?

2 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

The thing is, I don't think Glass has suddenly decided that Ojo is the man. 

I suspect he wanted to ditch him and bring in someone else (and likely still does). However if you read Ojo's interview to the Belgian press, he pretty much just refused to leave, and Glass was like OK then you'll have to do. 

Painful that cunts like Ojo and Mcgeouch are sucking up resource and preventing us from have the squad that our wagebill deserves. 

Fair point man. Those two will be two of our highest earners, you'd imagine too. Doubly frustrating. 

Guest milne_afc
1 minute ago, afc1903mad said:

Doesn’t matter if he was booked tonight, he’s still not suspended for next week

Well hopefully he gets injured beforehand. He’s absolutely rubbish.