Proposed new stadium, by Aberdeen beach

25 minutes ago, huncunts said:

Maps tells me it would take 1 hour 5 minutes from getting on the bus on Garthdee Road to stepping foot in Cormack Park, compared to 32 minutes for Pittodrie.

Considering it's always worse after getting out, and the football traffic there would be, you'd basically talking at least 2.5 hours purely of travelling on a matchday for someone that actually lives in Aberdeen. 

On match days , if it is at Kingford they may put on buses from Garthdee direct to the park and ride and Kingswells along with other suburbs , Dyce , BoD etc etc . Then run shuttle buses to the stadium 

4 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. Lots of factors to consider including impact on the city commercial footfall as a whole. 

A lot of families come into the city on match day and part of the family does one thing while the other part goes to the games.  Then they go somewhere together for something to eat etc. 

Folk that think it's just about travelling to the stadium are missing the bigger picture. 

Tell that to the council who want to contribute fuck all to the project! I was previously very confident this would happen, but a few years have passed and we are no further on. Council should be chucking money at the club to stay in the city, its massive for the city as a whole on match day. Part of me wants Kingsford just to get it up the council. Every year we seem to be getting somewhere for some other useless cunt voted in and we are back to square 1. 

8 hours ago, Proud Dandy said:

I don’t believe supply/demand in-balance has as much impact on a football club’s ability to charge more for a season ticket between a 16k or 20k ground. Football fans must be one of the most price insensitive consumers, it’s not the type of product many would ditch on the back of a 10% increase, it’s a big part of our life for many. 

My other issue is it feels like we are putting an unnecessary low cap on future attendances for the next 50+ years. We have no idea what European competition etc might look like and what that might mean for gate numbers. 

Really? 

Taken directly from the councils report on the new development:

“This level should achieve a regularly sold-out stadium ensuring scarcity of tickets, driving yield, and enhancing the atmosphere (c.f. Juventus which moved to a smaller stadium, but increased average attendance and sell-outs), in turn delivering an improved return on the stadium investment (each extra seat is more expensive to build than the previous one but can be sold for less).” 

mgConvert2PDF.aspx?ID=138867

23 hours ago, huncunts said:

Maps tells me it would take 1 hour 5 minutes from getting on the bus on Garthdee Road to stepping foot in Cormack Park, compared to 32 minutes for Pittodrie.

Considering it's always worse after getting out, and the football traffic there would be, you'd basically talking at least 2.5 hours purely of travelling on a matchday for someone that actually lives in Aberdeen. 

On what basis? Standard public transport? Wouldn't exist for Kingsford - there'd be dedicated shuttle busses leaving from various locations. No stopping. Literally 15 mins from Union St to Kinsgford, dropped off literally at the front door.

53 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

On what basis? Standard public transport? Wouldn't exist for Kingsford - there'd be dedicated shuttle busses leaving from various locations. No stopping. Literally 15 mins from Union St to Kinsgford, dropped off literally at the front door.

If there's no stopping, that means you'd have to travel to a set location first. You're still ending up with a 2 leg journey. 

There was also a problem in the number of buses it would take, as there didn't exist enough buses in the area to carry 8k people, to one single destination away from the centre in Aberdeen, and the monetary cost to the club would be huge unless they increased ticket prices to cover it. Then there was the problem that most people would try get on buses at nearly the same time, and everyone at the same time when leaving. So you'd be stuck after or before a game waiting for a shuttle to do a return journey. You'd have well over 100 buses needed to wait for fans after a game, requiring a huge car park in itself.

Anyway it's not happening, and neither is the beach stadium.

On 4/13/2023 at 8:30 PM, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Aberdeen - building a 16k stadium.

Hearts - sold out STs at 15k, waiting list of 4k, looking at ways to expand 20k stadium

Hearts are a club that, in their entire history, have never actually done anything special. They've won a few trophies here and there, yo-yoed between divisions, but have never really shaken Scottish football or made their mark in Europe. They're almost invisible until they do something stupid like hire Romanov, get themselves relegated, or build a stand and forget to order seats for it.

Yet, their fans constantly talk about how big they are, the potential they have, how well run they are, and what they're going to do and achieve.

But, we all know the next 30 years will be similar to the last 150. Little sprouts of success followed by huge delusions of grandeur, before getting put back in their box again.

7 hours ago, Roger Ramjet 62 said:

Support your local team instead then. Nobody is making you come to our city or support the team of our city. 

Without the support of folk from outwith the  city, there would be no need for a stadium over 12k, so think how that drop in revenue would affect the club, 

Rowie munching, hoors

Just now, ericblack4boss said:

Without the support of folk from outwith the  city, there would be no need for a stadium over 12k, so think how that drop in revenue would affect the club, 

Rowie munching, hoors

You make a good point when poll was conducted the suggestion was that the majority of fans came from outwith the city walls.

However I don't believe it. Not for one minute. Polls schmolls.

Shuttle buses? It can be a struggle to share a stadium with some of our support, why would I want to be in a bus rammed full of them?  A stadium at the beach and we can all walk there breathing fresh air.  Can you imagine the complaints/arguments with some auld mannies who usually sit in the main stand having to share buses with the pissed up young team from the red shed?  We've got lots of different types of fans, that's why we have such different atmospheres in different part of the current stadium.

2 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Shuttle buses? It can be a struggle to share a stadium with some of our support, why would I want to be in a bus rammed full of them?  A stadium at the beach and we can all walk there breathing fresh air.  Can you imagine the complaints/arguments with some auld mannies who usually sit in the main stand having to share buses with the pissed up young team from the red shed?  We've got lots of different types of fans, that's why we have such different atmospheres in different part of the current stadium.

Old men like a pre match pint too. With that in mind I have two words for you ENLARGED PROSTATES. Where exactly do they expect folk to pish during this shuttle bus convoy that would likely take at least forty minutes. It's a non starter. 

On 4/14/2023 at 9:20 AM, super_al said:

16k would ensure that there is a scarcity in tickets and allows the club to guarantee more sell outs, increase season ticket sales, generate a better atmosphere and maximize revenue (I.e increase the price of tickets). 

On 4/14/2023 at 10:03 AM, super_al said:

Massive own goal? It’s quite the opposite. The whole idea is to have thousands of fans miss out for the big games which forces higher season ticket sales and allows the club to charge more money per ticket. 

Imagine actually cheering on the idea of the club increasing ticket prices.

On 4/14/2023 at 12:06 PM, Tinyweelad said:

Again, you're conjuring up figures out of nowhere. Who said it would be 20,000 at one place of 16,000 at the other? The most recent forecast on size, costs were on the Beach project. The club haven't re-evaluated Kingsford as that's not on the table at this moment in time.

Cormack suggested in December it was cheaper to build at Kingsford.

9 hours ago, Tinyweelad said:

15 minutes from Union Street to Kingsford on a match day? Aye, if they leave four hours before kick-off maybe.

Ticket prices in Scotland are an outrage. Germany the obvious example of decent pricing helping huge crowds.

The reason here is the clubs are unable to set their own prices. We are then managed by the Glasgow two.

Their view? We sell out every year at high prices with demand far beyond our capacity. Why lower prices to just get the same crowd?

Whereas for some clubs they'd maybe want to try lower prices to see if crowd increases compensate and more. 

And on a serious note Aberdeen should be in a 20k stadium at least. For Scottish football.

• Upvote 2
12 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Ticket prices in Scotland are an outrage. Germany the obvious example of decent pricing helping huge crowds.

The reason here is the clubs are unable to set their own prices. We are then managed by the Glasgow two.

Their view? We sell out every year at high prices with demand far beyond our capacity. Why lower prices to just get the same crowd?

Whereas for some clubs they'd maybe want to try lower prices to see if crowd increases compensate and more. 

And on a serious note Aberdeen should be in a 20k stadium at least. For Scottish football.

Agreed 

It’s ridiculous for the ‘third force’ of Scottish football to even be considering a sub 20k stadium & have shite like Killie, Hibs & even Hearts all having bigger capacity’s than us

• Upvote 4
1 hour ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Not really comparable comparing a country of 5.3 million compared to 83 million in the context of filling football stadiums?.

secondly, 80% of male German population isn’t born and raised to be either Bayern or Dortmund fans like Tim and hun fans are here. Makes representation of different clubs far more common in Germany, 

media and the German football organisation isn’t bought either by the big 2 over there, they also give a fuck about frankfurt/Leverkusen/Freiburg/Schalke/Leipzig and your moenchengladbachs of this world, coupled with a better quality of living/better wages/better services for the normal punter and the fact you can drink fuck off jugs of beer in stadiums offering the punter a better product/day out 

only thing I agree with your post is the stadium should be bigger than 20k.

2 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

I don't want you to take this as a sign I like you or the team you claim to support but I agree with your comment.

I'm reminded of the graffiti "Pay no more than 20 a score". For me that should be the Cat A ceiling for ticket prices in Scottish football.

2 hours ago, Robin Askwith said:

the irony of folk whinging about the time it’ll take them to get from the city to Kingswells are quite happy to travel every second week to Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Kilmarnock etc.

Your point falls down badly. You should have thought it through more before signing off on it.

What you've done there is admit that moving to a stadium outside the city walls would effectively be making our home games an 'away' game. That's the precise parallel you've unwittingly drawn.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Roger Ramjet 62 said:

Your point falls down badly. You should have thought it through more before signing off on it.

What you've done there is admit that moving to a stadium outside the city walls would effectively be making our home games an 'away' game. That's the precise parallel you've unwittingly drawn.

Or he’s calling out shite Aberdeen fans that cannot be fucked going to games unless they’re lifted and laid?, some of us travel 200 miles to pittodrie, some folk cannot be arsed going 10 mile!, 

home games into away games?, some are precious on here, just as a query?, what team in the SPL is going to benefit this away/home game? Kilmarnock-Huns-Tims?. 

ridiculous 

3 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Or he’s calling out shite Aberdeen fans that cannot be fucked going to games unless they’re lifted and laid?, some of us travel 200 miles to pittodrie, some folk cannot be arsed going 10 mile!, 

home games into away games?, some are precious on here, just as a query?, what team in the SPL is going to benefit this away/home game? Kilmarnock-Huns-Tims?. 

ridiculous 

I couldn't even be arsed reading to the end of your comment. It simply doesn't deserve my attention.

The name of our club is ABERDEEN.

End of debate.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

ridiculous 

Let's move our ground to Stirling then as we have a good central belt support. 

It's great that you travel 200 miles to get to Pittodrie but at the end of the day that's your choice as to how to spend your spare time and money. The club aren't obliged to move stadium to suit your personal travel arrangements. 

I grew up in Aberdeenshire and travelled happily into the city for 15 years to support the club.  The club is called Aberdeen, nae Aberdeenshire. 

• Like 1