Ukraine

Ke1t

24 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

A real classic. 

Used to browse the poster racks at Woolies looking for a hint of flap or pube. 

You'll no doubt remember the other posters they had in there for years, to the left of the record counter in the narrow corridor bit. 

In fact this would make a decent thread. Woolies posters of yesteryear. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

1 minute ago, RedArmyFakshun said:

WHY ?  was deffo the middle class non-sexual student mainstay poster of its day

dont remember the green tinge though, it was more sepia

i-10177-1.jpg

It's two different posters... 

6 minutes ago, daytripping said:

What Boris said today was so weak, we can't do a no fly zone as that would mean fighting russian planes!! wtf

No fly zone = NATO war with Russia. We're not prepared to go to war with Russia, which seems pretty sensible to me.

The Ukrainians have played an absolute blinder regarding the media/moral side of things. Zelensky is constantly in the ear of every developed country, with great success in what he's asking for. Everywhere you look it's examples of plucky Ukrainians and abandoned Russian tanks. Russia have had to keep their successes quite as they want to give their domestic audience the impression this is a small, reasonable operation.

3 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

No fly zone = NATO war with Russia. We're not prepared to go to war with Russia, which seems pretty sensible to me.

The Ukrainians have played an absolute blinder regarding the media/moral side of things. Zelensky is constantly in the ear of every developed country, with great success in what he's asking for. Everywhere you look it's examples of plucky Ukrainians and abandoned Russian tanks. Russia have had to keep their successes quite as they want to give their domestic audience the impression this is a small, reasonable operation.

Yeah, the state of mind Wee Vlad is in right now, he's likely to send the Backfires across the North Sea. 

Funny, because his plan has already... wait for it... backfired. 

I thank you. 

2 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

The Ukrainians have played an absolute blinder regarding the media/moral side of things.

They made a one paragraph press conference application to join the EU yesterday based on non-defined "shared european values"

In response, an EU offical said "hmm ok we might discuss this in an informal meeting next month"

This whole scene is a clusterfuck.  Ukraine will not be allowed to join EU.

Ask yourself why not..

9 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

I don't think the Russians are having much success, it's why they're rolling out the big guns, cruise missiles into residential areas. They can't do it on the ground, getting taken apart and forgot the diesel and food.

We should put aircraft under Ukrainian flags to fuck the convoy up, war is dirty.

6 minutes ago, RedArmyFakshun said:

They made a one paragraph press conference application to join the EU yesterday based on non-defined "shared european values"

In response, an EU offical said "hmm ok we might discuss this in an informal meeting next month"

Ask yourself why not..

We should let them join Nato tomorrow, Russia is taking the piss, we're vastly superior. We should wipe vlad out.

15 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

I want war with Russia, we have no reason to fear a bully.

2 minutes ago, RedArmyFakshun said:

I've been a couple of times and i fucking love the place and its people.

There is an authenticity that exists beyond the Society of the Spectacle we have grown accustomed to in the west.

Aye some amount of history etc. I always fancied St Petersburg/Moscow/Lake Baikal and then home. 

You ever watched that Bald and Bankrupt on YouTube? Can be a penis but generally makes interesting videos 

2 minutes ago, daytripping said:

I want war with Russia, we have no reason to fear a bully.

Well... apart from the nukes. 

Britain wouldn't survive even a small nuclear exchange. 

Aside from the nukes, the West would fuck Russia just using the Germans again. The rest of us could sit on the sidelines and cheer them on. 

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, RedArmyFakshun said:

Ask yourself why not..

Because they don't have the requisite financial systems and government expenditure? Not sure what you're getting at tbh. They're a drowning man clinging on, scrabbling for every possible advantage or benefit which could help them stay afloat. And because they're doing a much better job that anyone thought they would, the watching world is rightly impressed.

And they're definitely the good guys in this fight.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

They're a drowning man clinging on, scrabbling for every possible advantage or benefit which could help them stay afloat. And because they're doing a much better job that anyone thought they would, the watching world is rightly impressed.

And they're definitely the good guys in this fight.

They are a fucking stooge.  A pawn in the game that no one gives a fuck about.

What that madman is doing in Ukraine is criminal. It indiscriminately bombs innocent civilians to fulfill its Imperialist design. He wants to destroy a country just because Ukraine wants to be... free...

What is happening is a disgrace for our Europe...

If he decides to invade Poland or Latvia we will have a WWIII

13 hours ago, Poodler said:

Potential thread - who would you have in your hit squad 

id get rocket out of exile and bring him in. He‘D be good at interrogating/ negotiating 

mobby as the cook. Or Dons79 if mobby is into the drink supply 

Am there, no question, watching this unfold is sickening, and am part polish so +1, am good to go, spoke to my wife about it today.il fight and cook

Just now, Sooper-hanz said:

Because UK tourists would go fucking mental at the thought of eating swetana and blinis instead of all day egg and chips and would demand a war. 

????

Well if they invade Spain they can always come to my country.
We don't have what you mentioned but we have a good Portuguese stew to offer.

?