Ukraine

Ke1t

Back in the day, 80's or 90's, a war in Ukraine would've been on the news for 15minutes a night, in the paper a bit(if you bought one) and maybe had a collection on Blue Peter for the orphans. The politicians would be left to sort it and we'd all just get on with our lives.

Nowadays it's all "I stand with Ukraine" 24 hour news, loads of doom mongering, social media videos, WhatsApp messages(if I get another "refugee" meme I'll cry)

• Upvote 3
9 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Back in the day, 80's or 90's, a war in Ukraine would've been on the news for 15minutes a night, in the paper a bit(if you bought one) and maybe had a collection on Blue Peter for the orphans. The politicians would be left to sort it and we'd all just get on with our lives.

Nowadays it's all "I stand with Ukraine" 24 hour news, loads of doom mongering, social media videos, WhatsApp messages(if I get another "refugee" meme I'll cry)

What's your number?

13 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Nowadays...

...you whinge on the internet about something you can easily ignore, if you're so inclined. 

Moaning about something be publicised/discussed, while yourself discussing it is so on brand for you, MB. 

Top interwebbing :trophy:

2 hours ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

Fuck sake. 

How did you get banned?   I posted a comment on Youtube Sky News story with that Russian Foreign spokesperson boot yesterday, that cunt Maria Zakharova, that got deleted - Murderous, lying, ugly fucking cow.  Look at her squirm.   

I thought that was decent patter.  Never got banned. 

Haggard, panda eyed, hoor - 

Hated Ab Fab

Starting to think, as it stands, we're getting further away from an actual widescale European war. 

The Russian military is so bad that it hasn't even made any real headway against a third rate, largely underquipped military and lightly armed civilian population.

Russian thinking has always been a quick sprint to the Rhine, then declare VICTOIRE!... but if this was an attack on Poland towards Fulda, they'd still be stalled somewhere on the Polish border, and the first American units would be landing in France, at which point game over for the Communist Horde. 

And that 40 mile convoy of theirs would be a blazing bonfire of barbequed Russians (See: Iraqi Road of Death).

HOOPA!

spacer.png

• Upvote 1
  • Admin
On 3/2/2022 at 5:43 PM, manboobs109 said:

The more this farce rolls on the more convinced I am it's staged. Why no air strikes? Russia has a huge airforce, why didn't they strike strategic targets prior to the invasion? No it makes more sense to slowly send miles and miles of tanks and trucks to get picked off then get the guy who owns Chelsea to broker peace talks?

The Belarusian guy showing his map that "accidentally" showed plans to invade Moldova, the "crack death squad" that got massacred, it's all pish.

They thought they'd be greeted as liberators and it would be an easy victory for them. They wanted to take over the country (At least the eastern part) without as much collateral damage as possible, as they wanted to keep the country as intact as they could.

To reduce civilian death and collateral damage, you use guided bombs and munitions. Reports seem to suggest Russia don't have much stockpile of guided munitions, so that explains the lack of strategic strikes. (Don't want to destroy infrastructure + lack of guided bombs)

The last few days, Russia seems to have changed strategy. Things are not going well and it's dragging on. They're now using artillery on residential areas and towns. They're no longer going for hearts and minds and not giving a fuck about collateral damage.

Which is why we're now seeing more of their airforce come into play using unguided munitions.

5 hours ago, Parklife said:

...you whinge on the internet about something you can easily ignore, if you're so inclined. 

Moaning about something be publicised/discussed, while yourself discussing it is so on brand for you, MB. 

Top interwebbing :trophy:

Am I whinging? I was trying to put things into perspective. It's a war in a fair away land that won't affect us in any real way.

I heard chat on the wireless about 'how do I explain this to my kids' it's a load of nonsense, just tell the Russia have invaded Ukraine.

• Upvote 1

Anyone fancy a bit of light reading, this is a decent bit of WWIII literature from back in the day. 

Ending is a bit Deus Ex Machina, (even though it's being spoken of as a possibilty) but that aside it's a good read. 

spacer.png

18 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I heard chat on the wireless about 'how do I explain this to my kids' it's a load of nonsense, just tell the Russia have invaded Ukraine.

Agreed. Virtue signalling twats on Facebook updating their picture with the flag of choice this week. If your kids are old enough to watch this shit on the news, they don’t need you to explain it to them. If they are not old enough and are happy watching Peppa Pig or Postman Pat, then they don’t care. 
This war is crazy, but some of the crap out there from the do-gooders is laughable. 

*Note I am not saying the war is laughable. I spoke to a work colleague today who stays in Russia, but comes from Kiev. That was sad.