Ukraine

Ke1t

7 hours ago, Poodler said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-63797240

haha, WW2 rhetoric. Remember when they kept comparing covid to WW2 times. Now the Russians are the nazi’s!! 

not the good nazi’s obviously. The good actual nazi’s are our boys! And I’m fuckin proud to support them 🇺🇦

To be fair it's a reasonable comparison.

"You did not surrender, and we will not surrender," she said.

The first lady said: "Your island survived the air raids that were identical to those Russia uses to put us on our knees.

"We are hearing sirens every day identical to those British generations heard."

I can't see any mention in that article where Russians are compared to Nazis either. It's almost as if you've picked up everything out of context for some sort of warped agenda.

Who'd have thought it?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
47 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Bit of a strange analogy to come up with seeing as Ukraine was occupied by the Nazi's in WW2 in 1941 and most of the population supported it, having been annexed by the Soviet Union 20 odd years earlier

Is it?

She's in Britain. It's what we have in our recent history that's comparable. Being bombed by a country that want to take us over.

As for supporting the Nazis in WW2. What a bizarre take on things. Most of Germany supported the Nazis in WW2 as well. Doesn't mean they all do now.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
7 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Bit of a strange analogy to come up with seeing as Ukraine was occupied by the Nazi's in WW2 in 1941 and most of the population supported it, having been annexed by the Soviet Union 20 odd years earlier

Well, technically they supported what they saw as a liberation by the Germans from the Soviets, rather than it being some kind of national affiliation with the Nazis. 

Pretty quickly they'd change their minds when the actual intentions of the Nazis became clear and something like 4 million Ukrainians got the chop.

The only good thing about the Nazi extermination of Ukrainians was the faintly amusing name of the guy in charge of murders and executions. 

11 hours ago, The Boofon said:

Is it?

She's in Britain. It's what we have in our recent history that's comparable. Being bombed by a country that want to take us over.

As for supporting the Nazis in WW2. What a bizarre take on things. Most of Germany supported the Nazis in WW2 as well. Doesn't mean they all do now.

Recent history? Lol

On 11/30/2022 at 8:51 AM, Sooper-hanz said:

Her comparing the Russians to the Nazis is not exactly subtle. Obvious why she's doing it but is it the best approach ?

I’m no fan of her, she was very critical of the uK a few months back along the lines that we are not doing enough. There are issues in this country’s too, granted not a war but we have people starving and dying too. After a pandemic that busted the economy we are giving them billions we can’t afford. The next generation will be paying for the Ukraine war too.

57 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

I’m no fan of her, she was very critical of the uK a few months back along the lines that we are not doing enough. There are issues in this country’s too, granted not a war but we have people starving and dying too. After a pandemic that busted the economy we are giving them billions we can’t afford. The next generation will be paying for the Ukraine war too.

As we did🇺🇲,half the wokes on here probably weren't paying tax in 2006.🤡

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/britain-pays-off-final-instalment-of-us-loan-after-61-years-430118.html%3famp

2 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Where you fucked up here is not using ‘contemporary’ in the first instance. Poodler and MhD were correct in pulling you up over ‘recent’.

He was desperately scrambling around google looking for a way out, I just left it at that’, he was beat! 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, maryhilldon said:

Eh?  Where are you getting the 100 years figure from? And contemporary doesn't even mean 'recent'. It means 'at the same time', or 'in the present'.

Awkward.

That's what recent history files under Mary. Not getting into a pissing contest over a general remark. Fuck me. I'm the pedantic one apparently. 🙄

First hit on Google gives this link.

I put (recent) in brackets to highlight Piddler's pish. I know what contemporary means.

Contemporary History - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics

• Dildo 1
13 minutes ago, RedArmyFakshun said:

Mrs Zelenska compared Russia's bombardment of Ukrainian cities to Nazi Germany's bombing of the UK during World War Two.

Total pish.  Russia isn't carpet bombing residential areas.

A realistic contemporary comparison is of the NATO bombardment of Yugoslavian infrastructure in 1999.

Here's NATO's justification at the time

FiwTIFhWYAEtCGV?format=png&name=900x900

So are you saying it's okay to target civilian infrastructure or it isnt okay to target civilian infrastructure?

2 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

So are you saying it's okay to target civilian infrastructure or it isnt okay to target civilian infrastructure?

After four months of constant NATO bombardment, undertaken without agreement with the UN security council, Milosoevic was forced to the negotiation table to seek agreement.

Will the same happen here?  Will lives on both sides be saved from the meat grinder as a result?  Does the end justify the means?

What I think doesn't matter;  in Serbia, Bosnia, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria... they are all at it.

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
Just now, Redforever86 said:

Lol.

He's right.   

You are having Pedigree Chum toasties while Billy Bob Shooter McGavin has enough artillery in his shed to fucking fuck up a dozen Chinese high schools. 

4 hours ago, RedArmyFakshun said:

Climbing off the fence to answer your question

I have mixed feelings about the whole affair

Whats happening to the Ukranian people is a major tragedy

But what their leadership have done, in waging an unwinnable war, is unforgiveable

So yeah, lets get this over with pronto

You can't really criticise a nation for defending itself. 

I mean, at all. 

1 minute ago, Ke1t said:

You can't really criticise a nation for defending itself. 

Yes I can.

Because USA staged a coup in 2014 with CIA snipers murdering Maidan protestors which all got blamed on the incumbent president. They then ushered in this celebrity actor poncing for western money laundering interests.

The average punter in central and eastern Ukraine has absolutely no stake in any of this, all they knew was that any money coming into the country from the west was not getting to them, and their local infrastructure was deteriorating rapidly.

They then force these unlucky punters into the meat grinder as if the country has a great patriotic mission.

Its a scam for the west to dispose of their old armament stock, propping up arms manufacturers influential shareholders, and fraudulently siphon huge amounts of western taxpayer money into the bargain.

And that's why they don't want to negotiate any stop to the conflict, in a country that no one gives a shit about.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Poodler said:

He’s very fortunate that the pipeline is now dead and the US will be able to provide Europe with gas. Very fortunate. 

zielinsky still wearing his combat T-shirt? Probably not when he’s wandering about his multi million pound properties in London right enough😂

Imagine the president of a country having enough money to buy nice houses.

Seems implausible.

• Upvote 1
17 hours ago, RedArmyFakshun said:

Yes I can.

Because USA staged a coup in 2014 with CIA snipers murdering Maidan protestors which all got blamed on the incumbent president. They then ushered in this celebrity actor poncing for western money laundering interests.

The average punter in central and eastern Ukraine has absolutely no stake in any of this, all they knew was that any money coming into the country from the west was not getting to them, and their local infrastructure was deteriorating rapidly.

They then force these unlucky punters into the meat grinder as if the country has a great patriotic mission.

Its a scam for the west to dispose of their old armament stock, propping up arms manufacturers influential shareholders, and fraudulently siphon huge amounts of western taxpayer money into the bargain.

And that's why they don't want to negotiate any stop to the conflict, in a country that no one gives a shit about.

That all sounds like a convoluted conspiracy theory thrown out by the FSB, like Nazis, Biolabs, Military buildup, and all the other specious excuses Putin has used to justify his very clear war of aggression. 

And now it comes to light Putin was also planning an attack against Japan, adding to his list of unprovoked attacks on places like Georgia, Transnistria, Donbas, Crimea, Ukraine proper, and sending military forces to Syria, and Kazakhstan. 

Not to mention the de facto soft annexation of Belarus. 

Sooner this Napoleon Complex having baldy gets topped the better for everyone. 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
15 hours ago, Poodler said:

He’s very fortunate that the pipeline is now dead and the US will be able to provide Europe with gas. Very fortunate. 

zielinsky still wearing his combat T-shirt? Probably not when he’s wandering about his multi million pound properties in London right enough😂

Once again, if 'Having a bunch of cash' is a reason to attack a world leader then we can look no further than the bare-chested cavalier being the world's richest man.