Ukraine

Ke1t

11 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Once again, if 'Having a bunch of cash' is a reason to attack a world leader then we can look no further than the bare-chested cavalier being the world's richest man. 

I think the point is that he rode into power on his USA sponsored warhorse on the policy of cleaning up corrupt political office/ offshore accounts and tried to hide his own. Zero integrity. He is not the God we are being told to worship 

3 minutes ago, Poodler said:

I think the point is that he rode into power on his USA sponsored warhorse on the policy of cleaning up corrupt political office/ offshore accounts and tried to hide his own. Zero integrity. He is not the God we are being told to worship 

Let's assume for a minute that he is corrupt. 

Is that reason enough for a genocidal invasion by an even more corrupt neighbour? 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Poodler said:

I never suggested anything of sort 

(about the invasion. I do believe he’s corrupt)

I wasn't suggesting you suggested anything. I wanted clarification that you condemn the invasion of Ukraine. 

You can think whatever you want about Zelensky, that's a separate issue. 

36 minutes ago, Poodler said:

I was speaking about Zelensky, you’ve moved the goalposts. 

I don’t think ever legitimised the invasion of ukraine by Russia. I don’t believe I legitimise it by repeatedly condemning the Ukrainian/ west behaviour/ war machine either. 

The expression 'you piss with the cock you've got' would probably fit. You might not have the leader you wanted, but that's the leader you have. 

Churchill was a genocidal racist smackhead. Did a pretty good job, though. 

Ghandi... refused to eat bacon and wore a nappy. Got the British booted out without firing a shot. 

Whatever Zelensky's personality flaws, he's done a spectacular job of galvanising the Ukrainians against Putin's invasion. 

8 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Whatever Zelensky's personality flaws, he's done a spectacular job of galvanising the Ukrainians against Putin's invasion. 

See now I can’t work out if you’ve been spectacularly trolling us all for months or if you’re being legit!

an effective hat post, in that instance.

1 minute ago, Poodler said:

See now I can’t work out if you’ve been spectacularly trolling us all for months or if you’re being legit!

an effective hat post, in that instance.

You would disagree that a lesser leader would have fled/capitulated in the first few days of the war when Antonov fell and a push to Kiev seemed likely to succeed? 

1 hour ago, RedArmyFakshun said:

galvanising is one word for it

but there is no choice for the common man

all 55+ year old fat men now destined for the meat grinder

"we will fight unto the last ukranian"

total fucking cunt

For some folks bowing down to a wannabe conqueror like Putin isn't an option. 

That's understandable, surely? 

• Upvote 2
23 hours ago, RedArmyFakshun said:

galvanising is one word for it

but there is no choice for the common man

all 55+ year old fat men now destined for the meat grinder

"we will fight unto the last ukranian"

total fucking cunt

That's pretty normal. Through human history whenever a country is faced with an existential war, the common man doesn't get a say. He is given some new clothes and something to hurt the other guys with, and shoved in the direction of the loud noises. Or he is sent to prison. It's part of the social contract.*

At least in a democracy he gets a say in who the leaders are.

* I would imagine, having never read that particular document.