Connor Barron

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Ramadani has been fine.  Handy Shinnie is here before he serves his suspension as our midfield would have been full of holes without him. 

Ramadani and Shinnie with Clarkson ahead is a decent midfield and gets the best out of all of them.  Ramadani will get better once he isn't protecting the defence all on his own and can play a bit more 

What suspension?

5 hours ago, Sydney_Red said:

I’m stuck somewhere between you and millertime (what a horrible thought!) I didn’t even notice Rama at the start of the season, but the more I looked the more I liked, seemed to do a lot of work off the ball, always looking to make himself available etc. but he doesn’t seem to have much end product and he isn’t the type to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Always thought the plan would be him and McCrorie beside each other with a proper 10 in a 4-2-3-1, but our inability to improve our horrific defence has seen everything go to shite - Rama, barron and Clarkson not the answer for me. Interesting to see what happens now, and very looking forward to Rama and shinnie together, but it’s all for nothing if we don’t have a right back who can play football.

It was probably meant to be him and mccrorie in the middle with mccrorie doing the tackling and driving forward with the ball, two things ramadani doesn’t seem to be great at.
When mccrorie was taken out of midfield I thought it exposed ramadani a bit. 
If you watch the last few games or any where we have struggled he takes the ball of Stewart and try’s to recycle it but his range of passing isn’t as good so it would go short again to Barron for instance who would switch the play as he has a far better range of passing. Teams worked that out so when ever Stewart gets the ball they close down ramadani so Stewart would play it long and loose it or play it to ramadani who had a player pressing him and ramadani can’t beat the man so it goes back to Stewart to lose it or scales who can be better on the ball. 

The signing of shinnie will take that pressure of ramadani I’d say, will help him play better and would also help Barron as he can play his own game as they can do the donkey work as he is far better on the ball than both of them 

15 hours ago, thurso said:

Your standards are a lot lower than mine then. 

A lot of games I think he goes hiding, he’s never took hold of a game and dragged us through when we are playing poorly and against the better teams he can look a bit lost. 

He’s only been in the team for a year. He’s still developing. He’s broke into an absolutely shite Aberdeen side. If he broke in a couple years earlier we’d probably have a different looking player on our hands. 

But you have “high standards” and are expecting him to be like Steven Gerrard 

3 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

He’s only been in the team for a year. He’s still developing. He’s broke into an absolutely shite Aberdeen side. If he broke in a couple years earlier we’d probably have a different looking player on our hands. 

But you have “high standards” and are expecting him to be like Steven Gerrard 

He was talking about Ramadani

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Oh dear

apologies to @thurso

i agree with your post!!

obviously couldn’t be arsed reading through the posts and jumped to conclusions haha

ramadani is certainly comfortably in the bottom half of the regular centre mids we’ve had the last 10 years 

😂😂 apologies accepted I was wondering what you were on about I love Barron and don’t know why he gets slagged so much. 

well I have an idea and it’s not because he is seemingly playing so terrible 🤔🤔

1 hour ago, King Street Loon said:

Well he's not exactly playing great. 

Of the midfield 3 he's contributing the least.

Well that’s the thing I don’t think he has contributed the least in the run of games since the World Cup.
Then again none have been great, if the other two were great and he was poor we wouldn’t have lost 4 and drawn 1 of the last 5. 

10 hours ago, thurso said:

😂😂 apologies accepted I was wondering what you were on about I love Barron and don’t know why he gets slagged so much. 

well I have an idea and it’s not because he is seemingly playing so terrible 🤔🤔

Maybe because he isn't committing to us?

All the while turning in turgid,  half-asleep performances

Pretty obvious to me

5 hours ago, Millertime said:

Maybe because he isn't committing to us?

All the while turning in turgid,  half-asleep performances

Pretty obvious to me

First part yes that’s why he’s getting slated because if you watch his performances properly they ain’t any worse than ramadani or clarckson 

1 hour ago, thurso said:

First part yes that’s why he’s getting slated because if you watch his performances properly they ain’t any worse than ramadani or clarckson 

They definitely are.

You could make some allowances in the first few games after his long injury absence but he's really been very poor and even if Shinnie hadn't joined, he could have had no complaints if he had been dropped to the bench anyway.

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

They definitely are.

You could make some allowances in the first few games after his long injury absence but he's really been very poor and even if Shinnie hadn't joined, he could have had no complaints if he had been dropped to the bench anyway.

Neither you or millertime have explained why you think ramadani or clarckson were better. If anything I’d say ramadani was the worst of the 3 as he was the experienced one on the three and should have been helping the others out, talking them through games more. 

Today shinnie showed them what we were lacking in an experienced player 

1 minute ago, thurso said:

Neither you or millertime have explained why you think ramadani or clarckson were better. If anything I’d say ramadani was the worst of the 3 as he was the experienced one on the three and should have been helping the others out, talking them through games more. 

Today shinnie showed them what we were lacking in an experienced player 

Quite simply because Ramadani isn't flash, but even when he's having a bad game, he's still a 5/10 player and never stops trying. But mostly he's a 6 or 7 out of 10.

Clarkson being younger has been a bit more inconsistent. But he's fired in some spectacular goals and when he's playing well he's an 8 or 9 out of 10 player. He's had a couple of stinkers where he's been like a man down but overall he's just contributing far more than Barron

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Quite simply because Ramadani isn't flash, but even when he's having a bad game, he's still a 5/10 player and never stops trying. But mostly he's a 6 or 7 out of 10.

Clarkson being younger has been a bit more inconsistent. But he's fired in some spectacular goals and when he's playing well he's an 8 or 9 out of 10 player. He's had a couple of stinkers where he's been like a man down but overall he's just contributing far more than Barron

I love Clarkson but he is older than Barron do on that assumption should be performing better and more consistent. Apart from a few goals (mostly lovely screamers) should be performing more consistently but dies out of games more. 

Ramadani being a 5/10 player is crap he’s had the odd 7/10 but mostly he’s been average.Today showed why he isn’t as good. Shinnie showed him up 

In the games that the team were crap it was Barron putting effort in running about, never hiding, trying to get on the ball switching play with passes to his own players generally. You can’t say that about ramadani, man would go in hiding when chips are down 

• Dildo 3