The Luis Lopes Thread

8 hours ago, North east Cobian said:

Wow, 12 million pounds 😭😭😂😭😂😭😂

You're not getting me. His value to us is probably £6,000,000. With the 50% sell on clause 12,000,000 is the figure I personally would value him at. 

In effect it makes him priceless, which is fine. We don't have to sell every asset. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, CCB III said:

You're not getting me. His value to us is probably £6,000,000. With the 50% sell on clause 12,000,000 is the figure I personally would value him at. 

In effect it makes him priceless, which is fine. We don't have to sell every asset. 

I see your workings, but 12million isn’t going to happen. Even £6m is a stretch imho. 

I would love to think we could get 8 figures but I think 6m rising to 8m is probably about all we could hope for which is pretty depressing. I think he’s worth more but I dont see teams paying anymore off the back of 1 season. I guess it depends if the club think we can secure him on a longer term deal will decide if they will accept an offer in that ball park. But if we can keep him and he has another great season we could get nearer 8 figures. Ultimately we want him here till January minimum. 

The other long term value in keeping hold of Duk for another season, or longer if possible, is that he will attract young fans. 

My little kids were kind of interested in watching the football, but love Duk and actively want to go again to see him. 

Get exciting players for the Dons and get them hooked for life, keep them away from bloody PSG strips or Saudi ones in the next few years. 

Mon Sir Duk. 

4 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

How do you formulate and arrive at that figure min?🤔

4 hours ago, milne_afc said:

Bullcrap!

He’s had a decent season with aberdeen. We all love him and quite rightly so, just don’t see other clubs offering 4/5 million for a guy who’s had 1 good season in Scotland.

1 hour ago, Andy_123 said:

We'd pocket £1.5m after giving Benfica half.

We pocketed more than that for McCrorie ffs.

No way would we consider selling for £3m

Do you see someone offering 5m+? 

Genuinely! 

7 minutes ago, North east Cobian said:

He’s had a decent season with aberdeen. We all love him and quite rightly so, just don’t see other clubs offering 4/5 million for a guy who’s had 1 good season in Scotland.

Maybe you don’t see it but the boy has pure razzmatazz. If he left for less than a record fee, I’d burn the place to the ground. He’s a once in a lifetime(30-40years) player.

Just now, milne_afc said:

Maybe you don’t see it but the boy has pure razzmatazz. If he left for less than a record fee, I’d burn the place to the ground. He’s a once in a lifetime(30-40years) player.

I do think he’s superb, but if you are the buying club, you aren’t paying way over 5m for an aberdeen player. 

I just don’t see it. 

9 minutes ago, North east Cobian said:

Don’t see any bid being accepted for him either, record season ticket sales, cult hero, kids love him, he’s just settled and just getting started, burrows indicated as much that he wasn’t for sale, only thing I see happening is the club offer him revised terms on his contract for another 2 years, whether he signs that is up for debate, even if he did I can see him playing another season for us then gone. For good money.

53 minutes ago, North east Cobian said:

Newcastle did for Alain Boumsong after just 1/2 season playing for the dead club and actually got him for around £8 million. Truly incredible. Mind you Souness was NUFC manager at the time.

Chelsea did so as well for Odsonne Edouard, if you wish to believe the west coast press and Sky Sports said at the time that is, and submitted a bid of £34 million but never got him in the end.

22 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Newcastle did for Alain Boumsong after just 1/2 season playing for the dead club and actually got him for around £8 million. Truly incredible. Mind you Souness was NUFC manager at the time.

Chelsea did so as well for Odsonne Edouard, if you wish to believe the west coast press and Sky Sports said at the time that id, and submitted a bid of £34 million but never got him in the end.

Both players playing at a bigger club than aberdeen, but I can see your angle. 

Just don’t see a club parting with 5m+ for him. 

44 minutes ago, North east Cobian said:

I do think he’s superb, but if you are the buying club, you aren’t paying way over 5m for an aberdeen player. 

I just don’t see it. 

We've recently sold 2 defenders for close to that, and may get more than £5m for each in the end, with add ons. 

Attackers are worth more than defenders.

55 minutes ago, North east Cobian said:

Do you see someone offering 5m+? 

Genuinely! 

They’ll need to.

We’ll drive a harder bargain knowing we’ll have to hand over 50% to Benfica.

I think folk saying £10m & the likes are being unrealistic though. 
Clubs in Scotland out with the filth just don’t get close to £10m. 

We’ll deal at lower than that. 

Pure guesswork but I’d think if a club offers £6m (with add ons!) we’ll bite, albeit effectively getting only £3m for Duk seems like robbery.