The Luis Lopes Thread

1 hour ago, North east Cobian said:

Do you see someone offering 5m+? 

Genuinely! 

It doesn’t matter what somebody else would offer. We wouldn’t have qualified for Europe without him, ergo wouldn’t be in line to make £5m ish from those games next season.

So to us he’s worth £5m, which is a £10m bid due to Benfica’s sell on clause

Unless it's a ridiculous fee, and by that I mean 8 figures, then we shouldn't even consider selling Duk.

He is worth more to the club than a few million quid, keeping him for the duration of his contract could be worth another £10-£15m in Euro qualifier prize money, he's that good. He can be the game changer that wins us points in tight games on his own and added to that he's the type of player that gets you off your seat, surely that's what going along to Pittodrie is all about after all, he's box office at our level. Those types of players are few and far between in the market we are operating, there's no guarantee we could replace him even if the funds from his sale were freed up.

If he was to come forward and hand in a transfer request then it might be different but I'd sooner have him leave for nothing in a few years and enjoy him in an Aberdeen shirt in that time, hopefully lifting a couple of trophies in the process, than cash in for the sake of £2-3m now or in January. 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, VinegarStrokes said:

Unless it's a ridiculous fee, and by that I mean 8 figures, then we shouldn't even consider selling Duk.

He is worth more to the club than a few million quid, keeping him for the duration of his contract could be worth another £10-£15m in Euro qualifier prize money, he's that good. He can be the game changer that wins us points in tight games on his own and added to that he's the type of player that gets you off your seat, surely that's what going along to Pittodrie is all about after all, he's box office at our level. Those types of players are few and far between in the market we are operating, there's no guarantee we could replace him even if the funds from his sale were freed up.

If he was to come forward and hand in a transfer request then it might be different but I'd sooner have him leave for nothing in a few years and enjoy him in an Aberdeen shirt in that time, hopefully lifting a couple of trophies in the process, than cash in for the sake of £2-3m now or in January. 

I agree he is worth that much to us. The club might have promised if a certain fee comes in for him then they won’t stand in his way. It’s how we are in the market these days being a selling club. It’s how we will sign more players in the future. 

56 minutes ago, VinegarStrokes said:

Agreed whats the point in selling for £5 million when keeping him could get us Europa League football that would see us get £8 million without win/ draw bonuses plus playing and doing well at that level would really rise his valuation.  But yeah the reality for all Scottish clubs even those in glasgow is that they are now selling clubs.  15 years ago one or both of the cheeks would have signed him for £2 million or something, nowadays they are priced out of it as clubs won't accept peanuts anymore

2 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Has it actually been confirmed by the club that Duk and Ramadani have been given extended leave ?  Hopefully both will pitch up for a couple of days in Portugal.  

You’d think they’d just meet up after going back to Aberdeen & start training next Monday with an eye on the friendly the weekend after? 

No rush & they only stopped playing a couple of weeks ago. 

7 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

They’ll need to.

We’ll drive a harder bargain knowing we’ll have to hand over 50% to Benfica.

I think folk saying £10m & the likes are being unrealistic though. 
Clubs in Scotland out with the filth just don’t get close to £10m. 

We’ll deal at lower than that. 

Pure guesswork but I’d think if a club offers £6m (with add ons!) we’ll bite, albeit effectively getting only £3m for Duk seems like robbery.

Would we have got Duk if we hadn't agreed to 50% discount? 

13 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

It doesn’t matter what somebody else would offer. We wouldn’t have qualified for Europe without him, ergo wouldn’t be in line to make £5m ish from those games next season.

So to us he’s worth £5m, which is a £10m bid due to Benfica’s sell on clause

We aren’t getting 10 million. I think you are getting carried away. He’s had a great season for aberdeen, doesn’t make him a 10 million player. 

6 hours ago, alscotoz said:

Would we have got Duk if we hadn't agreed to 50% discount? 

Exactly. That won’t dictate the buyers offer to make sure aberdeen get 50% more. There could easy be a minimum fee release clause to stop us pricing him out of the market. 

17 minutes ago, North east Cobian said:

Exactly. That won’t dictate the buyers offer to make sure aberdeen get 50% more. There could easy be a minimum fee release clause to stop us pricing him out of the market. 

Your first point is irrelevant, as unless we're actively looking to flog him this summer (which i dont think we are), it's not our problem what other clubs value Duk at.  In fact that's what makes me confident he won't be going anywhere .

However, your second point is valid and a concern, albeit pure speculation. 

I see the club have posted a video about what celebrations Miovski and Duk will be doing  together next season.

It's unlikely they would do that if there was any chance of selling them.

Another season of silky skills, hun bashing and a new European adventure. Settle down. It's going to be great.

Duk is a wonderful footballer. Lets enjoy it for as long as we can.

• Upvote 4
2 hours ago, North east Cobian said:

We aren’t getting 10 million. I think you are getting carried away. He’s had a great season for aberdeen, doesn’t make him a 10 million player. 

I’m not getting carried away because I don’t want to sell him.

He’s worth more to us staying here for a few seasons and leaving on a free at the end of his contract than we’d be able to sell him for, but that doesn’t mean the logic behind calculating his value to us at £10m ish is wrong.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

I’m not getting carried away because I don’t want to sell him.

He’s worth more to us staying here for a few seasons and leaving on a free at the end of his contract than we’d be able to sell him for, but that doesn’t mean the logic behind calculating his value to us at £10m ish is wrong.

The value won’t be dictated by the 50% to benfica, it’ll be dictated by the buying club, which will be 5m tops. Not a chance aberdeen are turning down 5million. Just because there’s a 50% clause installed into the deal, doesn’t mean aberdeen get market value AND benfica. 

If we do expect the whole value to us, and benfica, our talismanic duk, might become dissatisfied in the north east and stop performing. 

Id be stunned if aberdeen will ever turn down 5million for a player. Didn’t he cost £425k? 

Just now, North east Cobian said:

The value won’t be dictated by the 50% to benfica, it’ll be dictated by the buying club, which will be 5m tops. Not a chance aberdeen are turning down 5million. Just because there’s a 50% clause installed into the deal, doesn’t mean aberdeen get market value AND benfica. 

If we do expect the whole value to us, and benfica, our talismanic duk, might become dissatisfied in the north east and stop performing. 

Id be stunned if aberdeen will ever turn down 5million for a player. Didn’t he cost £425k? 

You seem to be pretty adamant (obsessed even) with us getting the minimal amount possible for the mighty Duk 🤣

He’s going nowhere this window unless we get a club record fee (AFTER Benfica get their cut) otherwise Cormack would get slaughtered.

We don’t have to accept any fee, regardless of what any ‘buying club’ thinks he’s worth. Unless there is a release fee clause that none of us know about but I’m damn sure we would have heard that by now & countless more clubs would be rumoured/interested if there was a set ‘release/forced sell’ fee. Agent would 100% have leaked that by now

3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

You seem to be pretty adamant (obsessed even) with us getting the minimal amount possible for the mighty Duk 🤣

He’s going nowhere this window unless we get a club record fee (AFTER Benfica get their cut) otherwise Cormack would get slaughtered.

We don’t have to accept any fee, regardless of what any ‘buying club’ thinks he’s worth. Unless there is a release fee clause that none of us know about but I’m damn sure we would have heard that by now & countless more clubs would be rumoured/interested if there was a set ‘release/forced sell’ fee. Agent would 100% have leaked that by now

Obsessed 🫡😂

4 minutes ago, North east Cobian said:

I doubt we paid £425k and also agreed to a 50% sell on clause. It'll either have been a free transfer with 50% sell on or we paid cash for him and the sell on clause is lower. Have the club ever confirmed what the deal was? I know there's been rumours and Duk himself mentioned something about the 50% but  wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't know all the intricacies of the deal between the Dons and Benfica.

10 minutes ago, North east Cobian said:

The value will be dictated by us, because he’s our player.

Why are you so determined to convince everybody we’ll sell him for less than he’s worth to the club? 

5 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

The value will be dictated by us, because he’s our player.

Why are you so determined to convince everybody we’ll sell him for less than he’s worth to the club? 

Because I’m obsessed. 

Ok, watch us get 15million for him 😝.

Nobody will pay that for him, and he’ll leave on a free, but hey we stuck to our guns. 

Jesus wept. 

2 minutes ago, Oregon Red said:

Is this 50% Benfica thing correct?  Do we know this. I thought the reason we paid a substantial fee 400 k was to avoid what Hibs went through with their Benfica signing?

Thought we paid a ‘smaller fee’ with said 50% sell on rather than bigger fee & Hibs were the ones that paid the ‘bigger’ fee to avoid bigger sell on?

3 minutes ago, North east Cobian said:

Because I’m obsessed. 

You’re making a joke of the ‘insinuation’ now but you are the one that is making most comments about us getting next to fk all value for him compared to anyone else 🤔 so I’ll rephrase it to you being the ‘most obsessed’ about the whole saga ‘in terms of most negative outlook’ 🤷

Ryan kent and Alfredo Moreles two examples of decent players, on par with the DUK, over priced from their club and left for nothing. 

Case closed. 

Better the devil you know. 

60% of the time, I’m correct all the time.

3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

You’re making a joke of the ‘insinuation’ now but you are the one that is making most comments about us getting next to fk all value for him compared to anyone else 🤔 so I’ll rephrase it to you being the ‘most obsessed’ about the whole saga ‘in terms of most negative outlook’ 🤷

Away and pop a dildo on your head.