The Luis Lopes Thread

Just now, fine-n-dandy said:

Thought we paid a ‘smaller fee’ with said 50% sell on rather than bigger fee & Hibs were the ones that paid the ‘bigger’ fee to avoid bigger sell on?

Las summer when they signed Tavares and we signed Duk it was suggested that Hibs paid no money for Tavares but had a large sell on (50%) and we paid a fee (£400k) for Duk in order to remove or reduce any sell on clause. I just can't see we would have paid £400k which for us is a big transfer and also agreed to them taking 50% of any future transfer.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, North east Cobian said:

Ryan kent and Alfredo Moreles two examples of decent players, on par with the DUK, over priced from their club and left for nothing. 

Case closed. 

Better the devil you know. 

60% of the time, I’m correct all the time.

Any chance you could start making some sense when you post?

• Upvote 1
Just now, Reed or deed said:

Any chance you could start making some sense when you post?

You can interpret my posts with ease, you are choosing to be confused.

What can’t you fathom? 

1 minute ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Pish. They are two examples of players who were decent but spat the dummy out. Their own fans turned against them and were happy to see them leave. They’re also a few years older and more than likely already peaked.
Not like Duk at all. 

No personality wise, value wise. Stop trying to be offended. 

Both would be valued similar to DUK, but their club put an unrealistic value on them. 

Ergo, nobody bought them, they left for nothing. 

I don’t understand why everyone’s so upset by this 😂

21 minutes ago, North east Cobian said:

Ryan kent and Alfredo Moreles two examples of decent players, on par with the DUK, over priced from their club and left for nothing. 

Case closed. 

I don't understand your logic, would you prefer to lose Duk for a few million now or have him play for us for a couple more seasons potentially helping us qualify for Europe again and/or win a couple of cups and then he leaves on a free? 

I don't understand why anyone gives a shit about the fees we could bring in for him unless they're on a cut, its not like the club is in danger and desperate for cash or Duk is agitating for a move. We don't need to sell all our players, we are a fitba club at the end of the day, I assumed keeping as many of our best players for as long as possible would trump a couple of million in the accounts.

1 hour ago, Sheep Shagger said:

I see the club have posted a video about what celebrations Miovski and Duk will be doing  together next season.

It's unlikely they would do that if there was any chance of selling them.

Another season of silky skills, hun bashing and a new European adventure. Settle down. It's going to be great.

Duk is a wonderful footballer. Lets enjoy it for as long as we can.

As much as I hope this is the case, I wouldn't put too much stock in any light-hearted pre-season content the club puts out on its socials.

I imagine a lot of the time the media team isn't in the loop about transfers in or out until it comes to the stage of drafting a statement or putting together an announcement video. They might hear whispers because they're in the building but I doubt they are regularly briefed.

• Upvote 1

At this point I would have Duk see out contract. He wins games. 

If all we become is a feeder team for anyone its shite. Don't mind folk moving on,but they should be trying to give us couple of seasons to shift upwards,compete and hopefully win some stuff. Professional will always want to go upwards but we're big enough and doing well enough at the moment to suggest the grass ain't greener. 

I really wish someone could clarify this 50% stuff,I asked about that way back on this and was assured it was nonsense. If we paid anything he's paid that off and now we get bonus fitba from him ;0)

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Las summer when they signed Tavares and we signed Duk it was suggested that Hibs paid no money for Tavares but had a large sell on (50%) and we paid a fee (£400k) for Duk in order to remove or reduce any sell on clause. I just can't see we would have paid £400k which for us is a big transfer and also agreed to them taking 50% of any future transfer.

Was it not ‘confirmed’ last January time (roughly) in the P&J & a few other rags that there was a very high sell on % agreed with Benfica for us to get him ‘relatively’ cheaper?

Hibs got their man cheaper mostly because he was deemed more shite 🤣

9 minutes ago, thegodfuzzy said:

At this point I would have Duk see out contract. He wins games. 

If all we become is a feeder team for anyone its shite. Don't mind folk moving on,but they should be trying to give us couple of seasons to shift upwards,compete and hopefully win some stuff. Professional will always want to go upwards but we're big enough and doing well enough at the moment to suggest the grass ain't greener. 

I really wish someone could clarify this 50% stuff,I asked about that way back on this and was assured it was nonsense. If we paid anything he's paid that off and now we get bonus fitba from him ;0)

Record were one of the rags that claimed it. Even going as far as to say the player himself confirmed the 50% sell on.

Also stories of himself getting a fairly high part of any fee lol

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/duks-aberdeen-transfer-sell-revealed-29733859.amp

Duk, speaking to O Jogo, confirmed: “I have a contract with Aberdeen for two more seasons, until June 2025. Benfica has 50% of my transfer. But right now I'm very happy here. I'm enjoying it a lot and I'm in no rush to leave here. I'm focused on Aberdeen and what I want is to keep scoring goals.”

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, North east Cobian said:

Case closed. 

Yet won the hun cunts the league and got them into the Champions League.

Duk staying is likely the difference between us obtaining group stage European football next year or not, ergo he's worth a lot more to us than 50% of £4 or 5 million.

• Upvote 3
1 minute ago, VinegarStrokes said:

I don't understand your logic, would you prefer to lose Duk for a few million now or have him play for us for a couple more seasons potentially helping us qualify for Europe again and/or win a couple of cups and then he leaves on a free? 

I don't understand why anyone gives a shit about the fees we could bring in for him unless they're on a cut, its not like the club is in danger and desperate for cash or Duk is agitating for a move. We don't need to sell all our players, we are a fitba club at the end of the day, I assumed keeping as many of our best players for as long as possible would trump a couple of million in the accounts.

I’ve no stradegee, just merely pointing out a realistic valuation. I don’t play championship manager like some 😂

But my gut instinct is we are a selling club, I’m sure I’ve heard diamond Dave say we are. 

If that is correct, I’d hedge my bets we will sell our best asset. 

Tampons at the ready…..

3 minutes ago, NEM said:

Yet won the hun cunts the league and got them into the Champions League.

Duk staying is likely the difference between us obtaining group stage European football next year or not, ergo he's worth a lot more to us than 50% of £4 or 5 million.

It’s a bloody gamble, thankfully not my decisions to make. 

Just now, fine-n-dandy said:

Was it not ‘confirmed’ last January time (roughly) in the P&J & a few other rags that there was a very high sell on % agreed with Benfica for us to get him ‘relatively’ cheaper?

Hibs got their man cheaper mostly because he was deemed more shite 🤣

Don't know what to believe to be honest, last summer when he signed pretty much all the press reports stated we'd paid a fee of up to £400k.... in April Duk mentioned the 50% in an interview, but would he actually know what clauses there were in the transfer if they're not actually part of his contract and then shortly after that Goodwin stated that we'd not paid anything for him.

Facts about us getting by far the better player from Benfica though 😂

14 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

My point was your comparison to those two Huns is not valid.

It is though, when you have people saying can’t accept if it’s not above £10m 😂

9 minutes ago, North east Cobian said:

It is though, when you have people saying can’t accept if it’s not above £10m 😂

That’s fair enough 🤷 if we don’t receive a record fee ‘after Benficas cut’ then we don’t sell. Simple as that.

So it would need to be an 8 figure fee for that to happen pretty much.

You’re saying we’ll deal at any fee around £4/£5m but we won’t (this window) not unless it’s ridiculously more. 
January window is a different matter all together. That could see us accepting a more reduced fee closer to you’re negative presumptions 😉

10 minutes ago, North east Cobian said:

I’ve no stradegee, just merely pointing out a realistic valuation. I don’t play championship manager like some 😂

But my gut instinct is we are a selling club, I’m sure I’ve heard diamond Dave say we are. 

If that is correct, I’d hedge my bets we will sell our best asset. 

Tampons at the ready…..

Of course we are a selling club, almost every club no matter which league they play in is a selling club if the number is right. The club are going down the path of spending more in the football budget and recouping the overspend by player trading, that doesn't mean we bite at the first offer.

Cormack's vision of 15k season ticket holders needs us to maintain a strong team on the park, nobody's buying an ST to cheer on a balance sheet. He's also an astute businessman, he'll know himself it makes no sense commercially to cash in for £2-3m when Duk is key to achieving the goals of regular European qualification/high league placings over the next few years. If it's simply down to cash then keeping him is a no brainer, obviously the caveat to that is the player having his head turned or there being a set release clause as you mentioned.

• Upvote 2

Some folk need to manage their expectations on transfer fees.

Look at the Ferguson situation and take note. A respectable initial fee followed by a tidy sell on clause fee when they inevitably move on from whomever we're initially selling them too. That's why selling Ramadani to Lecce for over 10 times the price we paid for him wouldn't be an awful move at all. If he plays well at Lecce and gets a move to a bigger club for5- 10 times what Lecce paid for him bonus £££ for us. It's not ideal granted but it is what it is. For all we know Duk & Miovski might have 2nd season slump... The Barron effect... Selling these players to clubs who have done exactly the same as us (putting the players in the shop window and selling for a profit) is exactly the way to go to get the best return of investment on players.

12 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

That’s fair enough 🤷 if we don’t receive a record fee ‘after Benficas cut’ then we don’t sell. Simple as that.

So it would need to be an 8 figure fee for that to happen pretty much.

You’re saying we’ll deal at any fee around £4/£5m but we won’t (this window) not unless it’s ridiculously more. 
January window is a different matter all together. That could see us accepting a more reduced fee closer to you’re negative presumptions 😉

Just trying keep everyone’s feet in the ground. This isn’t a video game. 

Also can’t agree with the notion the selling fee will be double than value because of the benfica clause.

Happy to be proved wrong and Luis Lopez goes to Saudi for 30m 

14 minutes ago, Rabiusmaximus said:

Just sold Duk for £10.5m c/w 25% sell on, on FM 2023 and Benfica had no sell on fee either...so seems like that settles that argument. 

Ps get me in charge, I'll get the best deal.

PPS. Above never actually happened, I'm talking out my arse.

Also, Alan Burrows ended up resigning at end of season. P&J quoted "I was mentally exhausted having to continually reply to 13 year old supporters on twitter asking why I never took Duk and Ramandani on holiday to Portugal. The straw that broke the camel's back was when my own son asked me, just as I was on the last page of Good Night Tractor"

2 hours ago, North east Cobian said:

Because I’m obsessed. 

Ok, watch us get 15million for him 😝.

Nobody will pay that for him, and he’ll leave on a free, but hey we stuck to our guns. 

Jesus wept. 

Where has £15m come from? I said £10m is what we should be asking for because he’s worth at least £5m to us, which is all we’d stand to get.

You are busy shooting down everyone providing reasonable logic behind asking for a big transfer fee, while offer nothing to substantiate why you think the club would accept £3m. 

At this point you’re either trolling (quite well given the amount of replies), or you’re a bit of an idiot. 

15 minutes ago, Rabiusmaximus said:

At the end of the day, no one will know what we get for him as it would be announced as "undisclosed"...queue more panty soaking

Yeah but if Benfica ‘disclose’ what they get we’ll be able to multiply their fee by 2 & half it

Simples

1 hour ago, Rabiusmaximus said:

Just sold Duk for £10.5m c/w 25% sell on, on FM 2023 and Benfica had no sell on fee either...so seems like that settles that argument. 

Ps get me in charge, I'll get the best deal.

PPS. Above never actually happened, I'm talking out my arse.

2 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Yeah but if Benfica ‘disclose’ what they get we’ll be able to multiply their fee by 2 & half it

Simples

See above, already mentioned that there is no Benfica sell on. ITK