Dons In Europe - 2023/24

7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Fuck me, this looks pretty difficult.

A bit speculative just now, but gives us a fair idea of the standard. 

Europa League would be even harder. 

In the conference we could get Juventus, Fenerbache & Sparta Prague. 

Dynamo Kyiv , Fenerbahce and Maccabi Haifa

Between war , earthquakes and terrorism we’ve got all the angles covered for the Group of Death ….literally.

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Fuck me, this looks pretty difficult.

A bit speculative just now, but gives us a fair idea of the standard. 

Europa League would be even harder. 

In the conference we could get Juventus, Fenerbache & Sparta Prague. 

Juve, Villa, AEK Athens and Aberdeen.

Would take that but hope we are in the Europa.

22 minutes ago, englishred said:

Financially europa would be better especially if we can get a win and a couple of draws. Even in the conference league last year hearts got more money winning two games than they would have winning both domestic cups!

Europa is better for 3 teams progressing which would make every game a cup final all the way through

13 hours ago, englishred said:

Financially europa would be better especially if we can get a win and a couple of draws. Even in the conference league last year hearts got more money winning two games than they would have winning both domestic cups!

Surely we want to see us up against the best quality teams in the group stages. It's 16 years since we last played group stage football so who knows when we may get another chance to play in the group stages?

Winnable play-off tie please then bring on the quality.

• Upvote 4
5 hours ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Surely we want to see us up against the best quality teams in the group stages. It's 16 years since we last played group stage football so who knows when we may get another chance to play in the group stages?

Absolutely well said

9 hours ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Well, we want one divvy team so we're third at worst.

39 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Looking at the potential draws should we somehow get into Europa groups, it would be some achievement to even finish in 3rd place. Only teams that I would fancy us ‘confidently’ is the ones in our own pot 🤣

We can beat anyone in a one off game at pittodrie

1 hour ago, Theyorkshirered said:

Does anyone know if we are a seeded team or unseeded team for the draw?

If we are unseeded, I'm taking we would play at home first? 

Need to give a month notice for holiday for work and I'm not missing out on the away tie

In Europa Play Off round there is not seeds as such.

Random draw for home or away.

24 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Lol.

Anyone? 
Really?

Come on now. 

We can do another Copenhagen if its on and who is to say the opposition will need a result in each game.

Maybe not anyone but plenty of the teams in these group stages, and not all of them will play every game as a cup final.

I wouldnt look in to Hearts campaign much as they knew they were out at half time in the first game as they were being skudded about 3-0 by the Turks and knew Fiorentina were there, and that it was only 2 teams progressing. 3 Teams progressing would be a completely different mind set

• Upvote 1

I posted in the Europa League section but I'll add here that the process to determine our Europa League Play Off opponent kicks off this week with the draws for CL-Q1 tomorrow and CL-Q2 on Wednesday.

The draw for EL-PO itself is not until August 7th but unless we draw Lugano then there is a high chance we won't know our actual opponent until the evening of August 17th. That would only give us 1 week until the 1st leg of our tie on August 24th.

29 minutes ago, Medw1311 said:

I posted in the Europa League section but I'll add here that the process to determine our Europa League Play Off opponent kicks off this week with the draws for CL-Q1 tomorrow and CL-Q2 on Wednesday.

The draw for EL-PO itself is not until August 7th but unless we draw Lugano then there is a high chance we won't know our actual opponent until the evening of August 17th. That would only give us 1 week until the 1st leg of our tie on August 24th.

Doesn’t give the ‘half n half’ scarfers much time 

48 minutes ago, Medw1311 said:

Heading there first week August. Will suss out bars, hookers, local dealers and report back just in case we draw them.