January Transfer Window 😂

Toondon

1 minute ago, TerryMcDermott said:

Considering our league position, it’s a bold statement to run with the squad you have and make zero tweaks. Surely we’ll see a couple in. 

I get this perspective, but a huge reason we've struggled is a refusal to rotate what is a bloated squad, and a refusal to change formation and or style of play. 

It appears he's changed his mind on both. 

Hopefully a winger for either side will come in. If we're playing this way that has to be a priority Imo. Even if he starts with the narrow 3 in behind Miovski, there'll be times we need to stretch games. 

I still think he's mental not playing Duk off that left hand side, where he did so much of his best stuff for us last season. 

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

Is that the same Football Monitoring Board of which non have actually played football at a decent level? 

To be completely fair, Willie Garner played for Aberdeen & Celtic.

That said, he should be nowhere near the “FMB”, for other reasons. 

The others?… Comical that they’re involved in football related decision making. 

32 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

To be completely fair, Willie Garner played for Aberdeen & Celtic.

That said, he should be nowhere near the “FMB”, for other reasons. 

The others?… Comical that they’re involved in football related decision making. 

Thought the FMB was Cormack, Milne and Gunn. Don’t think Gardner is on it but could be wrang

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, TerryMcDermott said:

Considering our league position, it’s a bold statement to run with the squad you have and make zero tweaks. Surely we’ll see a couple in. 

The club have made clear that anyone coming in has to come in and improve the team. Not looking for squad fillers. There's the get out when we don't sign anyone. 

There's obviously still doubts over Robsons position from some within the club. If it's true that he had to be told to ditch the back 3/5 then would you trust him with more money?

That's then where the lack of ruthlessness comes in. Because the longer he stays in position the weaker we actually become. They either had to back him or sack him. Unfortunately, they've done what they always do and done fuck all.

The club is a rudderless ship right now. 

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I’d hope we’ve made enquiries about Rocco Vata 

Out of contract in the summer, Rodgers seemed to indicate he wasn’t close to signing a new one 

With the likes of Bologna and I think another couple of serie A teams circling think we may be out the race , but with Italian government stopping the tax breaks for foreign players we could be in with a very small chance 

• Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Out of contract in the summer, Rodgers seemed to indicate he wasn’t close to signing a new one 

I said this the other day to my brother. Can see Bologna and some other Italian clubs are interested, means he can bypass us and get to that level instantly. 

Would be a great one if we really tried, though. 

48 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

The 20% extra on him makes the deal quite tough to make.

3 hours ago, CCB III said:

I get this perspective, but a huge reason we've struggled is a refusal to rotate what is a bloated squad, and a refusal to change formation and or style of play. 

It appears he's changed his mind on both. 

Hopefully a winger for either side will come in. If we're playing this way that has to be a priority Imo. Even if he starts with the narrow 3 in behind Miovski, there'll be times we need to stretch games. 

I still think he's mental not playing Duk off that left hand side, where he did so much of his best stuff for us last season. 

Agree, except I don’t think the squad is really bloated- unbalanced though definitely.

• Upvote 1

Some twitter account has said us and Hearts are interested in taking somebody called Miguel Freckleton. Then of course that banger Agent Alba jumped on the bandwagon so probably utter shite but since there's nothing else to talk about we may aswelk slate this one. 

Plays in the National League for Chesterfield on loan from Sheffield United.

10 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Some twitter account has said us and Hearts are interested in taking somebody called Miguel Freckleton. Then of course that banger Agent Alba jumped on the bandwagon so probably utter shite but since there's nothing else to talk about we may aswelk slate this one. 

Richardson mark 2, stats are almost the same at the exactly the same level.... 

13 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Always making a mountain out of a molehill, that guy 

1 minute ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Probably exactly what will happen. 

Barry won’t be able to resist returning to 3 at the back.

3/5 at the back's in the post. Only reason he switched is because the pressure was on after the St Mirren game. Couple of decent results and he'll switch back. Robson doesn't see out the season and the FMB already know it.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Will we finally get a signing this week? Read over the weekend we're the only Premier League team not to have made a signing so far in this window.

Depends who the other teams have signed. It doesn’t matter how bad we’ve been I’d rather sign no one than Andy Halliday 

Find it bizarre if Cormack isn’t sanctioning any signings just because he doesn’t trust Robson.

If you don’t trust him just sack him and allow the new manager to make one or two additions to the squad, he’s effectively setting Robson up to fail and he made the exact same mistake the other year with Glass

• Upvote 2
6 hours ago, Willo flood said:

Find it bizarre if Cormack isn’t sanctioning any signings just because he doesn’t trust Robson.

If you don’t trust him just sack him and allow the new manager to make one or two additions to the squad, he’s effectively setting Robson up to fail and he made the exact same mistake the other year with Glass

The problem is we are 8th he is already invested heavily in Robsons squad and not seen a return yet , just sporadic good displays in Europe and we scraped to a cup final , cormack is probably holding off investing in the squad see if Barry can turn it around if not then it’s a bigger pot for someone else in the summer , at the very least he may sanction a couple of loans or getting guys on pre contracts 

9 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Not what I had in mind when told we are signing players that go straight into our starting 11.

1 hour ago, Baaaaa heid said:

The problem is we are 8th he is already invested heavily in Robsons squad and not seen a return yet , just sporadic good displays in Europe and we scraped to a cup final , cormack is probably holding off investing in the squad see if Barry can turn it around if not then it’s a bigger pot for someone else in the summer , at the very least he may sanction a couple of loans or getting guys on pre contracts 

You've just about nailed it on the head min.

I would go further and suggest that Robson was given a rocket post the St Mirren defeat, hence the sudden use of 4 at the back.

This thread is very much a redundant waste of time, as long as the stupid fuckers running the club don't sell key player(s) before the window shuts.

16 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

You've just about nailed it on the head min.

I would go further and suggest that Robson was given a rocket post the St Mirren defeat, hence the sudden use of 4 at the back.

This thread is very much a redundant waste of time, as long as the stupid fuckers running the club don't sell key player(s) before the window shuts.

The problem is money talks and if someone meets our valuation of any of our players sadly they will be gone barring them turning the move down and staying 

1 hour ago, slippers said:

Not what I had in mind when told we are signing players that go straight into our starting 11.

When you look at how badly the squad has been mismanaged then it's no surprise that we aren't even looking like we are signing anyone. It's like being back at McInnes and Glass January windows. Cormack gave them fuck all then binned them after the window closed. This is precisely where we are heading and I'm surprised there are still fans out there that cant see it.