Next Manager

1 hour ago, HaarDon said:

He led them to promotion back to the Scottish Premiership in his first season as head coach, and European qualification in his second season, before leaving Hibernian in January 2019.

No one is doubting his ability (at least from the slim pickings we have) to get us out of this particular hole.  In fact given the last18 months the players almost deserve a taste of him.

Thats not the issue most have however.

12 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

No one is doubting his ability (at least from the slim pickings we have) to get us out of this particular hole.  In fact given the last18 months the players almost deserve a decent a taste of him.

I doubt his ability as a manager and more generally, as a decent human being.

14 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

No one is doubting his ability (at least from the slim pickings we have) to get us out of this particular hole.  In fact given the last18 months the players almost deserve a decent a taste of him.

Agreed.

As I said, I'd prefer someone else but since we are getting rejected by a few, maybe it's time to go with his experience.

And maybe he's changed 😁

4 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

Agreed.

As I said, I'd prefer someone else but since we are getting rejected by a few, maybe it's time to go with his experience.

And maybe he's changed 😁

Could we start a rumour “sorry truth” that we’ve knocked back 50 candidates as not good enough for us! It’s the same really as this story we’ve been rejected 

31 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Pop corn teeth is a fucking liability when we need stability, He would do well in the short term but nae worth the drama and the search for another manager in 2 - 3 seasons

• Upvote 1
45 minutes ago, RUL said:

Be interesting if O’Neill was the one burrows thought he had Thursday. 

According to the Harildur,  it was.  With minijc and slippers recent posts it very much sounds like it was very very close to being agreed and fallen through at last minute.  Scott Burns saying he was never offered it or turned us down doesn’t do himself any favours 

• Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Maybe refresh 

No joy unfortunately, the deadly C0rm@ck(D@V.3) Virus seems to have infected all aspects of the internal control system. Total system rebuild required imo.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

According to the Harildur,  it was.  With minijc and slippers recent posts it very much sounds like it was very very close to being agreed and fallen through at last minute.  Scott Burns saying he was never offered it or turned us down doesn’t do himself any favours 

Why would Burns try to say that against Sky Sports, and others?

Wonder what Thelin’s salary and release fee is, at Elfsborg?

If Cormack was prepared to pay Derek wages for MoN plus a huge compensation fee, then surely we could afford to prise the Swede away from his current employer, even if their season is just about to start.

Just now, sooth_stander said:

If Cormack was prepared to pay Derek wages for MoN plus a huge compensation fee, then surely we could afford to prise the Swede away from his current employer?

He’s got to have some interest in the job for that to work. Backwards step for him at the moment, lost the league by a ballhair last season, Europe this season, heavy investment in the squad over the close season to go for the league again. 

3 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

If Cormack was prepared to pay Derek wages for MoN plus a huge compensation fee, then surely we could afford to prise the Swede away from his current employer, even if their season is just about to start.

I don't think money is the issue with him, he's probably still affronted from us picking Robson over him last year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Or we were never interested 

Maybe but I’d say my theory is more likely, Tosh has just admitted O’Neil was the name he was told. Putting all our eggs in one basket for a mediocre manager only for him to turn us down after weeks chasing him is right up Cormack’s street. Then tell everyone we didn’t even want him anyway. 

• Upvote 1