Next Manager

14 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Why would Burns try to say that against Sky Sports, and others?

If he had just left it at “is not under consideration”  he would have been correct as at the point he tweeted he wasn’t.  But to go and say that he wasn’t offered or turned it down is a bit odd.  
Unless he does know something else, but I find that now rather hard to believe.   I suspect if we haven’t heard anything by Monday/Tuesday then we really are back to square one.   

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Why would Burns try to say that against Sky Sports, and others?

I guess you have to read between the lines. When burns tweeted he’s not a candidate he was no longer a candidate so it’s technically correct. I think the club are trying to push the narrative that he was never a candidate which wasnt the case. The club spoke to both the IFA and O’Neil. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

If he had just left it at “is not under consideration”  he would have been correct as at the point he tweeted he wasn’t.  But to go and say that he wasn’t offered or turned it down is a bit odd.  
Unless he does know something else, but I find that now rather hard to believe.   I suspect if we haven’t heard anything by Monday/Tuesday then we really are back to square one.   

I think that’s probably correct on a technicality too. He wasn’t offered the gig as we couldn’t agree fee. Talks went well with O’Neil but again on technicality he probably wasn’t offered the job to turn down. 

When I first read it I thought the same but everything he’s written is probably factual. But it actually pushes an agenda that wants us to think we were never interested. Which is clearly untrue. 

• Upvote 1

It's clear and worrying that Cormack gets an idea in his head and it's that and only that for him.  So many red flags against O'Neill as a manager yet we've been chasing him for this long as other, more suitable candidates disappear and show no interest in the job.

Based of O'Neills contract we'd have been looking at spending over £3m for him and lets be honest his CV does not warrant a total deal like that, that's insanity. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, minijc said:

It's clear and worrying that Cormack gets an idea in his head and it's that and only that for him.  So many red flags against O'Neill as a manager yet we've been chasing him for this long as other, more suitable candidates disappear and show no interest in the job.

Based of O'Neills contract we'd have been looking at spending over £3m for him and lets be honest his CV does not warrant a total deal like that, that's insanity. 

What would Lennon take?

He's a bit desperate for a gig isn't he?

Cheaper and plenty experience.

We will fold me thinks.

• Dildo 1
2 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

What would Lennon take?

He's a bit desperate for a gig isn't he?

Cheaper and plenty experience.

We will fold me thinks.

I don't think he'd cost a massive amount on wages but he will know the position we are in, so if we did actually offer him the job he could take the piss with the wage demands.

• Dildo 1
29 minutes ago, minijc said:

I don't think money is the issue with him, he's probably still affronted from us picking Robson over him last year.

Difficult to wrap your melon around that one, isn't it.  Baffling decision.