Next Manager

8 hours ago, perthshirered said:

None of them can be as laughable as the horrific joke that is Robson. His brand of football is bringing the game into disrepute. It would be absolute madness to allow this to continue. St Johnstone have acted swiftly and there is no chance of them lingering at the bottom with Levein. 

Which of the signings show promise? Clarkson showed promise, look at him now. Duk has gone backwards, a reliable McDonald can't get near the park. Other notable additions like Gueye, Dadia,Williams and Soker would be as well spending match days in their house. 

Bringing the game into disrepute?!

Got us into Europe. First win in 5 years at Ibrox where we were worthy 3-1 winners. Got us into a cup final at the first time of asking. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, G man said:

Changing managers as quickly as we have in recent years has been the problem. That together with the panic appointment of Goodwin has been the problem.

Goodwin couldn’t motivate,  or the players that had at disposal  didn’t want to motivate themselves for him.   Looks like he’s motivated the present Dundee United team.    Maybe we will get United in the Scottish cup and by the way things are going here I would take United to kick our ass. 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
1 minute ago, G man said:

Bringing the game into disrepute?!

Got us into Europe. First win in 5 years at Ibrox where we were worthy 3-1 winners. Got us into a cup final at the first time of asking. 

Some positives there... on the flip side.. 7 wins in 24 since appointed permanently, 18 goals conceded in 4 games against Celtic, 0 wins from 6 in Europe including chucking away a 2 goal lead with 17 minutes left against PAOK, disgusting tactical performances against Hearts twice, Hibs twice, Livingston, St Mirren, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock. Struggled to beat League One Stirling Albion...

but yeah at least we won at Ibrox and fluked a win against Hibs in the semi 👍

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
3 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Goodwin couldn’t motivate,  or the players that had at disposal  didn’t want to motivate themselves for him.   Looks like he’s motivated the present Dundee United team.    Maybe we will get United in the Scottish cup and by the way things are going here I would take United to kick our ass. 

Just waiting for the bring Goodwin back post!!!!!!

28 minutes ago, CCB III said:

"I don't want a manager who'd be better than the current one" 

Is effectively what you've just said. 

I suppose it is.

Nevertheless I still don't want him.

Stephen Robinson would be better than Robson. Craig Levein would be better than Robson. Mark sodding Warburton would be better than Robson. I don't want any of them either. (By the same token, Neil Lennon would also be better than Robson.....I would take him but there would be a significant section of our our support who wouldn't want him anywhere near us)

18 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I suppose it is.

Stephen Robinson would be better than Robson. Craig Levein would be better than Robson. Mark sodding Warburton would be better than Robson. I don't want any of them either. (By the same token, Neil Lennon would also be better than Robson.....I would take him but there would be a significant section of our our support who wouldn't want him anywhere near us)

Get that, & the wee poisonous cunt, straight in the bin.

Then, take that bin & set fire to it. 

8 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

That’s the big concern, though.

“Work out what we want.”

Cast your mind back 10 months and a tearful Cormack at Easter Rd, minutes after Goodwin vaulted the advertising boards. He promised he would fix it. He hasn’t. He’s exacerbated it. He’s somehow made it worse.

And you can speak about Burrows subsequent arrival but how much power does he actually have? He’s went very quiet lately. How much of a say will he have in the next appointment, whenever that is? Has he superseded the FMB? Or is he now part of it?

Its a mess and the only way we ever would make the right appointment would be pure pot luck.

Yeah I know, but that’s exactly why I say that’s what the club need.

We are going nowhere unless the professional approach extends to every single thing the club do.

37 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Wrong. Appointing the wrong managers in recent years has been the problem. 

I disagree... the problem has been having to rebuild entire squads every season, glass had to do a full rebuild, mcinness last season was more less a rebuild, Goodwin had to do a full rebuild, and Robson has had to do same.

The biggest problem is that if we don't buy a squad of super stars the manager gets blamed and criticised for bringing in a bunch of useless players, then like this thread there are calls for sacking them if results don't go our way.

Robson got us into Europe rebuilt a squad so that it won't require same next season and got us into cup final, for me he buys himself a few more months... 

Undoubtedly given that our next match is sevco if we lose this place will erupt with folk wanting him gone. 

Goodwin was third place going into world cup, then a loss to celtic and second and folk were calling for his head.  

51 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

And then appointing Barry when it was a pivotal season for us! Back in Europe and spending money. We needed an experienced manager not an experimental appointment. 

You mean like Chris wilder, who only lasted 3 months at Watford.... and if we had appointed then we would have probably been bottom 6 with no europe

2 hours ago, G man said:

Chelsea also won the Champions League under a rookie manager.

Aye after sacking a manager who was doing shite. They then sacked the Champions League winning manager a few months later for Benitez who won the Europa League. He was then sacked and Chelsea won the league not long after under Mourinho.

They’ve had success firing managers routinely, it’s an absolute fact. Yes, they have more money but if a manager isn’t performing what’s the point in holding onto him. Why did you also ignore my question? 

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

I suppose it is.

Warburton is an alright manager IMO. Should have been given more time with the huns. 

37 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Aye after sacking a manager who was doing shite. They then sacked the Champions League winning manager a few months later for Benitez who won the Europa League. He was then sacked and Chelsea won the league not long after under Mourinho.

They’ve had success firing managers routinely, it’s an absolute fact. Yes, they have more money but if a manager isn’t performing what’s the point in holding onto him. Why did you also ignore my question? 

Remind me of the question.? Will have no problem replying

2 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Some positives there... on the flip side.. 7 wins in 24 since appointed permanently, 18 goals conceded in 4 games against Celtic, 0 wins from 6 in Europe including chucking away a 2 goal lead with 17 minutes left against PAOK, disgusting tactical performances against Hearts twice, Hibs twice, Livingston, St Mirren, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock. Struggled to beat League One Stirling Albion...

but yeah at least we won at Ibrox and fluked a win against Hibs in the semi 👍

Spot on.

Those stats are damning and tell us all we need to know. If only the chairman was astute enough to see the evidence....