Next Manager

3 minutes ago, englishred said:

Robson won't be going anywhere soon, he'll get to the final bare minimum.  I think once europe finishes it will start to tell whether or not we are going to push up the league, if not i think Cormack will have little choice.  But at the moment he has the tired card to play 

Tired. Tired. What a Shite and lame excuse. If they are tired, they are not conditioned properly. Best hotels, best transportation etc etc. It’s an easy cop out 

7 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

You really think you are oh-so superior to a number of posters on here. Your comments exemplify that notion.

I did not mock you. I simply pointed out a glaringly evident observation that you don't post nothing of substance or new. If you interpret that as mockery, you obviously don't know the meaning of the word and are incredibly weak. 

Resulting to disparaging comments about me being unemployed (etc.) To make you feel better about your pathetic existence and a comment you've made is pure poison.

You better watch your back. 

Aye ok. Lolz. 😂🙃

1 minute ago, minijc said:

The thing that worried me most was even after a good result and performance he still came out with excuses, that's the sign of a poor manager who is out of his depth.

Data Dave will be seeing the numbers and they are not good, time to bin the failed under 18s manager and get a proper coach in.

I’m not even that bothered if they do it now or wait a few more weeks.

More important is they get looking for the next candidates and make sure they understand their criteria properly this time- and then stuck to them.

1 minute ago, milne_afc said:

I don’t drink m8, apart from days out, special occasions and holidays. Otherwise I’d be a bloody pauper and a pest.

Fair enough min. A very wise and healthy choice.👍

I don't drink heavily, just a few cans/bottles of beer 6 days out of 7 to sedate the daily sair heads caused by fucked eyes and vision. Body needs a day off to reparate itself.

GP is happy with my liver, so that's a Brucie bonus.

25 minutes ago, englishred said:

Robson won't be going anywhere soon, he'll get to the final bare minimum.  I think once europe finishes it will start to tell whether or not we are going to push up the league, if not i think Cormack will have little choice.  But at the moment he has the tired card to play 

If tiredness is an excuse then Robson should be using the large squad he’s assembled. The fact he’s not means it should never be used as an excuse by him.

28 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

You really think you are oh-so superior to a number of posters on here. Your comments exemplify that notion.

I did not mock you. I simply pointed out a glaringly evident observation that you don't post nothing of substance or new. If you interpret that as mockery, you obviously don't know the meaning of the word and are incredibly weak. 

Resulting to disparaging comments about me being unemployed (etc.) To make you feel better about your pathetic existence and a comment you've made is pure poison.

Deary me min, think you need to calm down.

28 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

‘It’s an aberdonian message’……‘it means that DD1903 sleeps with the robsons/fishes’

22 minutes ago, Helmet said:

I’m not even that bothered if they do it now or wait a few more weeks.

More important is they get looking for the next candidates and make sure they understand their criteria properly this time- and then stuck to them.

…..then you remember the complete nonentities that are largely responsible for sourcing a new manager. 
Gunn, Garner & Milne 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

200 K a year for doing fuck all

No KPIs to meet

Why wouldn't any failed or useless manager want the AFC job

We are such a easy touch the hopeless and the totally inept would we queuing up around Pittordrie for such a easy job

We don't want people applying... we identify a target and we go after him. 

If we have to get a hooker involved for the purposes of blackmail in order to have him sign a contract then that's what we do... you don't take no for an answer. 

Except when, you know, sex with a lady.

But for football managers it's fine. 

49 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Fair enough min. A very wise and healthy choice.👍

I don't drink heavily, just a few cans/bottles of beer 6 days out of 7 to sedate the daily sair heads caused by fucked eyes and vision. Body needs a day off to reparate itself.

GP is happy with my liver, so that's a Brucie bonus.

Would CBD help? 

1 hour ago, minijc said:

The thing that worried me most was even after a good result and performance he still came out with excuses, that's the sign of a poor manager who is out of his depth.

Data Dave will be seeing the numbers and they are not good, time to bin the failed under 18s manager and get a proper coach in.

Did you read Cormack’s tweet on Friday night?

No chance he’s even thinking about it.

Every day Robson is left in charge, Cormack & the Board are ripping the piss out of us all. 
Hiding behind the League Cup Final for another month, and then a bit longer no doubt.

It sounds odd given his two previous managerial appointments lasted less than a year in the job, but Cormack's been slow to act when sacking managers. And i expect no different with Barry Robson. He's going nowhere anytime soon, yet there's an inevitability about how this plays out and it's unlikely he'll still be in charge come the end of the season.

As pretty much everyone's said, Robson's criminally inexperienced and should never have been given the job on a permanent basis. His advocates will point to the winning run which saw him appointed, but it's in adversity every bit as much as when the going's good that managers prove themselves. Right now Robson's faltering and he doesn't have the grounding he'd have, had he cut his teeth in the lower leagues, which would see him through.

After the first round of league games we sit in 9th place, two points off bottom spot. European football and 7 away fixtures from our first 11 games are mitigating factors. But 1 win, 1 draw and 2 defeats from our four home games is pretty dire and puts a fair dent in the, on the road argument.

Results are ultimately what decides a managers fate and since last season's post split fixtures, Robson is performing shockingly in that department. But there are other concerns which are equally damning.

Robson's tactically inept, seemingly unable to learn from mistakes/defeats and very easy to read for opposition managers.

He makes terrible use of his substitutes. You can look at the bench before kick off and predict what changes will be made. And they almost always come too late.

He fails to make use of the squad at his disposal. Which is bizarre given how frequently he references the number of fixtures we're playing, the drain of Thursday/Sunday football and the need for a large pool of players.

The football is horrific. It's incredibly negative and ineffectual. If it were backed by results, it could partly be excused. But it's not, it's eye bleeding stuff. The kind that makes fans not want to go to the ground or tune into the game.

The writing's on the wall, right now Dave Cormack just doesn't want to read it.

• Upvote 10
7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Did you read Cormack’s tweet on Friday night?

No chance he’s even thinking about it.

Every day Robson is left in charge, Cormack & the Board are ripping the piss out of us all. 
Hiding behind the League Cup Final for another month, and then a bit longer no doubt.

Shite Cup Final ticket sales might get Dave thinking…….

Fucked if I’m buying my tickets till a lot nearer the time.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Aye. Cup final tickets took a dent today. I’m currently reconsidering. Not paying to watch whatever that was earlier on. A new manager with good experience is desperately required. 

I'm not going to the final after that today. Fuck that for a laugh. The guts of probably £250 all in a week before Xmas to watch us getting horsed by the Huns and their baldy wall punching, waffle eating manager? Nope. I'll stick tele on and try and enjoy my 3 week Xmas break surrounded by lots of beer to ensure the nightmare will be swiftly forgotten.