Next Manager

2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Japs and Aussies. 😂😂😂

How about Aberdeen do their own thing and look at Scandinavia/Spain/Germany /Holland? Just cos the Jungle Jim’s struck lucky with an Aussie in charge and his bunch of Japs does not mean it works everywhere else. How about we plough our own furrow and look elsewhere?

"Struck lucky." 

Very successful coach wherever he went. 

What the FMB must be thinking right now is, as budgets get readied for January,  would Robson change the team shape and style of play if, for example, a Tonio Teklic type of lad becomes available? By that I mean moving away from a style that cedes possession to the opposition and relies on a counter attack, by way of a long ball?

At the very least, the FMB should be taking him aside this morning and fucking telling him, if you don’t change the style, you are out the door today. If you agree to change the style, you’ve got at least to the Cup Final to prove yourself that you can adapt.

That’s how modern clubs are run; the Sporting Director sets down the style, the recruitment, all that shit. In reality, the head coach simply trains the players and sets them up on matchday

5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

What the FMB must be thinking right now is, as budgets get readied for January,  would Robson change the team shape and style of play if, for example, a Tonio Teklic type of lad becomes available? By that I mean moving away from a style that cedes possession to the opposition and relies on a counter attack, by way of a long ball?

At the very least, the FMB should be taking him aside this morning and fucking telling him, if you don’t change the style, you are out the door today. If you agree to change the style, you’ve got at least to the Cup Final to prove yourself that you can adapt.

That’s how modern clubs are run; the Sporting Director sets down the style, the recruitment, all that shit. In reality, the head coach simply trains the players and sets them up on matchday

At the very least, the FMB should be taking him aside this morning and fucking telling him, if you don’t change the style, you are out the door today

id love that to be true, given the shitfests seen v Livi, Hearts, Killie, hibs, St Mirren the semi last week and now Celtic, I very much doubt he's been told anything by Dave or burrows, when you actually think how shocking we were in all of those games its a miracle he's still in post. 

10 hours ago, G man said:

I have always said the club is the most important thing. I do feel the signings at times show promise but to gel an entire team takes time. A fourth manager in less than three years is not the answer. To be honest l think the European group involvement has come a year too early.

I do worry about Hayes still being selected. I also do not think he uses his squad as best he could. But to change manager with a cup final coming up l think would be a mistake. People will say l am looking for excuses but l do not think the SPFL/SFA have done us any favours with our fixture list ( we have 9 games in December)and a number of the refs who have been in charge of our games. I firmly believe that once the heavy fixture list eases things will level out.

Some of the names being suggested on this forum to be our next manager is nothing short of laughable and will lead to another change. As l have said before show me one club who have been successful when they keep changing managers?!

Show me one club who have been successful by persisting with a manager anyone with a double digit IQ can see is hopelessly out of his depth?

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, keigy1983 said:

id love that to be true, given the shitfests seen v Livi, Hearts, Killie, hibs, St Mirren the semi last week and now Celtic, I very much doubt he's been told anything by Dave or burrows, when you actually think how shocking we were in all of those games its a miracle he's still in post. 

Well, it’s a dereliction of duties by Dave and Big Al if they simply sit on their asses and do nothing.

Aren’t they custodians of the club, trusted to run the club by the fans and minority shareholders? Not saying you let those groups run the joint but you have to listen to their views.

2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Well, it’s a dereliction of duties by Dave and Big Al if they simply sit on their asses and do nothing.

Aren’t they custodians of the club, trusted to run the club by the fans and minority shareholders? Not saying you let those groups run the joint but you have to listen to their views.

I agree with you. 

23 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Why does Robson deserve more budget when he hasn’t tried 50% of the summer players HE brought in

35 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

That nobody, including you, had ever heard of before and was probably 3rd choice by the Sellic board?

To be fair, hats off to them for that appointment, struck lucky was indeed a poor choice of words from me

So, if I've not heard of him, and you've not heard of him, he can't be good? 

38 minutes ago, C'monEweReds said:

Unfortunately he won't be sacked, not this year anyway.

We have regressed so much as a club since Cormack took over, 3 failed appointments in 3 years is unforgivable.

It's clear that this isn't going to work and if he can't see that then we have bigger problems than we thought.

Well most of the supporters can see it , and if sparkling teeth can’t see it he needs binning, along with Neep Heed. 

4 hours ago, HaarDon said:

Let's check out the Japanese market.

Seems to be the latest fashion trend in footballing terms. 

Yes, Celtic struck gold getting Postecoglou then bringing in Kyogo, Maeda and Hatate. They've also brought in some shite from there like Kobayashi and Iwata. Since then others have tried the same route. Motherwell brought in a Japanese boy and he was dreadful. So much so he lasted 6 months then fucked off. Diet Huns have brought in 2. Ones been fucking injured since he arrived and the other, Oda, is bang average at best. 

Sack Robson then if it was me, I'd look for a Craig Brown type appointment probably. Somebody that might not be a spectacular name but he'll get the foundations right. Even if it's until the end of the season. That gives the Board over 6 months to recruit a new full time manager. We won't have the squad overhaul we had this year so that's the route I'd go down. 

If the Tories can bring back Cameron then could we bring back McInnes?

Ok, maybe not, but we do need to get an experienced man in, someone who has been over the ropes a few times, lets not go for a young manager again, by all means get a younger guys in as an assistant and train them up but an experienced person at the helm please

18 minutes ago, sigh said:

If the Tories can bring back Cameron then could we bring back McInnes?

Ok, maybe not, but we do need to get an experienced man in, someone who has been over the ropes a few times, lets not go for a young manager again, by all means get a younger guys in as an assistant and train them up but an experienced person at the helm please

If Del wants to be Director of Football Operations it would be similar to tories bringing back Cameron 

I'm one of many Dons fans who would happily have McInnes back. 

However, there's no doubt that there's a sizeable minority of seething, hate filled Dons fans who for some reason detest him and still blame him every time we fuck up 3 years later. 

There's also the fact that McInnes would rather have a red hot poker jammed up his jap's eye than work with Swiss Tony again, so it just won't be happening. 

• Dildo 1
1 minute ago, Schapenneuker said:

I'm one of many Dons fans who would happily have McInnes back. 

However, there's no doubt that there's a sizeable minority of seething, hate filled Dons fans who for some reason detest him and still blame him every time we fuck up 3 years later. 

There's also the fact that McInnes would rather have a red hot poker jammed up his jap's eye than work with Swiss Tony again, so it just won't be happening. 

I think the eye bleading football might be the reason.. however he found away to win 1 nil against teams we should beat

6 minutes ago, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

Mcinnes was hamstrung by that showtime clown cormack. He sold Cosgrove and gave him hornby and some shite fae st Johnstone. He wanted his puppets in that he could control. 

Dave had it in for mcinnes more than the fans. Watch mcinnes when cormack was revealed as the new chairman he knew his time was coming to an end.

No bother Derek. Everything good down in Ayrshire?

5 hours ago, NEM said:

Show me one club who have been successful by persisting with a manager anyone with a double digit IQ can see is hopelessly out of his depth?

Sadly people like you cannot accept other people have a different view without insulting them. Sad

Tactically very sound in Frankfurt , Greece and Ibrox. First win at Ibrox in 5 years!!!!

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I certainly don't want McInnes returning as manager but I do concede he would definitely have this squad a few points better off than we are currently and would have us finishing 4th at worst come season's end. 

"I don't want a manager who'd be better than the current one" 

Is effectively what you've just said. 

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, Helmet said:

You think instead of appointing a manager suitable for the level of football we are playing , we should lower our level to the manager we’ve got?

Mental.

Appointing the wrong managers is the problem, not sacking them.

Changing managers as quickly as we have in recent years has been the problem. That together with the panic appointment of Goodwin has been the problem.

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, DD1903 said:

The fixtures in December - which I agree aren't great - have nothing to do with the poor form and rubbish tactics he's overseen so far though. That's Robson's doing. As you say, it's also his fault re his poor use of the squad. 

The new signings show promise when we keep the ball down and pass it around well - like against Motherwell - but he doesn't seem to want to keep playing like that, as he returns to the long ball rubbish next game. I don't get why he does this. Kilmarnock and the St J games were absolutely awful to watch. 

As much as I get where you're coming from re changing manager again...his blatant stubbornness to stick with what is clearly failing will ultimately be his downfall. Yesterday was the final embarrassment in a list of quite a few he's managed to oversee.

as for the names mentioned - I wouldn't take them as serious suggestions. Plus it isn't here that makes the next appointment!

I accept all you say.

8 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Under the new owner. 

Abramovic sacked managers for fun and in his spell won multiple league titles in a very competitive league and 2 Champions Leagues. If that isn’t successful then fuck knows what is. 

Flip the question - what manager has been successful after winning 6 in 20 games, getting beat 6-0 and papped out Europe with no wins in 6 games?

Managers don’t turn these things round often, that’s why teams sack managers so often. Once it reaches this stage it’s finished.

Agree to disagree. Chelsea were spending more money than any other team in Europe . 

8 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Under the new owner. 

Abramovic sacked managers for fun and in his spell won multiple league titles in a very competitive league and 2 Champions Leagues. If that isn’t successful then fuck knows what is. 

Flip the question - what manager has been successful after winning 6 in 20 games, getting beat 6-0 and papped out Europe with no wins in 6 games?

Managers don’t turn these things round often, that’s why teams sack managers so often. Once it reaches this stage it’s finished.

Chelsea also won the Champions League under a rookie manager.