Next Manager

34 minutes ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

What’s the credentials we are looking for? Young? Experienced? British? Foreign? Ex player that knows the club? 

Move Gunn to Head of Administration or suchlike reporting to the Ceo. 

Bring in an experienced director of football with a background in the game who reports to the ceo. 

Let the director of football take care of recruiting the manager/head coach and the head of recruitment.  It's easy to lash out at Robson but we've put an inexperienced coach in charge without a proper football infrastructure to support him. Who at the club at a senior level can he go to get advice from on footballing matters ? Nobody. 

Bringing in a new manager/head coach without sorting the director of football is just a missed opportunity to drive cultural change. 

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

DOF someone like Craig Brown/ Willie Miller? Yes, seems too sensible for our board.As for new manager, no one stands out for me but I’d watch what Duncan Ferguson does in next couple of years. Or someone like him. Young(ish), character, good communicator etc.

Ferguson is getting an initial bounce but I’ll guarantee it won’t last too much longer.

6 minutes ago, Arthur FN Shelby said:

DOF someone like Craig Brown/ Willie Miller? Yes, seems too sensible for our board.As for new manager, no one stands out for me but I’d watch what Duncan Ferguson does in next couple of years. Or someone like him. Young(ish), character, good communicator etc.

Think we've missed the boat for Brown now TBH.

• Haha 5
5 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Some positives there... on the flip side.. 7 wins in 24 since appointed permanently, 18 goals conceded in 4 games against Celtic, 0 wins from 6 in Europe including chucking away a 2 goal lead with 17 minutes left against PAOK, disgusting tactical performances against Hearts twice, Hibs twice, Livingston, St Mirren, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock. Struggled to beat League One Stirling Albion...

but yeah at least we won at Ibrox and fluked a win against Hibs in the semi 👍

He’s surely trolling. Nobody can be that blind 

15 hours ago, Helmet said:

The key isn’t sacking him asap, it’s getting us set up to appoint the successor asap.

Work out what we want in a manager and get scouring Europe and beyond to find candidates and when we have a list of potentials start sounding some of them out quietly.

4 hours ago, Dunty said:

Willie Miller as DOF? That's the answer to our problems, give me strength.

Are you forgetting he's already been the DOF at Pittodrie? You may also be too young to remember him as manager.

What next? Mark McGhee as head of recruitment? 

Sorry probably misled everyone there, meant a Willie Miller/ Craig Brown type of person, ex manager, plenty contacts, experienced. 

5 hours ago, Dunty said:

Willie Miller as DOF? That's the answer to our problems, give me strength.

Are you forgetting he's already been the DOF at Pittodrie? You may also be too young to remember him as manager.

What next? Mark McGhee as head of recruitment? 

TBF we did get our most consistent football strategy in place at that time - just hire Motherwell managers.

Neil Lennon as manager, Scott Brown his assistant (with a view to taking over as manager in 3-5 years if it works out well) with Mark Warburton as DoF

Doubt it would appeal immediately but at least there would be experience there, and a strategy for the next 5 years, with options in there for the inevitable fall out with Lennon

• Haha 2
  • Dildo 3
12 minutes ago, sigh said:

Neil Lennon as manager, Scott Brown his assistant (with a view to taking over as manager in 3-5 years if it works out well) with Mark Warburton as DoF

Doubt it would appeal immediately but at least there would be experience there, and a strategy for the next 5 years, with options in there for the inevitable fall out with Lennon

Is this your Christmas letter to Santa? If so I’d buy your own gifts 

30 minutes ago, sigh said:

I’ve just been sick in my own mouth. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see that wee toxic rat as next manager though. 

19 hours ago, G man said:

I am all for managers being given more time

The problem is the more time you give managers that are not managers , the closer you get to imploding.  Right now we don’t have a manager again that can’t manage the players the Aberdeen board have given the ok to sign.    Now this has been going on for years at pittodrie , so where does this virus keep getting fed, and by who.  Someone wants to keep the virus, and keep feeding it.  It’s time to get the fumigators in.