Cormack Thread

On 1/28/2024 at 12:35 PM, Johnnyred1 said:

Cormack is a fan first and foremost. Difference is, he has invested heavily 

This is like a lie that if repeated enough it will become fact.

How much has he invested?

Still to hear any cunt come up with an answer for that.

2 hours ago, RUL said:

That’s the issue. Cormack surrounds himself with people he trusts but also people who won’t offer an opinion. 

Arselickers. I believe this is the technical term.

2 hours ago, redone said:

One thing he got right (maybe the only thing) was the appointment of the last good manager we had….and doing what he could to keep him.

I doubt that was down to him either.

More like George Yule's doing.

Edit. Recommended by Craig Brown, as Charles Bronson says above.

Knew it was nae Milne's doing.

Coincidence that we have went rapidly turned to shit since Yule's retirement and Cornack taking over?

Of course fucking not.

2 hours ago, G man said:

Is Stewart Milne not on the FMB? If so he should be the first punted. Should never have had any say in football issues. What can he contribute?

Eric Black would have been the ideal director of football, 

He's retired from the dug out, that role would be perfect for him

1 hour ago, ericblack4boss said:

Eric Black would have been the ideal director of football, 

He's retired from the dug out, that role would be perfect for him

Really ?…what does the Director of Football role entail ?…and what has Eric Black done in his career to show that he’d be any good for the role , let alone perfect for it ?

13 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Had to leave Southampton in disgrace, didn’t he?

There was some allegations of something underhand with transfer dealings , but I don’t think they were proved ….so I don’t know if he left in disgrace.   But I think he hasn’t been involved in any sort of management or coaching role for several years….surprising he hasn’t got a DoF gig somewhere if he’s perfect for the role.

He left when Puel left, 

Yes he was named in the newspaper sting on bungs, but he apparently said " he knew who would take bungs"

Well he's worked at several clubs,  can speak fluent German and french, he used to be an agent,  he has been player, coach and manager, he has done media work he worked for the SFA as community coach and with all age levels, and the reason he's not been a director of football is that we haven't asked him 

Look ask the question at least, if he doesn't want to be director of football put him on the FMB, 

What has pissed me off about Cormack this season in particular is that he was happy to tweet utter shite after we drew 2-2 away at Hacken (because he obviously thought that was us through) yet has hardly been seen since.

He is the absolute worst for soaking up the plaudits when things are going well (as he perceives it) but then completely disappears when the going gets tough.

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

What has pissed me off about Cormack this season in particular is that he was happy to tweet utter shite after we drew 2-2 away at Hacken (because he obviously thought that was us through) yet has hardly been seen since.

He is the absolute worst for soaking up the plaudits when things are going well (as he perceives it) but then completely disappears when the going gets tough.

The thing was Hacken were shite as well. You’d of thought we were playing juventus or Barca.

2 hours ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

Correct , Like the time he gatecrashed the red TV studio at half time also v Hacken when we were 2-0 up .

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, milne_afc said:

Had to leave Southampton in disgrace, didn’t he?

That was Dave Jones, who was up before the beaks on a charge/charges of kiddie fiddling, for which he was acquitted. He lost his job as manager of Southampton as a consequence of the court proceedings.

Unless Black left in alleged disgrace whilst at Southampton, as well?🤔

3 hours ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

He turned up in tears after the Hibs 6-0 Tbf. 

I wish he hadn’t that day.

3 hours ago, jamiesd said:

The thing was Hacken were shite as well. You’d of thought we were playing juventus or Barca.

They weren't shite. They had a similarly talented group of players to ours, difference being a vastly experienced coach in their dugout and a complete novice in ours. 

Knew how to get the best out of their players to feed the star man, Sadiq. 

Can't imagine them shelling balls into his neck for a half season before they click it doesn't work. 

23 minutes ago, CCB III said:

They weren't shite. They had a similarly talented group of players to ours, difference being a vastly experienced coach in their dugout and a complete novice in ours. 

Can't imagine them shelling balls into his neck for a half season before they click it doesn't work. 

That's why I said shite 

• Haha 5
25 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I see Sadiq hasn’t really featured much for AZ. Injured? If not it’s strange cos he looked a real quality player. 5 year deal as well. 
Would love if we got player like him on loan next season. 

15 minutes ago, Beechender said:

Yes 2021 at pittodrie. He was telling us how great we were going to be under Glass.

Fair doos we got through the tie (we were awful over in Sweden in the second leg though) but we were outclassed by Qarabag in the end of that campaign 

DC should have had his teeth in a glass of Steradent instead of interjecting on the interview and bumping his gums, teeth, and tongue. 

• Haha 1

A lot of people seem to be hearing that the 'Football Managing Board' are surprised that the fans are getting antsy about the way things are going, and the FMB themselves are pretty happy with the state of things. 

Yet, at the same time, you've Robson standing in front of the cameras every week making excuses for the latest defeat, but promising he'll be better if we wait another year, you've Shinnie coming out and admitting that the team are doing shite but can the fans please not be mad at them, and the fans being pretty vocal about how fucked everything is and talking about boycotts. 

I get how said 'FMB' might be detached from the fans/reality, but how can they be this clueless when even the manager and players know this is fucking horrendous? 

Are there no lines of communication between the playing staff and the Ivory Tower the FMB lives in? 

11 minutes ago, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

Very little monitoring going on at the FMB.

You could be forgiven for thinking that the FMB was just a pile of made up pish.

Just another unnecessary management line Cormack put in to make it look like someone else was responsible for the bad decisions he was making.

He's sacked 3 managers already and a 4th can't be far away. At what point does he sack the person(s) responsible for making those appointments? Oh wait, it was him.