Cormack Thread

1 minute ago, starryfish said:

Him and burrows 

I know they probably realise whatever they say they’re going to get abuse but it’s been mainly radio silence. They should at least have the stones to come out & give some kind of update on who’s doing the review & what exactly they’re reviewing. If it finishes & leaves Gunn etc in their current role then it’ll have been a box ticking exercise to make it look like they’ve done something. 

1 hour ago, scottymc said:

So you think he might just stay then? 

i was saying it more in hope than anything!

He’s made plenty of mistakes but not sure (even if he was to put the club up for sale) there’d be a long queue of investors willing to buy. Unless we were to end up with some radge like Reading have got. He just needs to bin his ego and get a proper DoF/Sporting Director in and leave the football stuff to them. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, scottymc said:

I think Cormack might sack it after selling Miovski. Say we make 8 million plus from the transfer. Cormack will probably take that, cut his losses and go. 

To be fair to him nobody expected Covid and the absolute fucking mess that brought to the game as a whole.

he’s obviously had a bad health scare and I wonder what’s the point. Take his money and live his life out in the sun. 

Covid isn’t the problem it’s him, he’ll happily spunk money on shite players not even remotely near the required standard but will not employ a decent manager

I get the points made. I just don’t get why he can be arsed spunking money away. If you think where we are now compared to when he took majority share we are arguably worse. In fact id put my money on it. 

Whats he getting out of this? Apart from seeing the apparent club he loves become a fucking mess. 

3 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

I know they probably realise whatever they say they’re going to get abuse but it’s been mainly radio silence. They should at least have the stones to come out & give some kind of update on who’s doing the review & what exactly they’re reviewing.

They're in a damned if they do, damned if they don't scenario. But it's of their own making and it's not right they take out billboards when the going's good and enter witness protection when it's not. Leadership starts at the top and i see none of that at Aberdeen right now.

53 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

Be interesting if the elite consultants report says Mcinnes would be the ideal manager for Aberdeen.

You’ve two options here.

1. Fuck off and support McInnes and Kilmarnock 

or

2. Shut up the fuck up about a cunt that was past his best and taking the club backwards. 

• Dildo 1
15 minutes ago, scottymc said:

I get the points made. I just don’t get why he can be arsed spunking money away. If you think where we are now compared to when he took majority share we are arguably worse. In fact id put my money on it. 

Whats he getting out of this? Apart from seeing the apparent club he loves become a fucking mess. 

Besides the training ground how much money has Cormack put into the club? Is he putting in millions in a season? I don’t think he is. I think the investors (that includes him but not just him) put money in to avoid bank debt. But don’t think he’s spunking a shit tonne of his money on a yearly basis. Maybe people that have read the accounts say different? I’ve heard this a lot recently but not sure it’s the case. Happy to be corrected. 

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

They're in a damned if they do, damned if they don't scenario. But it's of their own making and it's not right they take out billboards when the going's good and enter witness protection when it's not. Leadership starts at the top and i see none of that at Aberdeen right now.

That’s exactly it. Their lack of social media presence during the poor form isn’t the same thing as a lack of transparency but it’s a brass neck that Cormack was peeling himself off the ceiling after the 2-2 draw away to Hacken, celebrating on the pitch in front of the away support & now he’s MIA. You can guarantee if we fumble our way to Hampden he’ll crawl out of the woodwork.

Was giving Burrows the benefit of the doubt with his personal issues; I thought maybe he was taking a social media break but he’s been posting plenty on his Instagram so obviously isn’t the case. 

They’ve got a massive few months ahead. Again. Let’s hope we’re not saying that again this time next year. 

37 minutes ago, slippers said:

Besides the training ground how much money has Cormack put into the club? Is he putting in millions in a season? I don’t think he is. I think the investors (that includes him but not just him) put money in to avoid bank debt. But don’t think he’s spunking a shit tonne of his money on a yearly basis. Maybe people that have read the accounts say different? I’ve heard this a lot recently but not sure it’s the case. Happy to be corrected. 

Equity…..that is cash invested in shares has been invested to the tune of approx £16m since around 2018.

Thats money from Cormack and his pals. Thats cash he ain’t seeing again.

There’s a further £3m of loans that he gave the club in the year to June 2023. 

He shouldn’t really need to be putting in cash every season….recipe for disaster if he’s needing to do that.

I’m no fan of DC….see elsewhere in this thread…..but his financial commitment can’t be questioned. The lazy appointment of career plodder Gunn can though. You can only imagine that pair poring over Wyscout and Fitba Manager databases looking for the next “resale value” potential so we can be just like Gunner’s dream team from Denmark.

7 minutes ago, Watson Oh The Bar! Scanlon Yes! said:

Equity…..that is cash invested in shares has been invested to the tune of approx £16m since around 2018.

Thats money from Cormack and his pals. Thats cash he ain’t seeing again.

There’s a further £3m of loans that he gave the club in the year to June 2023. 

He shouldn’t really need to be putting in cash every season….recipe for disaster if he’s needing to do that.

I’m no fan of DC….see elsewhere in this thread…..but his financial commitment can’t be questioned. The lazy appointment of career plodder Gunn can though. You can only imagine that pair poring over Wyscout and Fitba Manager databases looking for the next “resale value” potential so we can be just like Gunner’s dream team from Denmark.

His model isn’t sustainable. For every Miovski there’s been 3/4 duffers who are costing substantial amounts of money. 

6 minutes ago, RUL said:

His model isn’t sustainable. For every Miovski there’s been 3/4 duffers who are costing substantial amounts of money. 

I agree, operating losses of £6m per annum (ie before player sales) aren’t sustainable. Thats what we’ve been posting since covid.

2023/24 will look ok because of European cash that will likely mean we’re operating at about break even or in a slight loss, but I shudder to think what 2024/25 will look like without that.

18 minutes ago, Watson Oh The Bar! Scanlon Yes! said:

I agree, operating losses of £6m per annum (ie before player sales) aren’t sustainable. Thats what we’ve been posting since covid.

2023/24 will look ok because of European cash that will likely mean we’re operating at about break even or in a slight loss, but I shudder to think what 2024/25 will look like without that.

Which makes it absolutely crazy that the same people will be recruiting our next management team.  

20 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Where are the figures that show a year on year loss of £6 million? First time I've heard this sort of figure. 

We'll fold quicker than Sevco if we're losing £6 million. I do find that figure hard to believe although I've never looked at the club accounts!

He’s not saying we’re losing £6M, just that if we didn’t sell players there would be a deficit of £6M. We have and probably will continue to sell players though so it’s a moot point. 

26 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Where are the figures that show a year on year loss of £6 million? First time I've heard this sort of figure. 

We'll fold quicker than Sevco if we're losing £6 million. I do find that figure hard to believe although I've never looked at the club accounts!

We’ve ran up operating losses of 5.29m and 6.27m last 2 seasons. We basically need to sell 12m worth of players every 2 seasons or reach the group of europe every season.

16 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

He’s not saying we’re losing £6M, just that if we didn’t sell players there would be a deficit of £6M. We have and probably will continue to sell players though so it’s a moot point. 

If we didn't have the almost guaranteed money from selling Miovski in the summer, the year after figures would be horrendous.

We need 12 players this summer and a whole new coaching team. Can't imagine there will be any Euro money next season.

It very quickly becomes a serious problem if we lose 6 million quid on a turn over of 12 to 14 million.

53 minutes ago, RUL said:

We’ve ran up operating losses of 5.29m and 6.27m last 2 seasons. We basically need to sell 12m worth of players every 2 seasons or reach the group of europe every season.

Precisely. That’s why this season was so important, given the current coefficient and increased money on offer for European group football. Good chance that won’t be on offer the season after next for finishing 3rd (I get the SC point). We really have made an utter arse of ourselves this season.

Therefore, it’s exclusively about selling players, which is only sustainable if we keep finding Miovski’s.

24 minutes ago, Don Shula said:

Have you guys factored into your calculations home gate money for LC matches against Queens Park and Elgin in July though?

No. Or proceeds from red cheese pizza, bouncy castles in the car park or gambling on fans running from the half way line at half time. 

8 hours ago, G31DON said:

If we didn't have the almost guaranteed money from selling Miovski in the summer, the year after figures would be horrendous.

We need 12 players this summer and a whole new coaching team. Can't imagine there will be any Euro money next season.

It very quickly becomes a serious problem if we lose 6 million quid on a turn over of 12 to 14 million.

About time more people were waking up to this 

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, RUL said:

I agree with your point. We have players like Morris, Gueye etc who have at least two years to run on their contracts who will be going nowhere. Over the last few years with the notable exception of Miovski and Ramadani we have brought in more players who have not performed for the amount of money we have paid for them.

13 hours ago, G31DON said:

I agree. 

Dare I say it we are doing our own version of the sevco model in which they spend money they don’t have in a gamble that a good euro run or player sales (Bassi & Paterson being good examples) compensate. 

Got ourselves in a bind now though where like you said we need a massive turnover of players and management again. This will cost a fortune and inevitably there will be the usual mix of dross and decent selections. 

We have crossed the Rubicon in terms of paying decent wages to attract and retain players and I can’t see an already disgruntled support tolerating an about turn on this strategy. Can you imagine the furore that is losing out on various players to the likes of Hibs and Cormack or more likely Burrows saying that we can’t afford to sign this type of player anymore?

We are in a pretty awful position right now and if you consider where we were when Cormack assumed the chairmanship it’s a remarkable and shameful fall from grace. 

If we try and retain some semblance of optimism we are in a cup quarter final with a home tie against beatable opponents, we don’t have a huge amount of debt and we could unearth another Mcinnes with our next managerial appointment. 

On 2/18/2024 at 10:23 AM, At The Border Guy said:

Been looking at our squad and realising our player turnover has been even more insane than I realised. Hayes the only first-team player who played under McInnes in his last season - less than 3 years ago!

Absolutely no stability on the pitch at all under this guy.

Considine was 18 years in afc 1st team.Incredible really we have had so many defenders in to replace him but we haven't really replaced him yet.

4 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

Considine was 18 years in afc 1st team.Incredible really we have had so many defenders in to replace him but we haven't really replaced him yet.

A tragic reflection of our recent recruitment is that Considine would probably be our best CB this season at the age of 36 with a rebuilt knee...

2 hours ago, ERNIE said:

2 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

A tragic reflection of our recent recruitment is that Considine would probably be our best CB this season at the age of 36 with a rebuilt knee...

I'd argue he's been replaced like for like, as he was an absolute bombscare