Cormack Thread

Since the split last season, when Robson was appointed on a permanent basis, we have won 11 out of 39 matches. A win % of 29%, which is down there with the worst permanent managers we have ever had.

I appreciate that Cormack attempts to include friendlies in his statistics. I haven't. 

Cormack's reputation is now 100% on the line.

If he doesn't act soon, sack Robson and ultimately make a proper management appointment he too will have "lost the dressing room " with the fans and will have nowhere to hide.

What another feckin' shambles!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Since the split last season, when Robson was appointed on a permanent basis, we have won 11 out of 39 matches. A win % of 29%, which is down there with the worst permanent managers we have ever had.

I appreciate that Cormack attempts to include friendlies in his statistics. I haven't. 

Cormack's reputation is now 100% on the line.

If he doesn't act soon, sack Robson and ultimately make a proper management appointment he too will have "lost the dressing room " with the fans and will have nowhere to hide.

What another feckin' shambles!

Around about the same win percentage for his league form this season. 6/21

On 1/29/2024 at 11:15 AM, redone said:

Really ?…what does the Director of Football role entail ?…and what has Eric Black done in his career to show that he’d be any good for the role , let alone perfect for it ?

Worrying thing is I had to check whether you were Steven Gunn posing that first question 

• Haha 1
Just now, Snelders Snottters 89 said:

Fuck those bbc cunts! Take it you pay yer tv rip off licence ☠️

Not for my own house in Edinburgh but I do still pay my mothers because I canny trust her not to let the fkrs that come to the door in & see there’s a tv 🤣

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Surely they've moved on from counting tvs. 

Many houses don't even have a TV now.  Projectors and tablets are the popular choice nowadays 

Even having a tablet (meaning you can watch live broadcasts that aren’t even bbc) means you need a tv licence.

They do indeed still come round houses because I was staying in an Airbnb last Aug/sept & they came to the lassies door 🤣

29 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Even having a tablet (meaning you can watch live broadcasts that aren’t even bbc) means you need a tv licence.

They do indeed still come round houses because I was staying in an Airbnb last Aug/sept & they came to the lassies door 🤣

If you watch any live TV on any device you need a TV licence.  So to watch the Aussie tennis on Eurosport, live, you need a TV licence.  If you watch it on a catch up service you don't, with the exception of the iPlayer, which legally you need a licence to watch.

3 minutes ago, Stamens_in_the_cloud said:

If you watch any live TV on any device you need a TV licence.  So to watch the Aussie tennis on Eurosport, live, you need a TV licence.  If you watch it on a catch up service you don't, with the exception of the iPlayer, which legally you need a licence to watch.

Most younger folk these days don't even watch live tv. They think it's a pain in the arse having to sit through adverts and not be able to skip or fast forward them. 

Sports fans and old folk watching freeview are about the only ones watching live tv nowadays. 

Hearts fans

They get over five million a year in bail outs from Cormack and they get a lot of corporate sponsorship from oil industry pals . This IS them benefactor and sponsor money . If these guys pulled out they would be living of average 10 k attendances

….

The state of Aberdeen city centre offers a clue. None of them are interested in Aberdeen – the city or the club.

….

They are though . We would be miles ahead of them in financial terms if Cormack and his oily fwiends were not pouring cash in 

Since when did Cormack start giving us £5m a year in bail outs? 🤣

Is it not Hearts that get the rich benefactor hand outs.  🤔

9 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Hearts fans

They get over five million a year in bail outs from Cormack and they get a lot of corporate sponsorship from oil industry pals . This IS them benefactor and sponsor money . If these guys pulled out they would be living of average 10 k attendances

….

The state of Aberdeen city centre offers a clue. None of them are interested in Aberdeen – the city or the club.

….

They are though . We would be miles ahead of them in financial terms if Cormack and his oily fwiends were not pouring cash in 

Since when did Cormack start giving us £5m a year in bail outs? 🤣

Is it not Hearts that get the rich benefactor hand outs.  🤔

Hearts’ only source of income is from giving James Anderson rim jobs. They only remain in profit due to his money.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Willo flood said:

Hearts’ only source of income is from giving James Anderson rim jobs. They only remain in profit due to his money.

Be Fkn nice if Cormack really was giving us £5m a year 🤣

How do they write up Anderson’s donations without breaching FFFP rules 🤷

Not without justification we can mump about the (ex) manager, the DoF, the CEO, the HoR, but everything tracks back to one man. There's more to football than puppets and data. Change needs to start at the top!

I'm not naive enough to think Dave's going to sack himself, but if he's genuinely a fan he needs to take a step back and have a serious look at how he's running things.

Accept he's too close, move on whoever needs moving on, appoint experienced people to the relevant positions and let them get on with it.

Honestly, I've been in denial for a bit now. Through the Cormack era I've been always been positive about what's happening and imagined the bigger picture going forward, despite the setbacks, to be us in a better place than we were under Milne. "Least it's nae like the McGhee days."

I trusted the prawcess.

Now, I just feel like we've gone from a solid club to being a joke club. Tinpot. A laughing stock. Buck stops at the feet of this egomaniac charlatan.

Stick your prawcess up your arse. 

Think those of you against Cormack are deluded with no long term memory. 

Managers haven't worked out. It happens. How many managers have we had us playing well over the years since Fergie? The triumvirate, God in his first two seasons, McInnes for about half his time with us. That's it. 

The rest have been dogshit, some more diarrhoea-like than others.  It. Happens.

Is he giving managers financial support to try and improve the team? Absolutely. That's all you need. That and hope the lottery of a manager pick works out eventually.

Saying Cormack needs to be gone? ffs... 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, a don in oz said:

Think those of you against Cormack are deluded with no long term memory. 

Managers haven't worked out. It happens. How many managers have we had us playing well over the years since Fergie? The triumvirate, God in his first two seasons, McInnes for about half his time with us. That's it. 

The rest have been dogshit, some more diarrhoea-like than others.  It. Happens.

Is he giving managers financial support to try and improve the team? Absolutely. That's all you need. That and hope the lottery of a manager pick works out eventually.

Saying Cormack needs to be gone? ffs... 

Calling for Cormack to go is pointless. He's the man with the money and these guys are only replaced when they want to be and even then only when someone else wants to step in.

No question there's a lot of good about the Dave Cormack era, the commercial & community side of things are thriving. But the positives will continue to be drowned out by Sooty, Sweep & Sue appointments to key positions on the football side of the club.

For the fourth season running we've sacked a manager. That smacks of incompetence and the buck very much stops at Dave's door.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1