Cormack Thread

3 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

I'd argue he's been replaced like for like, as he was an absolute bombscare

Sorry don't agree.Also underrated what he did going forward and a good crosser.Maybe not the fastest but he was also good enough to get a few call ups  for Scotland...

3 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

A tragic reflection of our recent recruitment is that Considine would probably be our best CB this season at the age of 36 with a rebuilt knee...

Wouldn’t surprise to see him return next season, not as a player but as part of a new coaching setup.

Just a hunch.

56 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

Sorry don't agree.Also underrated what he did going forward and a good crosser.Maybe not the fastest but he was also good enough to get a few call ups  for Scotland...

Local boy andy seemed to get away with a lot. He made the same mistakes week after week, year after year. Never learning from them. 

There was literally no other centre halves available when he was called up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Dildo 1
13 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Local boy andy seemed to get away with a lot. He made the same mistakes week after week, year after year. Never learning from them. 

There was literally no other centre halves available when he was called up.

But by the same token nor did we sign a left back (I can think of) to provide any competition.  Symptomatic of the “that’ll do” era

On 2/17/2024 at 11:59 PM, RUL said:

We’ve ran up operating losses of 5.29m and 6.27m last 2 seasons. We basically need to sell 12m worth of players every 2 seasons or reach the group of europe every season.

What are we spending money on to lose £5 and £6 million? Certainly can’t be the shite on the park 

3 minutes ago, NEM said:

What are we spending money on to lose £5 and £6 million? Certainly can’t be the shite on the park 

76% of our turnover goes on wages. 

Add the transfer fees paid on top of that and hey presto you've got a significant amount of money going on the shite on the park. 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

76% of our turnover goes on wages. 

Add the transfer fees paid on top of that and hey presto you've got a significant amount of money going on the shite on the park. 

What’s the turnover? £15 million or so? 

If we’re blootering £6 million per year on top, that is gross mismanagement IYAM. 

• Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, NEM said:

Our wage bill (including all staff) 9m and 150 paid members of staff. 

Aberdeen don’t break down but “other” expenses was £4.6m. I suspect this includes paying off shite managers contracts, transport/hotel costs, fuck knows what else but hospitality food etc. There was chat we spend 500k a year on pittodrie. Seemingly we spent 3m on new players and 851k was lost on assets losing value. 

Coincidentally(!) our downward slide coincided with Considine's injury on that tattle patch in Eastern Europe.

Possibly AFC's most underrated and under appreciated player ever.

Deserved better from Goodwin.

(Then again... we all did.)

Would love to see him back involved in a role with the club at some point.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Dildo 1
33 minutes ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

Coincidentally(!) our downward slide coincided with Considine's injury on that tattle patch in Eastern Europe.

Possibly AFC's most underrated and under appreciated player ever.

Deserved better from Goodwin.

(Then again... we all did.)

Would love to see him back involved in a role with the club at some point.

He was always good on RedTv and obviously a fan so no issues with him coming back. Definitely was time for him to go though. 

2 minutes ago, Russell said:

He was always good on RedTv and obviously a fan so no issues with him coming back. Definitely was time for him to go though. 

Or... sign a final 2 year deal, fill in from the bench when needed, and ease into youth coaching or whatever afterwards.

He would have been great to have around.

10 minutes ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

Or... sign a final 2 year deal, fill in from the bench when needed, and ease into youth coaching or whatever afterwards.

He would have been great to have around.

Admittedly I don't watch St Johnstone but if I recall he has been shite against us including a red card and own goal 

2 minutes ago, Russell said:

Admittedly I don't watch St Johnstone but if I recall he has been shite against us including a red card...

It was his birthday, wasn't it?

3 minutes ago, Russell said:

...and own goal 

He was fouled. Didn't stand.

Anyway, I believe he wanted a 2 year deal but the club was only prepared to give him one.

I would have given him a 2 year deal (which doesn't mean he'd be a starter) with the prospect of hiring him after that to work for the club behind the scenes.

(All moot now. Just saying that it's one thing that the club could have perhaps handled better.)

1 hour ago, Andy_123 said:

Have you not watched Jensen this season? Morris is getting plenty grief for not being of the required standard but Jensen really isn’t far behind him. An awful centre back

Jensen might not be the best currently but he is so far ahead of Morris it’s unreal. Morris is one of the worst players to ever pull on an Aberdeen top and I don’t say that lightly as we have had some shit players play for us 

On 2/18/2024 at 10:23 AM, At The Border Guy said:

Been looking at our squad and realising our player turnover has been even more insane than I realised. Hayes the only first-team player who played under McInnes in his last season - less than 3 years ago!

Absolutely no stability on the pitch at all under this guy.

Around this time 2 seasons ago, 26.2.22, we had the game against Dundee United when Alex Ferguson was up. 

Aberdeen Teamsheet
Lewis, Gallagher, Ramirez, Besuijen, Montgomery (Ruth 93), Ojo, McLennan(McGeouch 67), Ferguson, Bates, Barron, Kennedy (Jenks 77).

considering we stuck out just about the same team season after season with a few adjustments for years under mcinnes it is incredible. Just 2 years ago and only Barron still here from those who featured. 

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, RUL said:

Our wage bill (including all staff) 9m and 150 paid members of staff. 

Aberdeen don’t break down but “other” expenses was £4.6m. I suspect this includes paying off shite managers contracts, transport/hotel costs, fuck knows what else but hospitality food etc. There was chat we spend 500k a year on pittodrie. Seemingly we spent 3m on new players and 851k was lost on assets losing value. 

Clarkson when genius Robbo decided he should play as a sweeper?

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

Have you not watched Jensen this season? Morris is getting plenty grief for not being of the required standard but Jensen really isn’t far behind him. An awful centre back

Jensen isn't our worst centre half, he's far better than Gartenmann

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Around this time 2 seasons ago, 26.2.22, we had the game against Dundee United when Alex Ferguson was up. 

Aberdeen Teamsheet
Lewis, Gallagher, Ramirez, Besuijen, Montgomery (Ruth 93), Ojo, McLennan(McGeouch 67), Ferguson, Bates, Barron, Kennedy (Jenks 77).

considering we stuck out just about the same team season after season with a few adjustments for years under mcinnes it is incredible. Just 2 years ago and only Barron still here from those who featured. 

TBF there's only 2 or 3 on that list you'd still want here

9 hours ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

It was his birthday, wasn't it?

He was fouled. Didn't stand.

Anyway, I believe he wanted a 2 year deal but the club was only prepared to give him one.

I would have given him a 2 year deal (which doesn't mean he'd be a starter) with the prospect of hiring him after that to work for the club behind the scenes.

(All moot now. Just saying that it's one thing that the club could have perhaps handled better.)

He was pish for years with less pace than David Winnie. Red tinted spectacles at their best. 

People and their misty eyed recollections often get it wrong.